I (as a self-harmer) really enjoy looking at other people self-harm scars. If a person (in a video, for example) have them I stop the video to take a better look at them, staring at them. Why?

Dominecaa White, LPC

Emotional challenges take a toll on who we are and can limit us from being our best. My desire is to help all clients experience freedom from emotional bondage.

Anonymous
This action is called triggering, it sounds weird but I actually have done this myself. if you are trying to stay clean and you watch the videos, it might be you trying to accept you wanting to, unfortunately, I cannot tell you why you do it because everyone who deals with this has their reasons, but if you are worried about this you can always bring it up with a counselor or even a listener here on 7 cups. Sometimes by looking at self-harm or the scars can make us "happy" so to speak even without doing it ourselves, again, I don't fully understand why. a great way you could think about this is like getting a like on Facebook or social media it makes us happy. i hope this makes sense and might help a little. Stay strong!