I'm working out a lot, but not losing weight. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Australia

Lauren Brody, Advanced diploma in counselling and psychology

I work in supporting individuals in reclaiming their lives from overwhelming thoughts and emotions and help them to take control

romanticthi3f
It's great that you are exercising, but ultimately for weight loss you need to focus on what you're eating too! Supposedly weight loss is 80% diet/20% exercise, so if you're not nourishing your body it might be the reason you haven't lost the weight. Having said that though there are other reasons that may be preventing weight loss such as thyroid symptoms etc - you could try your Doctor if you're concerned.
MysticN
Weight is lost by burning more calories than you consume. Exercise is really excellent for a lot of reasons, but there is a limit to how much you can boost your calorie burn. There probably are ways to exercise differently to maximize what you burn (not my area of expertise), but in my opinion and experience, the foundation of weight loss will come from controlling what you eat. It's important to keep your intake under control if you want to lose weight. Many websites and apps can give you a ballpark figure of what range of total calories to shoot for based on your age, current weight, gender and how rapidly you want to lose weight. The trick to making a calorie restricted diet work, is by eating quality calories, so your body is getting the actual nutrients it needs.
klemen
You told nothing about your eating habits and whether you unknowingly eat hidden sugar. For example, coffee, bought from automatic machines, contains sugar, no matter on how low sugar level machine is set. Regarding exercises: do you exercise with all limbs and other parts of body, do you do different exercises (endurance, strength,...)?
HauntingSoccerPlayer
There are three things you have to keep in mind about losing weight. They are 1. Exercise. 2. Diet. 3. Motivation. I guess your diet is not working properly. And if you are working out, probably you are not doing the right exercises that are supposed to help you out. More than going to the gym I would advice you to join MMA or karate. That gives you a full body work out and releases a generous amount of endorphin. It helps you to lose weight very quick.
AmethystUnicorn
Diet can be a big part of losing weight, sometimes it matters more than the exercise you do. Make sure you have a healthy diet, as well as doing enough cardio or even HIIT workouts!