I self harm but I don’t bruise and my scars always go after a few days and they never properly scar, does it mean it isn’t proper self harm?

Susan Carter, PhD LP

Sometimes you just need someone to listen, who gets it, who sees hope, who knows where to start and what steps to take. I can be that someone.

Caringheart23
Feeling like your self harm is not enough to be considered as one happens a lot if you don't have visible scars. It's very frustrating and gives you lot of mixed feelings. I'm sorry if you feel like no one pays real attention to what's going on, but trust me, it is a self harm, even if you can't see it too weel. I hope you'll find someone you trust to talk about it. We're here as well :)
sillyseraph002
any action intended to willfully cause yourself pain or suffering does qualify, legitimately, as an act of self- harm. It does not have to be physical. It does not have to leave marks, temporary or otherwise. It does qualify.
iamelbi
Self harm is not OK. I used to do it too, but I stopped doing that a long time ago. It doesn't worth it at all! Think about yourself. If you aren't your personal rock, then who is going to be?
UnfathomedSoul
No, it doesn't mean it's not proper self-harm. In the moment you are self-harming you are causing harm to yourself, but leaving scars depends on how hard you harm yourself.
Anonymous
No- any intentional self-inflicted pain counts as self-harm. I haven't reached the letter minimum so imma just vhgvhg