Difficulties in healthy lifestyle
I would say , my mental health is okay but I procastinate a lot whenever I'm home. I'm basically lying down all the time. I find it hard to cook to clean to organise my house. But I don't really do anything. I just go and ***, go on social media. I tried to watch a film or a series but I don't enjoy which I did used to enjoy. I'll play game sometimes which does make me happy.
I have stopped doing exercise.Because going to the gym was too much.It was stressing me.I'm so glad I did plan.I'm going back , but maybe after I get my licence , which i'm planning on signing up to next week. I vape , which I think is really pushing my mood down.
But I cannot for the life of me get up early half breakfast.I never have breakfast.Make a food , I spend more than I would like to I want to quit vaping , and I would like to be someone that feels productive during the day , not just lying down all the timeBut I cannot for the life of me get up early half breakfast. I never have breakfast. Make a food, I spend more than I would like to. I want to quit vaping, and I would like to be someone that feels productive during the day, not just lying down all the time.
😔
@indigoPapaya2280
There will always be a reason to not start or delay starting items.... we put off due to getting our license or finding time or whatever.
You know you are spending a lot vaping... find a way to quit. getting up early or starting to exercise is not even about finding time or transportation to a gym. People who do not succeed had many ways to procrastinate to delay making changes. You are aware of your roadblocks or distractions that is ahead of many who are not aware scrolling is wasting time etc...
want change BE the change. the only one holding you back is you.
Yes that is so right! Being aware is a good step. I didnt think of it like that. I saw it as it all has to be done perfectly but I have started to change actually :) i deleted social media instead i play games on my Nintendo which i find more wholesome. I have given a few vapes away and I dont take any to work. Hopefully with these small changes I can do more. Thanks!
@indigoPapaya2280
Hi there~ I’m Ocean, the Healthy Living Community Leader… It’s nice to have you here & sharing your experiences with us..
I can agree with the Other responses & direction that the others here have shared with you…. But personally I feel the need to ask you if you work or go to school? If you live on your own or live with others? Do you have friendships or family that you engage with on a regular basis?
I think it’s important that we have these things in our lives to help not only keep us engaged & moving forwards, but also for added personal support & even accountability when or where needed… If you are sitting around all day (not working, going to school, or engaging with others), that can sadly create a rather “lonely & unmotivated world”! And while you do say that you feel your “mental health is okay”, it appears that it could possibly be affected in ways you aren’t yet realizing just by the fact that you are feeling negative emotions in regards to your overall wellbeing & “procrastination”. (Lying down all the time, not cooking or cleaning for yourself, organizing your space, & not enjoying the simple things that you feel that you used to)?! Those can all be signs that situations are starting to affect or make an impact on your mental & emotional energy & wellness.~
Working out doesn’t have to be stressful.. It’s really about just “moving your body physically in ways that you ENJOY”! (“Enjoy” being the key term).. If you are doing something that doesn’t please you then you’ll be less likely to want to do it again.
And NOT having breakfast or fueling your body with healthier food options to start your day is like trying to operate a vehicle on an empty gas tank. (It simply doesn’t work out well)~ Which can lead to a very unproductive day ahead for you! Because your body is then running on “empty”. And I won’t even start on the “vaping”, as it sounds like you are already aware of the issues with that. Plus leaving that behind would “help” in fixing your Financial Wellness by saving you money!
Starting with “Small steps” taking one day at a time by working on fixing the areas in your life that need improvements…. Start with one healthy food in the morning (like a banana or an apple), and then add another new step going forward each day or each week until the habit grows… Grab some music or a podcast or whatever you enjoy, and try walking in the Sunshine to maybe “one or two” of your favorites until it’s done. 2-3 songs is about 10 minutes of activity!.., Then continuing adding something else you enjoy going forward. Slowly increase your time…
You say you sit around during the day, if you currently find yourself watching TV, get up and move or walk in place during every commercial break….. Starting small makes it much less daunting or overwhelming.
