Self love for emotional health
Hello hello lovely people coming across this thread, let's go one step deeper and learn more about self love, emotional health and the relationship between the two . ❤
Self love , can be defined in many ways, one way to look at it , is the appreciation for self , doing what's necessary for one's own physical , emotional and mental health , and accepting oneself as it is with the determination to move towards a better self for self .
“You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserves your love and affection.”
Emotional Health , is about how we think and feel. It is about our sense of wellbeing, our ability to cope with life events and how we acknowledge our own emotions as well as those of others.
“Embrace and love the parts in you that you want to get rid of.”
We often don't heal from things we don't acknowledge , the various barriers to our thoughts, limiting our feelings, depriving ourselves to feeel somethings , limiting emotions to only those seemingly "acceptable " by all , pretending to be Okay when not .....are some clear indications when we are not doing doing so well emotionally.
Emotions being the key to what makes us human , a living being, is something natural , inevitable, and something just there . We can't simply be 'emotion less ' , pretending to be okay and nonchalant about emotions, is one common coping tool , a defense mechanism many opt for in order to "protect" themselves from feeling the hurt or any other negative emotion, that we usually want to avoid feeling.
And it is completely okay to take our time with our feelings and emotions, however bottling up our emotions for long, may result in a certain heaviness , a form resistance to support, sense of detachment and feeling resentment towards oneself or someone else that caused that particular negative emotion , without a good let out , the bottled up emotions, may come out unexpectedly in a form we may not approve of .
Which is exactly why there's a need for acceptance , ( besides ofcourse healthy let outs ) acceptance of oneself , acceptance of our emotions and our situation . This comes through self love, when we give ourselves enough credit and start accepting us for who we are, we move one step closer to accepting our emotions and reassuring ourselves that it is okay to feel so , and that we can take our time to process through these at our pace and do what's necessary and what's good for us .
Of course, we all have parts of us that we would like to change. It becomes challenging to incorporate self love here , with our own personal judgment and self pity . However it helps to remember that , Humans are always growing and evolving, hopefully into a better version of ourselves. We can recognize and work to change thoughts and behaviors that aren’t serving us or others .
It always is a journey and never a single destination, we can however always continue to try our best , be mindful of our emotional well being, and be kinder to ourselves through all this while, once we are on this path of self growth and acceptance, we gotta keep moving , it might be just a step today and then a little pause , so be it , pauses are more than okay , we can also use these pauses to reflect on our journey so far, maybe that can work as an additional boost to just keep moving , to just , Take another step forward!
“The whole cosmos has come together to produce us; we carry the whole world inside us. That is why, to accept yourself and love yourself is an expression of gratitude.”
Thankyou for reading it all till here ! ❤
I believe In the power of. togetherness, so with the intent to support each other and be in this together, I invite everyone to answer some questions ❤
🌻What are your thoughts on self love ?
🌻 Do you feel self love and emotional health are connected, how do you feel your self love quotient impacts your emotional well being ?
🌻 What's something you can do in near future, say today or in a week , to show that you love yourself?
🌻Being kind to our mind is significant , so the floor is open, feel free to type in and share some kind words for yourself.
!❤! Have a great day loveliees, looking forward to hear what y'all think about self love and it's impact on our emotional health !❤!
@Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Great post! Thank you for taking the time to put this together and share it with us!
🌻What are your thoughts on self love ?....I don't think I really have any major ideas or thoughts on "self-love". But I do feel its something that many of us probably need to have much more of for ourselves! We can certainly be our own worst critics.
🌻 Do you feel self love and emotional health are connected, how do you feel your self love quotient impacts your emotional well being ? .....I do believe that they are very much connect. How we feel about ourselves play a huge role in our mental and emotional wellbeing! And if its affected in a negative way, then not only does it affect the emotional, it affects the mental, and then the physical. It all goes together "hand-in-hand"!
