How do I keep myself from dwelling on things that I can't change, or that I realistically have no control over?

Dominecaa White, LPC

Emotional challenges take a toll on who we are and can limit us from being our best. My desire is to help all clients experience freedom from emotional bondage.

UtopianMidgardianSanctuary
To keep oneself from dwelling on things is to be mindful and to realize that you may not change happenings but you can manage how to react to such.
MaeveTheBrave
Try to distract yourself more often with fun activities that you enjoy, and surround yourself with people you like.
kindheart14
Once u know that u have no control over those things, why should u dwell on? As it is common feeling, u should take control of ur mind and thoughts on such situations. It takes time to practice the act. Once u start controlling ur mind and negative thoughts u will never have that bad feeling
HannahCaradonnnaMSW
It sounds like you have anxiety. There are many things you can do to work on that. Check out the self-help guides about anxiety.
Anonymous
I look to the future, look forward to things that I will appreciate. I also look at the past- at problems I had very little control over but still overcame.
ashleymariex
Live with the moment! It is life and stressing over the little things will just make the little time on this earth less enjoyable. Enjoy every second and find healthy ways of coping through the bad moments. Stay Strong, Life may be hard, but it's life.
brightside62
If there is truly nothing I can do about a situation, then I shift my focus to something I can control, which may be as simple as breathing. For me, yoga practice is a great way to shift my state of mind and bring myself back to my breath.