Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mental Health Professional Directory and Services

User Profile: GlenM
GlenM January 27th, 2016

If you haven

97
User Profile: Arjunpeter
Arjunpeter February 3rd, 2016

Am in breakup depression . and am very sensitive guy .I had less controlling capacity

2 replies
User Profile: KrinkTheMellowUnicorn
KrinkTheMellowUnicorn February 4th, 2016

@Arjunpeter - sounds really hard! have you been able to connect with a good listener yet? or explored any of the resources on the site for breakups and depression?

User Profile: undefidtysarshned
undefidtysarshned February 5th, 2016

@Arjunpeter, if you need someone to talk to just let me know. If you would like to talk privately, send me a note & I'll give you my ph #. I'm extremely knowledgeable about highly sensitive people, so if you don't have someone else to talk this over with - I'm here.

load more
User Profile: coolvibes
coolvibes February 3rd, 2016

Welcome to 7cups Lara.

User Profile: Laura
Laura February 4th, 2016

You're invited: Meeting with Lara to Discussion Clinical Services at 7 Cups

Calling all current therapists on 7 Cups! You're invited!

We are very excited about the upcoming addition of clinical services at 7 Cups (learn more here). As a therapist and a listener, you may have questions about how these changes affect you...or, perhaps you want to know what opportunities may soon be available to you. And, we'd love to hear from you about your thoughts on this new venture, so that we can best meet the needs of the clinical community.

Join @Lara, the Director of Clinical Initiatives, for a conference call to discuss this update and get your questions answered!

Date: Friday, February 5

Time: 9:30am PST / 12:30 PM EST

Location: 7 Cups Conference Line (connect here)

Note: Make sure to use your 7 Cups username when logging on. Additionally, please mute yourself upon joining. When you are ready to chat, you can unmute yourself. We've had problems with background noise in the past! Thanks for understanding!

RSVP: By posting to this thread!

Share your thoughts, ideas, and questions! If there is something you'd like to see addressed, please post it here and we'll do our best to discuss it on the call!

6 replies

@Laura I am not a licensed therapist and am still in training and was wondering if you could discuss that aspect of the new update during the conference tomorrow.

5 replies
User Profile: Laura
Laura February 4th, 2016

@MaddieTheTherapist

Yes, come on down :)

1 reply

@Laura Wait.. are you extending the invite to the conference tomorrow to me, even though I'm not licensed yet?

load more
User Profile: LaraG
LaraG February 4th, 2016

@MaddieTheTherapist

Sure thing! We'll talk about how therapists, and therapists in training, can participate in the clinical features.

2 replies

@Lara So yes, I should come?

1 reply
User Profile: LaraG
LaraG February 4th, 2016

@MaddieTheTherapist

Yes!

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Laura
Laura March 25th, 2016

ANNOUCEMENT: We should excpet to see more updates and information on this early next week. This update is coming & in the works!!! Stay tuned for more information.

User Profile: GlenM
GlenM OP March 25th, 2016

We've been making good progress on things. I'm a big believer in multi-disciplinary teams. People in different roles can see things differently and work together to better help clients seeking help. I think the same will happen here on 7 cups and I'm really excited to see how it evolves. In fact, this piece - the listener and therapist treatment team - is the thing that I'm most interested in. There is enormous potential here to do a ton of good and help a lot of people. And, from what I can tell, this type of system doesn't really exist in any other environment.

I was on a call with the Public Health Foundation of India last week. They are in the process of designing a research study where people seek help from self-help materials. If the self-help materials do not help the person, then they seek help from a peer supporter (our equivalent of a listener). If the person's issues require more intensive care, then the person is referred to a professional therapist. We are different in the sense that anyone can get help via self-help materials or from listeners right away. They do not have to step up into receiving peer support. I think that is pretty awesome. What I think will also be very interesting will be to see the organic/spontaneous/unique ways (ways we do not yet know or cannot identify) that therapists support listeners and listeners support therapists in providing better support to people seeking help. Lots of possibilities here!

1 reply

@GlenM I can't wait to see how this development plays out! As a budding psychoanalyst, I'm so excited for these new possibilities.

load more
User Profile: Harry53
Harry53 July 18th, 2016

@GlenM Hi, Glen. A few days ago NPR posted an article about how difficult it can be to find a therapist. I think you will find it to be of interest. Here's the link: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/07/14/481762357/frustrated-you-can-t-find-a-therapist-they-re-frustrated-too?sc=tw

2 replies
User Profile: LaraG
LaraG July 22nd, 2016

@Harry53

Thanks for sharing!

1 reply
User Profile: Harry53
Harry53 July 23rd, 2016

@LaraG You are welcome! smiley

load more
load more