Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Share your favorite quote from your favorite movie or book character!

User Profile: crang17
crang17 November 30th, 2021

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one can only remembers to turn the light on." - Dumbledore, Harry Potter

Dumbledore is one of the characters I love the most because of his wisdom but most especially because of his kindness and generosity. He even sacrificed himself for the benefit of the many. He knew his limitations as well as the mistakes that he did in the past which humbled him a lot as a being.

_1638268195.0_quotes.jpg

What about you? I want to hear yours!! 💕💕

🌿

@24x7Awesome @303315 @AddictedTealover98 @adocker @adrjust1 @adventurousfan @Ady23 @aifos1976 @AjanMalic @alexisj070 @alfalfasproutdeux @allyswift @alphav7 @Alwaysinpyjamas @amarifey @ambitiouschestnut9158 @ambitiouscity3124 @amiablePeace77 @amicableBlackberry1972 @AMusicalSilence @AnActiveListener @AnastasiaSmith @Andreawa @anonymouslistener23 @ArborealGiggle13 @arnoldziffler1 @artisaweapon @asilentobserver @Asimov @astray @Azalia1109 @babybenfin @badoinkitydoop @basty @behindhazeleyes @beloved316 @benevolentOrange31 @BetterTogether101 @BillyWilson @bk20102kb @blindfaith @BlueberryFriend @blueDiamond @BlueMossWeaver27 @blueocean @blueocean45 @blueTown7167 @bluewolf1229 @borderinline @bottomofthelist @bouncySeal96 @brainybrainy @brendenjensen @BridgetAileen @brightChestnut4066 @brilliantTurtle89 @brilliomturtle89 @Brooklynn @bubbleBalsam6602 @BuddhistDracula @busyemptymind @callforhelp @callmecaliflower @calmHero86 @caramelbunny @Catlover1993 @Char1otte @chayton @Chocolateandcakes @ChristmasGift @Claito @cloudySummer @colorfulStrawberry3048 @compassionatelistener108 @cookeybear @cosmicats @courageousCake401 @courtmarievibes @crang17 @creativeKite5633 @CrismsonLime6525 @CrissiArabela @CurrySoup12 @Cutelittlepie1 @Cyanapricot8399 @cyanWater7627 @Darius08 @decisiveOcean892 @deepblueCoconut000 @Deeperblue @diplomaticconfucious @diplomaticShade2167 @discreetOwl14 @discreetSquare2053 @DoctorWho11 @dtanushree @dynamicHemlock1736 @easyMango9861 @echovoice @elmira73 @emilyLanes @EmOnTheGo @empathicForest15 @EmunahHere @EnigmaForte @enigmaforte @epitium @equanimousCosmos @ErRoach @essdee @Evaparker02 @Everythingisbetterinyourpyjamas @evie @ExpectoPatronumm @exuberantOcean6739 @faiirygiirl @Fairhouse @fighter23 @FreeSoul1417 @friendlyEars8792 @frozenmermaid @gentlePeace76 @ghofrane @GhostInTheShellx @girlygamerkilz @Goldcherry2113 @goldentown96 @gongoozlersoup19 @gracefuldeadlyswan @groundedexplorer @GusteeMoon123 @happydandan @happylove2611 @Harleemoon @healinghearts0718 @healingWhisper @HeckhoundBreaker5 @helpfulBranch221 @helpfulHuman4993 @helpfullBranch221 @Hereyzzil @honestplane3797 @honeypie720 @hopefulArrow2212 @hopefulnatural @hopeless104 @houserabbitsrule @humorouscamp915 @Hyacinth22 @Icicle0212 @IcyLight @incredibleWatermelon1029 @indigoCup1959 @InfinityandBeyond23 @intellectualDrum3128 @interactivec @inventiveOrange1 @InvisibleAngel92 @Itsybitsyspider91 @Ivy229 @JasmineWhite @jayahere @JayTheBird14 @Jenna0903 @JenSee @Joe2017 @Jonsi @JoyIntoDarkness @joyoussun45 @joyoussun47 @Julian2703 @justconfuses87 @JustLikeMellie @JustMarije @JZack45 @K87 @KACOSMIC @Kanzi @KarrotCake @keion @kevan @kirtokun0731 @klemen @knowledge57 @Kodachrome73 @KokoroHereForYou @Kumiko @kvo8 @ladibugca @LandOfHopesx3 @Learntolive @leothelittlelioncub1 @letspreadhappiness @LetsSpreadHappiness @LG22 @lia345 @Lifeislove123 @lightforlife @lightofhope89 @LilaGrace @lilboom9 @LilyLila @lilynoelle @Lionellinu13 @longing4peace @Lovejoy @lovelyWords13 @LovetoGod @maibock @marsmoon @Mellietronx @melliontm @MISSMEGHAN @MistyMagic @mistypanorama @mitch11 @motivationalhomegirl @MountainClarity @Musicismyfriend @NancySV1 @nans17 @natg @navyFarm1407 @Neonpaint21 @Nerdtastic @NevaehRose @niceDaisy36 @niceLion789 @niceTangerine6642 @NoDramaBabyLlama @NoneTheWiser @NotQuiteBlue @nourrirvotreame @obie2 @Ohemdieldi @Olivia210 @onerandomguy @Onlyonefollower @onwardforevenmore @optimisticRaspberries5247 @oxfordshiregatsby @P4ND0R4 @parisayano @passionateCircle3866 @peacefulLily4008 @peacefulwarrior10 @peachStrawberries1909 @penguinpower31 @peppermintlove @peterman @philispohicalShip9444 @PiecesofYou @Pininin @PinkDaisy83 @PinkMallow @pinkpurpleblue15 @Pinnae @piscesmoon @pizzalover1341 @pluckyAcai7322 @politeAvocado7234 @politecare2971 @politelychaotic @politeskies6536 @polks @princessd @princessofcurcus @probius @psalm139 @psychespirit @PurpleNina @PurpleSnowflake2310 @rachelq @Raindrops00 @raininglillies13 @raspberry985 @Raspberrybeach @rationaltiger8083 @Ravenclaw7 @Rcusick12 @redLunch4107 @Rehan00 @reliableWater8763 @Reokiome0928 @resourcefulbear6750 @rezasophiea @Romulus1776 @RoninSelecta @Rosa9570 @rosesway @royalmilkbee @rumplesteeleskin @RynnTheBedouin @Sageypie @Saif1for1Resilience @sail46 @SaimaK @Santysan @SarilinaN @SavoyTruffle20 @scarletMaple3081 @scarletPear1945 @ScarletPear1945 @ScotchTape @seacastle @sealie @SecretlyMe @Seeker1898 @sendingyoulove @SensitiveApple @sensitiveShade5337 @SentientCozyTeacup @SharpiePen @ShiningSalamander99 @Shriya546 @Shweta555 @shy @silverIceCream21 @silverWillow1625 @singblue @Sk1ttles @SkolSuper1976 @sleeplessinmanhattan @Softforesthsp77 @softPoetry23 @soulrestorer102 @soulsings @SparklingSnowflake15 @Spearstar @Stardew3 @starhawkemystery @stayingsanne @stillLavender24 @stillplanet @sujaypai @summertimesamness @SunFern @SunFlower @supportingearthangel @sweetlife101 @sweetmango91 @sweetMelody95 @sweetrosa1987 @Teresa416 @TheMandalorian @thepeacefulguy @ThePersonYouCanNeverKnow @TheRoseHeartz @TheSciKid @thoughtfulmomma @Tiggergirl @TimidMike @tisjme @TrinnitysLight81 @tygo @Umbrella89 @unkindloving @Vargasb @VickyP @victoriia @Violiness @warmheartedFarm7120 @Wawas @westvirginia @wildcat85 @Worrior22Warrior @xandia @XxOgSpunBbygrl @Youarelovelyy @yzzil @zeraphim

36
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 30th, 2021

Omgggg Sameeeee😮❤ @crang17

When I just read the title of the thread, Dumbledore and this exact quote of his popped in my mind tooo ! I sooo agree with what you said , spot on ,Crang!

