How do you know you're having a panic attack?

Ken Thom, LPC

I believe that emotional dys-regulation is the underlying cause of all mental health challenges. I help people regulate their emotions and then begin their healing journey

hennyphd
If you think you're having a panic attack, you probably are! Here is a list of some of my symptoms that I personally get when I have a panic attack, however to each their own. -Most always, it is terribly hard to breathe and sometimes I stop breathing. -During some panic attacks, I am sobbing, however, some days it's just laying there. Every panic attack is different. -Mostly, numbness accompanies my body. You may feel pins and needles all over or just relatively nothing. I've endured all sorts of panic attacks. In some, I am an emotional mess and I'm having somewhat of a tantrum. In others, I lay still and space out. Again, your panic attacks may be different!
Sealiously
Understanding and looking out for the symptoms that occur when someone suffers from a panic attack would help you identify if you are in the midst of a panic attack or not. Panic attacks usually last for about 10 minutes max but can vary. It can cause a variety of different symptoms such as: - A racing heart. - Feeling weak, faint or dizzy. - Tingling or numbness in your hands and fingers. - Feeling sweaty or having chills. - Chest pains. - Breathing difficulties. - Feeling a loss of control. Everyone is unique, not everyone will experience the same symptoms. However, if you are experiencing more than one or two of those listed above, then there is a possibility that you are experiencing a panic attack.