🌻 What's something you can do in near future, say today or in a week , to show that you love yourself?..... To continue to focus on my daily goals, what I do, what I eat, the activity I get and put in each day for myself, and simply taking care of myself overall each day. Even if it means doing absolutely nothing and simply taking a Self-care day.
Hello @PoliteOcean , thanks so much, glad you found the post to be great ❤
Agreed, self love is definitely something we can practice more of specially when it's a known fact that we can be our own harshest critics at times .
Rightly said, our physical, emotional, mental well being and we how we perceive ourselves ...certainly all goes hand in hand and are connected closely .
Those are all great goals for practicing more self love , and engaging in self care to have a check on emotional health too .
Thankyou , Ocean, always love your answers! Hope you have a great weekend ❤
@Sunisshiningandsoareyou
🌻What are your thoughts on self love ?
it's vital to personal well-being. If you have self-love can you an also empathize with others better and be there for them
🌻 Do you feel self love and emotional health are connected, how do you feel your self love quotient impacts your emotional well being ?
I think self love goes hand-in-hand with emotional health.
🌻 What's something you can do in near future, say today or in a week , to show that you love yourself?
I will have regular mindfulness break/ check-in with myself
🌻Being kind to our mind is significant , so the floor is open, feel free to type in and share some kind words for yourself.
you have done enough for others, it's important to take care of yourself too!
Hey @kindLemonade thankyou for your insightful answers ❤
That is such a great way to look at it , lemon, I feel so too, when we are doing better emotionally and keeping well , we tend to empathize with others and support them better as well , and self love is definitely vital to personal well being .
Right on, They do go hand in hand and are closely related in terms of how they have a effect on each other .
Regular Mindfulness and check - ins with self are so great , rooting for you to practice these in the near future as well.
Awh , that's an important reminder for self , You've indeed done alot for others, and sometimes it's needed we keep ourselves first and do what's good for us , You Got This, Lemonnn! ❤
Have a lovely weekend ahead !
Enjoyed reading all you have shared here on such an important topic. I will answer your questions in a bit. Cheers. Tani
@RideaRainbow
Glad you enjoyed reading it , thanks Tani , looking forward to hear your responses ☺❤
I'd love to hear y'alls thoughts on this , @Lueurspace , @Thatswatshesaidd , @LoveToGod , @Amelia2324 ❤
@Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Hi Sun, I will try my best. Thank you for the tag, Sun. Hope you are doing alrigh and have had a good weekend, by when you read this
🌻What are your thoughts on self love ? Respecting yourself, knowing and allowing yourself to be alright with who you are and what you want in life, without any bid issues with these things, which allows you to be able to feel so much for others, care about them, understand where they may have come from, take plenty of time to listen to them, have empathy with them, and just be okay with caring and loving them---because you understand about love and care about figuring out what can best help them. Self-love translates to being able to love others.
🌻 Do you feel self love and emotional health are connected, how do you feel your self love quotient impacts your emotional well being ? They are very connected. Without self-love, you are not able to have good emotional health. Self-love impacts emotional health in many positive ways, of which the list of these could be extensive. But, basically, self-love impacts emotional health, enabling us each to feel "good enough" to usually maintain a positive sennse about ourselves, life, and what we live for.
🌻 What's something you can do in near future, say today or in a week , to show that you love yourself? This is the hardest of all the 4 questions for me, as it only wants the focus on myself. I will say, reading my Bible Life Application Book that two dear friends from church gave to me to help me a while back. Doing this will keep my focus on what love is really all about...loving God with all your heart, soul, and being, and next, loving your neighbor as yourself, in which your neighbor is everybody. This will give me self love by keeping my mind on love and things about it and related to it.