Last but not least, we are here to support you at 7-Cups. And we have other wonderful Support Communities here such as the “Motivation & Accountability” community. Which may also help you to stay motivated, focused & accountable with things. And Also, check out your area and see what other things, groups, or clubs, may spark your interests in or near the community you live in? Building support or friendships for accountability as well… And if you have family, start there if you can. Maybe Take walks together, talk with them about helping you with the vaping matter. Etc..
Either way we’re here to support your efforts. And please continue to keep us updated on how you’re doing or if you have any questions. And Good Luck to you!
I live on my own, in my parents house they are are currently semi permanent living in malaga. During the summer my sister works away and during the year we are together. I work. I start at 3pm and finish at 8pm. But I find my morning to be asleep so that's something that I really want to change. Then when I get back I'm tired and I really don't do anything but watch TV.
I leave my chores for my day off where I procastinate a lot more and dwell until it's done.
I have a good group of friends and good relationship with my parents. This has changed I didnt used to which is what makes me think my mental health is okay. Because I dont feel too alone, as in the social part im happy. It can always be better and I would still say I'm shy, but its okay. I'm.not someone who talks about the deep things but I have been talking about wanting to quit vaping and they have reel helped.
But I think your right the low motivation and not want to do things or enjoy certain things is from something not working. I would the carrier or the ambition or challenge aspect. I feel lost in that department and highly unmotivated. My job is alright but with the little hours I have of work I could do something else as well. Something that makes me feel im challenging myself or in the future I could be something else or feel proud.
I will keep in mind small steps and I liked your ideas :) like the apple in the morning I can see myself doing that. Or exercise, maybe notice small things more would be helpful. I get so lost in the big ideas.
I dont know my moods change a lot, and i do feel stuck but hopefully I can make small improvements.
@indigoPapaya2280
Thank you for explaining & going into a little more detail about your situation! It was very helpful to understand further..
Having a work shift from 3-8pm is a pretty good one. As It gives some nice “flexibility” (& spending money). While also leaving a wide door open for you to tackle things earlier in the day (as well even getting in rest or a nap if needed before you have to leave for work)!
Perhaps making a plan for yourself on how many days you could commit to working out or “activity” in your week, & then putting action to it could help?.. (Example could be sleeping until 10am, getting up, eating a nice or light bfast to start your day, then by 11am put into action a workout or activity, mindful movements/stretching/walking etc… whatever you’re feeling), & start small with maybe 10-20 minutes? Then increase as able over time… You could be completed by lunchtime. And then be clear the rest of your day for other things you want to do, or simply rest before going to work…
You could even squeeze in a light chore during that time, “housework & chores” also count as movement too! That way on your day off, you can have it all for yourself to relax relax…
We’re so glad to hear for you that you have good relationships with your family & friends! As that is so important & beneficial for our overall wellbeing to have good social connections.
It sounds like however that you may be also looking for feelings of contentment & purpose?! Something that helps you feel content & that gives you a purpose in your life from day to day? And that’s completely understandable as we could all use that. And Having a purpose is what helps us to simply get up in the morning & live life! So we definitely hope that you find yours and whatever that is for you!
All we can do for ourselves in this life is “try”… And by simply trying with those first small steps, we are already working towards small improvements that can add up over time! So it’s awesome that you are willing to try to start taking small steps towards your goals. And again we are here to support you!
Okay.Yes, I could try that to squeeze something even if it's a walk in the morning.I used to do this when I had my dog and my house.She's now with my parents.But that small book in the morning would really help so I can try that. I've been saying it for ages but I want to sign up to the Driver's licence. And I'm talking to a friend and we've been trying to figure out for about 2 weeks now which is taking longer, because I'm ready to sign up now which probably I should want to sign up with him so that We can motivate each other and I think doing this will definitely get me up in the morning. I think more than getting in the morning is going to sleep early that I struggle with. Thank you for your advice.I appreciate it :)
@indigoPapaya2280
Awesome! Sounds like you have some steps to take in following your path & goals going forward. And it’s great that you have a friend to help possibly continue to motivate you in getting your license. I’m sure once that comes together that it could definitely open up a wider range of opportunities for you! Good luck :) And keep us updated on how things are going for you. :)
@indigoPapaya2280 Finding the balance of a healthy lifestyle is the most difficult part and nobody ever talks about it much.
