Hi I'm thinking a lot of self harming in a dangerous way. Will this help me on how I am feeling?

Tara Davis, Doctorate in Counselling Psychology

I have worked successfully with a wide range of difficulties. Nothing is more important than developing a warm, compassionate relationship with someone you can trust

radiantHoliday82
I believe you should first try to understand what is making you feel that way and try to talk about it before doing anything and try doing things you like before. If you still have the urge to harm yourself please do tell someone so they can help you
bountifulWhisper17
No, self harming will not help you on how you are feeling. Harming yourself may possibly make your feelings worse than they currently are.
JuliaCho
I used to cut for a few years. I know that’s not the only form of self harm, but it has done nothing for me. I did it thinking that it would be easier to take my frustration out on myself than other people. Sure, it felt good for, maybe, a tenth of a second. Then you just bleed, and the stinging afterwards is awful. All it did was leave me scars that I don’t want, self harming was a decision that I wish I had never made. It makes you self-conscious and you don’t want to wear t-shirts or shorts because people would question you, it does too much damage and no good at all. So no, it will not help you on how you are feeling. If you ever need anything, though, you can always talk to one of the listeners here