🌻Being kind to our mind is significant , so the floor is open, feel free to type in and share some kind words for yourself. Kind words for myself, hum....you love to be good to others, care about them, you love to check up on others, listen to them, help them, and do whatever you can for them that you are able to still do both physically and mentally. You do not have any anger within you, you have been able to forgive all, but your own sister sometimes and still don't completely understand why this is, but, you have come a long way, especially for all that you have been through....3 decades of phsical, sexual, and emotional abuse, by 3 repeat offenders, and many others for single incidences. God has helped you survive so many times that you should have been dead. All of this had helped you and taught you how to be so much better to others, how much more to care about others, to understand when they are going through things or have gone through things in their lives. You know to not tell anyone the details of any of it, so as to not traumatize them. You know you never want them to have to go through what you still go through with all this to this day. Just be good to others, love them, and care about them. You have been given this opportunity to do this and you can help many people.
I/we can not write anymore now please. Our alters are coming out...those who have been with us all our life and have helped us to survive so much of all of this. We know you do not understand and I/we are used to that and it is ok. Our alters are not part of a mental illness, but came from dealing with unbearable trauma when we were a kid. I/we are sorry we must go now. I/we have to be careful when they come out, becasue people get very confused and then upset and we understand how they must feel. I/we know if we were in their spot, I/we would feel the same way and it is all ok. We are going now. bye bye
@Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Lovely post. Self love is my favorite topic to discuss. Thank you so much for sharing about it as well as it's good to know about emotional health and it's connection with self love❤
1. Self love can be defined as "love of self". Taking care about your health, about your needs is called self love. We can show self love by taking care of your health, your needs, by focusing on your strengths and gifts. Moreover, I think that if you want to practice self love, stop thinking about others what they think about you because you know yourself better than anyone else and you know that you are beautiful✨❤
2. Yes, self love and emotional health is connected to each other. Emotional health is just our thoughts, emotions and feelings. If we feel good about ourselves, we love ourselves, we do the things which can make us happy then it will bring positivity in our emotional health too.
3. I don't know what to do exactly but keeping yourself healthy and positive physically as well as mentally can help us to practice self love❤
4. I just don't want to say about me. It's about everyone. Every person is amazing and beautiful in their own. Everyone has good qualities, hidden talents and lovely things which they need to recognize and should feel proud about it. Love yourself❤
Thank you so much for sharing sunnie❤
Thank you for tagging me Sunnie! You always know what kind of posts I would like and this one that you have written, it truly feels so very special to me! Thank you for writing it for us, a lot of people overlook their emotional hygiene not knowing how big of a role it plays on our overall health. I appreciate you for opening up such a great discussion for all of us on this ❤️
🌻What are your thoughts on self love ?
Self-love for me is really more about self-respect. I consider respect to be a great thing, and self-love, self-acceptance, self-care, self-respect, etc. go hand in hand. My thoughts on self-love mostly revolve around the fact that there is nothing more pure than a love of one's own existence, being alive, being us. There is nothing more special than that. We are social beings and we do depend on others but the best work is inner work. The light we share with others, starts from within so it's good to look after protecting our own and getting to know it more intimately. And I truly love the idea of self-neutrality being a step towards self-love. There's a quote that says (I don't remember the exact wording), "And if I asked you to name things you love, I wonder how long it would take for you to name yourself," I think about that a lot.
🌻 Do you feel self love and emotional health are connected, how do you feel your self love quotient impacts your emotional well being ?
Yes, I do think self-love and emotional health are connected. Mostly because I am a firm believer that only love can bring about a true change, whether it be love for ourselves, love for others or love for a thing. Higher the self-love quotient, the more emotional well-being guaranteed. It's not so much as "I love myself" but it's more like "I am worthy of taking care of myself as I would for any person that I love." And I like to think that the people who are willing to love are simply lovely ❤️ It affects our moods, our behaviour towards others, and most importantly it dictates the story we tell ourselves by affirming it according to the results. So it's always best to do our best to love ourselves because that's the story we're affirming which in turn helps us be better with our behaviour towards others and ourselves playing a great role in emotional well-being.
🌻 What's something you can do in near future, say today or in a week , to show that you love yourself?