@JasonSolo0001
“Life” itself is a “balance” …. In everything we do. Everyday.
From the moment we get up in the morning & for the next 24 hours that follow after, is all about finding a balance in your day.
I was once told years ago that we have “8hours to work, 8 hours to play, & 8hours to rest/sleep”... (that =24 hours) in your day.
The 8hours to “play” is where you have your time to find the balance in making & creating a plan for yourself to focus on taking healthier steps every day. (Choosing healthier foods, Meal-prepping ahead, taking a walk, light stretching, taking a fitness class, making time to stay accountable whether through yourself, friends, or family; journaling, meditation etc..etc..). Everything it takes to work on your wellbeing (Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, financially)… etc..
Not everyday will be 100% in all that we do, but taking “small steps” each day to create that balance for yourself can help.
I'm so sorry that things feel so heavy for you right now. It sounds like you have a want to get better but stress and low motivation is holding you back. That's totally understandable. I hope that you see things can get better, and you're doing the best you can for your situation. It makes me having to hear that you've made plans to return to the gym and get a license! Those are great, productive goals. Take care of yourself 🫶
@indigoPapaya2280 Hi! I have also been feeling the same lately. It's been more than two weeks of me totally wasting my time, mostly scrolling through on social media, watching endless reels which I don't even want to watch, but there is nothing else I want to do. I have a lot of work to get done and I genuinely want to do them well, but I am struggling to start the work. I am pretty worried for myself. Let me know if you do anything that is working to help make this better?
Hello! The one thing that has helped me most is delete (or deactivate) social media. I wouldnt say necessarily I am more productive now, maybe a bit. But it has lifted my mood. That i have noticed a big change. Even if maybe im still spending a lot of time laying down im doing other things that make me feel more whole. And I really does miss social media! Also not on purpose I sometimes just do it as in maybe im already up and go straight to the kitchen to cook or i think i should switch the TV off and then just do it. Its weird but I have been trying to do that. I struggle to get up in the morning.. a lot. Maybe you have some tips?
@indigoPapaya2280
Hello, wanted to say your situation resonates with me and quite a few people I know. Being in a slump and refusing to do certain things because there was a lack of joy in doing things (though I'm glad you were able to still enjoy gaming).
Everyone is unique and a solution that works for one person may not work for the other. For me one of the things that helped me get out of a slump was, simply filling my schedule up with stuff. From what I gathered you are working however I'm sure you can work something out.
The worst thing to do is end up in a cycle of not doing anything, thinking over what we aren't doing, and not wanting to do anything because we aren't doing anything which leads to not doing anything.
Going out for the sake of going out and doing stuff before work or after work helped immensely. I don't know if you have friends or people in your life you want to see again but definitely reach out. I don't know your finances though but hopefully you are able to go out and enjoy yourself. And when you do you get more motivation so you can go outside and do things (like go to the gym!).
I hope you find a solution that works best for you. You see to be improving going by the thread. Take care of yourself.
@indigoPapaya2280
small changes lead to big ones. you already are aware and you want to change; that's the first step! be proud of that 💕
i know how hard it is to get back into your goals. every monday i start over and every thursday i quit. but nowadays i busy myself and delete my distractions (social media and games), and i tell all my friends what i'm doing so i don't disappoint them. it's been working, even though i fall back to my old habits sometimes. right now i'm actually procrastinating working out (but i'll update you and let you know if i got a workout in!!)
i believe in you. it will be a hard journey, but i know you can do it. you got this!! 🫶
@indigoPapaya2280I'm praying for you I'm having the same issue. Been this way since 2021.