1 reply
User Profile: crang17
crang17 OP December 1st, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Hello!! Sun!! Thank you so much! Cheers!! <3

load more
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 November 30th, 2021

@crang17

Thank you for this post and sharing this insightful quote. I read Tina Turner's biography whom I admire very much some time ago. One of my favorite quotes of her is “You asked me if I ever stood up for anything. Yeah, I stood up for my life.” What better can we do?

2 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings November 30th, 2021

@amiablePeace77 great quote ami!

User Profile: crang17
crang17 OP December 1st, 2021

@amiablePeace77

This is my first time to hear this and I like this quote a lot. I think Tina Turner is right, we should all stand up for our lives. <3

load more
User Profile: yzzil
yzzil November 30th, 2021

One of my favorite movies is Silver Streak with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor. Throughout the movie they use this phrase and it makes me laugh each time.


“SON OF A BIT@H”


there are a lot of days when this phrase gets me out of a funk. 😊❤️

1 reply
User Profile: crang17
crang17 OP December 1st, 2021

@yzzil LOL

load more
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings November 30th, 2021

I like musicals so I love the Sound of Music

"The hills are alive with the sound of music!" and we can hear it when we stop and listen.

1 reply
User Profile: crang17
crang17 OP December 1st, 2021

@soulsings you are making me sing in my head now. XD Great quote, soul!

1 reply
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings December 2nd, 2021

@crang17 I love that singing in my head when it is a beautiful song!

load more
load more
User Profile: cafedaydreams
cafedaydreams November 30th, 2021

Going along with the Dumbledore quotes, I resonate a lot with: "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." As someone who has maladaptive daydreaming that can often interfere with my goals, I am constantly going back to this quote. ^^

Although this isn't from a movie or book, I wanted to still leave this quote here:

"Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a lot to love a leaf. It's ordinary to love the beautiful, but it's beautiful to love the ordinary." <3

2 replies
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 1st, 2021


Aw what a beautiful one, thankyou for sharing ❤ @cafedaydreams

User Profile: crang17
crang17 OP December 1st, 2021

@cafedaydreams Naaaw that is very deep and beautiful! <3

load more
December 1st, 2021

@crang17

"It's your life. Move forward" - DonaldDraper, Mad Men

1 reply
User Profile: crang17
crang17 OP December 1st, 2021

@DonaldDraper awesome quote, Donald!

load more
User Profile: savetheocean9907
savetheocean9907 December 1st, 2021

“The past is history, the future is mystery, and today is a gift. That’s why it’s called present.”


1 reply
User Profile: crang17
crang17 OP December 8th, 2021
@savetheocean9907 thank you for sharing! This is a good reminder of why we should be more present than worrying about something that is not even happening.
load more
User Profile: Robynni
Robynni December 1st, 2021

Love this idea, @Crang17


Mine might be... "I Realized That I'm Searching. Searching For What I Really Want In Life, And You Know What? I Have Absolutely No Idea What That Is."

- Barney Stinson (How I Mey your Mother)

And I feel the same way. But you know what? I don't need to know where I'm going, as long as I enjoy the ride. ❤️

1 reply
User Profile: crang17
crang17 OP December 8th, 2021

@Robynni love that! Yes, sometimes we do not need to know where we are going as long as we enjoy the journey! <3

Cheers!!

load more
User Profile: helpfulCoconut9426
helpfulCoconut9426 December 2nd, 2021

for me, from movie Meet the Robinsons

They keep repeating the quote, Keep moving foward. It was originally said by Walt Disney himself.

1 reply
User Profile: crang17
crang17 OP December 8th, 2021

@helpfulCoconut9426 " Keep moving foward. " LOVE IT!! <3 I need this today!! Thank you!

load more
User Profile: brilliantTurtle89
brilliantTurtle89 December 3rd, 2021

_1638518344.image.png

1 reply
User Profile: crang17
crang17 OP December 8th, 2021

@brilliantTurtle89 this is sooo true! Thank you for sharing, Brilliant! I love this quote!

load more