I would like to set time aside daily that will simply be my me-time. I am already working on it but I hope it works out soon. I love spending time with myself but at times I put what others need out of me above my own needs (which *ahem* is definitely not self-respect so clear conflict in my personal core values).
🌻Being kind to our mind is significant , so the floor is open, feel free to type in and share some kind words for yourself.
You are doing your best. You know what is best for you, and nobody else can ever take over that job. You are a kind being. You are smart and you know exactly what needs to be known. You do your best for others and you deserve, no- You owe it to yourself to do your best for your own self. You are a work in progress and you cannot compromise this for something else. You deserve your own love. And you're not taking too much space, you're truly doing your best ❤️
Heyy amazingg Sun, Thats such an awesome post!😃❤
Im so glad to have come across this post.
Thanks a lot for taking out time to put up this amazing post here!! It surely is an absolutely awesome one!
Every single detail is 100% true.
Yess we all need to love ourselves, embrace ourselves even if we dont feel like doing so.
One way to always help ourselves move forward is by being there for ourselves first!
I hope we all understand the importance of self care and self love and do the best we can to improve them!
We are here for some reason and the universe will guide us to find that. And lets be a little stubborn too 😛 bcos
as we all know '' Magic truly happens when we dont give up, even if we feel like giving up. The universe always falls in love with a stubborn heart! ''
Lets be there for us! ❤❤❤
Keep shining, keep smiling, keep being your amazing self!
@Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Thank you for writing this thoughtful ୧⍤⃝🌻 topic, Sunshine! 🌞❤🤗❤(∩˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ∩)
🌻What are your thoughts on self love ?
me think self love is important for our mental health. Oftentimes when we face challenges in life & we lose meanings in life, it is hard to be gentle to ourselves. There are so many 'should have' & we think things could have been different if we did not make poor choices in life. But in reality, we never know, there are things beyond our control. It is possible that no matter what we chose or even if we could turn back the time, we would still be in the same present situation. So, with self love we would not beat ourselves, with self love we will have healthy self worth ୧⍢⃝୨❤
🌻 Do you feel self love and emotional health are connected, how do you feel your self love quotient impacts your emotional well being ?
yes yes, me think self love & emotional health are closely connected. When we are able to love ourselves in a healthy way, we will be less prone to depression ヘ(ˊᵕˋ ヘ)❤
🌻 What's something you can do in near future, say today or in a week , to show that you love yourself?
Honestly, it took a while for me to answer this, which I mean I need to apply more self love ღ(´͈ ᵕ `͈ ღ) I can show that I love myself perhaps by thinking more of what I want to do I stead of what my parent wants me to do ᕠ(ᐖ )ᕤ❤
🌻Being kind to our mind is significant , so the floor is open, feel free to type in and share some kind words for yourself.
Start doing what you want to do for your life & think of what you want to be ୧( ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ )୨❤
@VictoriaLove7
I love how you connected self love with self worth, and I feel, on many grounds, they are related and share a complementary relationship.❤
Thank youu for sharing such insightful responses. You do realise what you need to do, and I am super proud of you for taking the time to acknowledge, as well encouraging you to take the steps to show yourself some kindness and love too. You're doing vv awesome.❤
@Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Thank you for this article! 🤗💗
🌻What are your thoughts on self love ?
I think self love is the most important form of love. Just like the song lyric.. learning to love yourself is the greatest kind of love 🎵
🌻 What's something you can do in near future, say today or in a week , to show that you love yourself?
Buy the stuffs I want, stop worrying
🌻Being kind to our mind is significant , so the floor is open, feel free to type in and share some kind words for yourself.
A friend told me this.. you have done the best you could, whatever happens later it is his choice
@RachelListener
Aw I totally agree, it's the best kind of love that I feel also enhances and nurtures any other kinds of love!🥰
Thank youuu for sharing. Indeed, we can only do what is within our means, beyond that is out of our control and therefore not too benefitting to worry or fuss about. It's easier said than done though hehe, so really, small steps count. Keep walking your self-love path!❤