🫶 I Understand 🫶
hi, lovely humans. ☁️
if we haven't met yet, my name is Lex , and i'm one of the listeners here on 7 Cups. i just wanted to take a little moment to introduce myself and hopefully create a soft, cozy little corner of the community where you can feel welcome. ♡
being a listener means so much to me. i don't think listening is about having all the right answers or knowing exactly what someone should do. honestly, sometimes there isn't a perfect answer. sometimes someone just needs another person to sit beside them for a little while and say, "you don't have to go through this moment alone."
as a listener, i want people to feel like they can come exactly as they are. you don't have to organize your thoughts before talking to me. you don't have to make your feelings sound reasonable. you don't have to pretend you're having a good day when you're really not. you can be messy, confused, emotional, quiet, or completely unsure of what you need. i'll still listen. 🤍
₊˚ʚ 🌷 ɞ˚₊
that's one of the reasons i love 7 Cups so much. there's something really special about having a place where you can put down some of the things you've been carrying, even if it's just for a little while.
mental health struggles can be so incredibly lonely. sometimes we can be surrounded by people and still feel completely alone inside our own heads. we can laugh with friends, go to work, go to school, answer messages, take care of other people, and somehow still be struggling underneath all of it.
sometimes struggling looks like crying and feeling like you can't take one more thing. sometimes it looks like sleeping all day because you're exhausted. sometimes it's barely sleeping because your thoughts won't quiet down. sometimes it's overthinking every little thing you've said. sometimes it's feeling completely numb and not understanding why you don't feel anything at all.
and sometimes it's simply saying "i'm fine" because you don't know how to explain that you're anything but.
₊˚⊹ ☁️ ⊹˚₊
i've had my own experiences with mental health struggles too, and i won't go too deeply into my own story, but i've learned firsthand how much it can mean to have someone genuinely listen.
there have been moments where i've wished someone could just understand what i was feeling without me having to find the perfect words for it. i think that's something so many of us can relate to.
sometimes we aren't asking someone to fix everything.
we aren't asking them to make the pain disappear.
we just want someone to notice.
someone to say, "i can tell you're having a hard time."
someone to say, "you don't have to explain everything."
someone to say, "i'm here."
and sometimes, those little words can mean more than people realize. 🌿
₊˚ʚ 🫧 ɞ˚₊
being heard can feel like such a small thing, but when you're struggling, it can mean everything.
there are times when you can feel invisible even when people are standing right beside you. you might wonder if anyone really notices how tired you are. you might feel like a burden for needing support. you might convince yourself that other people have bigger problems and that you should just keep your feelings to yourself.
but you don't have to wait until you're completely falling apart before you're allowed to need someone.
you deserve to be heard on the ordinary hard days, too.
you deserve someone who will listen when you don't know what to say. you deserve kindness when you're overwhelmed. you deserve a space where you don't have to hide the parts of yourself that feel difficult or complicated.
and even if someone can't completely understand what you're going through, your feelings are still real. your experiences still matter. you still matter. 🤍
₊˚⊹ 🌸 ⊹˚₊
when you're talking to me, i want you to know that i see you as more than just the words on my screen.
i see someone who has a whole life outside of this conversation. someone who has probably carried things other people don't know about. someone who has had good days, terrible days, little victories, setbacks, moments of hope, and moments where simply getting through the day was enough.
i hear the things you're able to put into words, and i also understand that sometimes there are feelings underneath those words that are much harder to explain.
you don't have to make yourself smaller here.
you don't have to apologize for needing someone.
you don't have to pretend you're okay for my sake.
you can just be you. 🌷
₊˚ʚ 🤍 ɞ˚₊
so, with all of that said, i'd love to leave you with a little question:
☁️ What's one thing you'd like someone to simply say, "I understand" to?
maybe it's something you've been carrying for years. maybe it's something that happened recently. maybe it's something you don't even know how to explain yet.
you don't have to share anything you're uncomfortable with. you can write a whole paragraph, a single sentence, or simply sit with the question for a little while. there's no right answer here. ♡
₊˚⊹ 🌙 ⊹˚₊
and before you go, please remember that my PMs are always open. if you ever need somewhere to vent, talk, ramble, sort through your thoughts, or simply have someone sit and listen for a little while, i'm always just a PM away.
no judgment. no pressure. you don't have to have the perfect words.
just a safe little space to be heard. 🤍
please be gentle with yourself today, lovely.
