Why does nobody (even the police) believe I was raped?

Shawn Wilson, LCSW

I provide supportive counseling and psychotherapy. I utilize cognitive-behavioral and solution focused strategies to address client concerns. Personal coaching is available.

kindheartedSky78
I am sorry to hear that firstly you had the experience of being raped and also that you haven't been believed. I cannot know why people haven't believed you. How does it make you feel that no one believes you?
Anonymous
Unfortunately, victim-blaming is still a huge problem worldwide. Rape is a serious issue, but it's not really thought to be. The police think that the victim asked for it (and so does society as a whole most often) by pushing it onto their clothing, behavior, or substance use. The reality is, if you were raped, you were raped, and no one asks for it. It's a reflection of society's need to blame victims, and I'm sorry your dealing with this, but it's a painful truth of living in the world right now. Hopefully, you can find someone who believes you and validates your feelings.
Brittneym101
I have been in your shoes. I was raped about 4 years ago and it was to the point where I didn't even go t any type of law enforcement because even my own family didn't believe me. I was 17 at the time and the guy was I believe like 30 at the time. I'm 20 years old now and people still make comments about it as if I consented to this man. Honestly if you know what happened nobody else's opinions matter. As for trying to get this guy put away for doing this to you.. I would suggest that you get a lawyer. There are even some lawyers out there that you don't have to pay unless you win the case.
Perhaps you should seek advice through your local resources. There are rape groups and victims groups who can help you further if you feel that nobody around you believes you.