Sometimes it looks like it's all happening all over again. How do I deal with this?

Hope Hadding, MSW, LCSW

I am a professional therapist with extensive experience working with various mental health disorders as well as sexual issues. I am supportive and non-judgmental.

Dailydaydreama
If it looks like it ! It sounds like it could be a flashback ... Non thinking tools can be used to help stop this ! Counting backwards in odd numbers or looking for colors and shapes that you can see is a helpful way to bring you back into a safe place !
LilyFlowers
Well honestly, our life events are here to teach us things, if it's happening against, it means you didn't learn your lesson the first time. So it down and ask yourself "what can I learn from this? How can I grow stronger" It's the only way.
Shaunislistening
Practice makes perfect. Engage it and learn all you can so you can help someone else through a similar experience.
WarmBeauty46
First to know that it isn't Today is a new day and it is beautiful. Second is to talk to someone, you may feel alone but you are never truely alone. We are always here.
Anonymous
we all get that dejavu experience like ths could be again, scared to change or move but hoping to be ok
Anonymous
Grounding techniques and mindfulness can help to bring you back to the moment to a safe time when it isn't happening - i usually try and name 5 things or colours I can see, 4 things I can touch or feel - skin, clothes, the ground, 3 sounds I can hear, 2 things I can smell and one thing I can taste - using all your senses and concentration to focus on the current environment to bring myself back. Positive self talk - I'm safe I survived, its over then doing something nice for myself before when ready thinking writing or talking about my experience facing it head on - on my terms.
Blaine62
I'm not sure what you mean. Is it something bad that is happening again? Would you like to talk about it?
compassionateRainbow6543
If you feel it’s happening all over again just remember you have been through it before, you have the experience and the will power to get over it and feel fine again . I know it must’ve been hard for you before but never forget you had the patience to get through it before and you can do it again just believe in yourself and never lose hope . Think of it like it’s a challenge and you need to complete it to feel better again . And if you need any help we are always their to listen .