you deserve to be seen. you deserve to be heard. and you deserve to have someone remind you that what you're feeling matters.
i'm glad you're here. 🌷☁️
@LexListens2025
@ShadowFaerie @unassumingEyes @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sadcat13 @Amanda84 @goldenduckling @mytwistedsoul @Tinywhisper11 @LovemyMoonflowers @GreenLime3141 @7Bear7 @Phoenixthepoised @Torean @GentleHealingInitiative @cyanessence @YourCaringConfidant @CaringEzra @NobleSeeker @fossilfellow @BastionKnight @trueconfidant123 @safeplace288 @lovingCat6978 @reservedOwl321 @dapperNest2125 @Creamyyy @naturesbeauty1234 @bubbleSummer9800 @peachThinker662 @warmheartedHuman836 @Mansbestfriend @Paliloveyourself @Magicpawsoffuture @SelfCareMatters @TovaCares76 @sabeyesofblue3535 @Ailuraphilelove8tear9 @charmingApple8098 @luvArisu @BlueDarkAurora @RunningMachine @daydreammemories @curiousbookishness @sympatheticPlace3743 @musawva @KindleMissie @WellsFiction @Angelanj @SlappyMcGee @jesusredeemedme2425 @bubblePerson5643 @creativeScarf316 @cheerfulKiwi1776 @SparkyGizmo @RedOceanSun
@LexListens2025
Yayyy another post of yoursss!!
What's one thing you'd like someone to simply say, "I understand" to?
Hmm well. I think I would like it if someone said:
" I understand that what you go through is hard and valid. I understand that you might seem that you are okay but actually need help. I understand you. I feel you. I m here for you. There's no need to be perfect or strong. There's no need to keep suffering. I m here to help you out. I understand you completely"
Thanks for this prompt lex. If it was you, what would you answer to this question?
Ps: ofcourse answer only if you feel comfortable
Personally, I don't want anyone to say they understand anything about me, unless they say...
"I understand that you're different."
Just got back from an appointment and I have to constantly advocate for myself and the care I receive. Sometimes I can't stand doctors who think they know everything. I'm the "same" but "different". Excuses of "no one anticipated this or that... in a short period of time." I did. I called, left mesages, sent emails... because I know my body. I could feel it. All to just get an apology for miscommunication, a lecture, etc. I don't need that. I just need to be taken serious and heard and acknowledged. She finally admitted I'm "different" and I'll take that any day over being told she understands when she clearly doesn't. All those years of education isn't teaching them about me.
I really appreciate you making this post and allowing us a safe space to share, so thank you. ♡ I need no responses. Just typing this made me feel better.
@YourCaringConfidant
I'm sorry you had to go through that my sweet friend! ❤️ I applaud you for advocating for yourself!
It's so incredibly disappointing to speak, to speak again, over and over while someone fails to listen. I have to wonder if some in any line of work, have some sort of "block" when listening. Kind of like, it doesn't fit into everything that I learned, there for it simply doesn't exist. ☹️
Maybe instead of saying "well you're just different", perhaps they should consider that they don't know it all, that they didn't learn well enough, that they didn't listen, they didn't invest deeply enough. Maybe their "care button" broke and they should reconsider their approach before coming into the office to treat others lest they make the same mistake again.
I have to wonder why it is so very difficult for some people to simply say "I'm sorry". To say "I have failed you and I see that now". I think if this person had said these things to you and "I'm going to reconsider my approach. I'm going to try harder and do a better job of listening to you as well as others. Thank you for teaching me a valuable lesson that is going to help me as well as others moving forward".... I wonder what that could have done for you as a human being, for this person moving forward to learn and grow and for the relationship that the two of you have.
*sighs* That didn't happen. People shouldn't put the onus on you in that way.
I appreciate you! ❤️ I hope your day/week gets better!
I send you big big *hugs* ❤️
That my direct supervisor seems to look down on me and not respect me as an employee.
@LexListens2025
What's one thing you'd like someone to simply say, "I understand" to?
I cant always be okay. I cant always make the right decisions. People just...dont know about the bad ones.
(Love your posts 🤍)
Plz read the community section of grief and loss dated 20th Aug,2026 and give your suggestions below that thread itself.
Deeply appreciate
Plz read the community section of grief and loss dated 20th Aug,2026 and give your suggestions below that thread itself.
Deeply appreciate