Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What I Wish People Knew About Bullying

User Profile: SoulfullyAButterfly
SoulfullyAButterfly November 20th, 2025

friends-health.gif

Bullying doesn’t just affect someone in the moment: it can shape how they feel about themselves long after the experience is over. Many people carry the impact quietly, sometimes for years, even as they continue showing up for life with strength.

Bullying doesn’t only happen in classrooms, hallways, or our workspaces - it happens online, in group chats, on social media, and in quiet moments when someone feels singled out or judged. The emotional impact can stay with a person long after the bullying stops.

Here is an old YouTube video titled “Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams advice if you're being bullied.”

In it, Maisie talks openly and compassionately about how bullying can affect confidence, identity, and self-worth and how important it is to reach out, speak up, and surround yourself with supportive people. She also mentions using 7 Cups as a space of support! A reminder that reaching out, talking to someone safe, and building connection can make a real difference.

You don’t have to face bullying alone. There are places and people who will listen, believe you, and support you.

Today’s thread is about reflecting on what we wish people understood about bullying. You are welcome to share any experiences including tips for others.

Questions:

1) What do you wish people understood about how bullying affects someone emotionally?

2) Maisie talked about reaching out for support when you’re being bullied. What part of that message resonates with you?

3) What’s something you wish someone had said or done to support you during a difficult time? 

4) If you could talk to your younger self during a hard moment, what kind and gentle words would you say?

5) What reminder or tip would you offer someone on 7 Cups who is dealing with bullying right now?

30
User Profile: Vijay1999
Vijay1999 November 21st, 2025

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I am

User Profile: GoldenRuleJG
GoldenRuleJG November 21st, 2025

@SoulfullyAButterfly You did a fab session soul - I was proud of your session! 🌻😊

1 reply
User Profile: SoulfullyAButterfly
SoulfullyAButterfly OP November 21st, 2025

@GoldenRuleJG I appreciate all your support!

load more
User Profile: Trying
Trying November 22nd, 2025

I was bullied in a posh boarding school becausei was different to most in the school. One time when I was older I bumped into one of the galahs that used to bully me. Even after 30 yrs this galah hadn't changed. He was sill trying to make me feel small. He asked me maybe we should catch up after all this time. I Looked at him, smiled at him shook his hands and said, "no", I'm very busy to catch up with you.

A bully is a coward. Always remember this. They do it because they need to feel bigger. It has nothing to do with your flaws and everything to do with theirs. Once I realised this, bullies never troubled me again, not because they stopped bully but because I finally understood their motives.

User Profile: Voidiov
Voidiov November 22nd, 2025

Yes all the Yes!!

User Profile: blueTurtle1815
blueTurtle1815 November 22nd, 2025

@SoulfullyAButterfly Imagine being bullied by something you couldn't see or fight. No recourse. No legal avenues or options. Just torment. Some people deal with cyberstalking and online targeted harassment over the course of years. And the end result can be catastrophic to the victim. 

User Profile: azureAcres1605
azureAcres1605 November 22nd, 2025

I wish people knew that their insensitive remarks can cause a lot of hurt and anxiety.

I wish people knew that we are all just people trying to survive and enjoy life in a sometimes cruel world.

I wish people knew that bullying can cause children to feel insecure even as adults and really effect their lives in a negative manner.

User Profile: Diamondhearts1
Diamondhearts1 November 25th, 2025

Everyone who’s reading this I hope you have a wonderful day today!

1 reply
User Profile: MistyMagic
MistyMagic November 25th, 2025

@Diamondhearts1 Thank you! You too!

load more
User Profile: Nailaaaa
Nailaaaa November 25th, 2025

@SoulfullyAButterfly Lovely post! It's great to see that one of the main cast in such a huge show used to find help on here!

User Profile: Olubism
Olubism November 25th, 2025

@SoulfullyAButterfly Yeah, that's absolutely right, someone bullying you doesn't mean you can be distract by what they say or do 

User Profile: LightWinter3974
LightWinter3974 November 27th, 2025

@SoulfullyAButterfly

What do you wish people understood about how bullying affects someone emotionally?

  I wish people understood that the end of the bullying incident is just the beginning of the pain for the victim. The echoes of it can linger for years, shaping self-worth and confidence long after


What part of Maisie's message about reaching out resonates with you?

    (I couldn't access the video, but) the idea of reaching out itself resonates. It’s a brave first step toward breaking the isolation that bullying creates.


What’s something you wish someone had said or done to support you during a difficult time?

  I wish someone had said: "I believe in you. Your suffering is valid. Your feelings have causes, they are not about right or wrong, and I will not judge you or give unsolicited advice. Your life makes sense to you, and I will be here as company. You don't have to go through this alone."


If you could talk to your younger self during a hard moment, what kind and gentle words would you say?

I'd say: "You don't have to be so brave all the time. It's okay to fall apart. This pain is a season, not the whole story of you. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other; that is more than enough."


What reminder or tip would you offer someone on 7 Cups who is dealing with bullying right now?

My tip would be: Protect your inner world. Their words are a reflection of them, not a definition of you. Find one small, beautiful thing to hold onto each day—a song, a memory, a hope—and let that be your anchor. Your spirit is tougher than their cruelty