How do you know you're having a panic attack?

Ken Thom, LPC

I believe that emotional dys-regulation is the underlying cause of all mental health challenges. I help people regulate their emotions and then begin their healing journey

Anonymous
Some different things can happen to an individual when having a panic attack. Sense of impending doom or danger, Fear of loss of control or death, Rapid, pounding heart rate, Sweating, Trembling or shaking, Shortness of breath or tightness in your throat., Chills and Hot flashes. Are all signs of a panic attack. You may have trouble to breathe . Panic attacks usually last about 10 minutes but they do vary in lengths. How they occur for different individuals differ from case to case. Everyone is unique and will not experience the same symptoms when having a panic attack.
hennyphd
If you think you're having a panic attack, you probably are! Here is a list of some of my symptoms that I personally get when I have a panic attack, however to each their own. -Most always, it is terribly hard to breathe and sometimes I stop breathing. -During some panic attacks, I am sobbing, however, some days it's just laying there. Every panic attack is different. -Mostly, numbness accompanies my body. You may feel pins and needles all over or just relatively nothing. I've endured all sorts of panic attacks. In some, I am an emotional mess and I'm having somewhat of a tantrum. In others, I lay still and space out. Again, your panic attacks may be different!
Sealiously
Understanding and looking out for the symptoms that occur when someone suffers from a panic attack would help you identify if you are in the midst of a panic attack or not. Panic attacks usually last for about 10 minutes max but can vary. It can cause a variety of different symptoms such as: - A racing heart. - Feeling weak, faint or dizzy. - Tingling or numbness in your hands and fingers. - Feeling sweaty or having chills. - Chest pains. - Breathing difficulties. - Feeling a loss of control. Everyone is unique, not everyone will experience the same symptoms. However, if you are experiencing more than one or two of those listed above, then there is a possibility that you are experiencing a panic attack.