Answers Now Posted: Birthday AMA with Glen & the Community Team.

7 Cups is turning 13 on July 7, and we’re celebrating #13YearsofCare with a special birthday AMA featuring Glen, our founder, and members of the Community Team.
This is a chance to ask questions, reflect on the journey of 7 Cups, and hear more about the heart, history, and future of our community.
Live Event: Wednesday, July 1 at 12 PM EST
Who can attend live: Adult users only, teens can use this forum though!
Questions: Please submit your questions in advance by replying to this forum post
We’ll gather questions from this thread before the live event. Some questions will be answered during the live session, and responses will also be shared here on the forums so community members can still take part even if they are not able to attend live.
Please keep questions kind, respectful, and community-centered.
Drop your question below and help us celebrate 7 Cups’ 13th birthday together.
Update July 1, 2026:
We had a great session and Glen, @Heather225 and I enjoyed answering your questions. Here is a compilation of what Glen had to say for all the submitted questions:
@jesusredeemedme2425: Was there anything specific that made you start 7Cups? Not just a desire to help people, but a specific event in your life, etc?
Glen: I had a pretty difficult childhood and early adolescence. I know what it feels like to be in a lot of pain. Over the years, I had a number of mentors look out for me. I didn’t want people to feel that pain alone. Listening to someone is the easiest way to help them feel heard and not alone. It is how we give love, hope, and compassion to others. It is a simple, but very powerful intervention.
And all of you have received that or given it here, so you know exactly what I’m talking about. Thank you! 🙏
Was there anything specific that made you start 7Cups? Not just a desire to help people, but a specific event in your life, etc?
@ShadowFaerie @unassumingEyes @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sadcat13 @Amanda84 @goldenduckling @mytwistedsoul @Tinywhisper11 @LovemyMoonflowers @GreenLime3141 @7Bear7 @Phoenixthepoised @Torean @GentleHealingInitiative @cyanessence @YourCaringConfidant @CaringEzra @NobleSeeker @fossilfellow @BastionKnight @trueconfidant123 @safeplace288 @lovingCat6978 @reservedOwl321 @dapperNest2125 @Creamyyy @naturesbeauty1234 @bubbleSummer9800 @warmheartedHuman836 @Mansbestfriend @Paliloveyourself @Magicpawsoffuture @SelfCareMatters @sabeyesofblue3535 @AiluraTheCat @charmingApple8098 @luvArisu @BlueDarkAurora @curiousbookishness @sympatheticPlace3743 @musawva @KindleMissie @WellsFiction @Angelanj @SlappyMcGee @SunshineJazz @LexListens2025 @Heather225 @agreeableSkies9889 @HopeAura @rainbowBridge46 @sereneMango2512
@jesusredeemedme2425 thank you for tagging me ❤️
@jesusredeemedme2425 ❤️❤️❤️
@SoulfullyAButterfly
What are you doing today to self care💖?
@SoulfullyAButterfly
Happy 13th birthday to 7 cups 🎈🎂
What are the major challenges that 7 cups team thinks we struggle with and what will we be doing in the upcoming year for them?
Where do you see 7cups in 10 more years?
I'll be on this too! Please keep the questions coming so we can prepare our answers thoughtfully! <3
I’m curious when the Crisis Resources will be updated with one line to include more robust international listings through https://findahelpline.com/
???????
Love and Courage,
Your friendly neighborhood “broken record,"
Calm Rosebud
@CalmRosebud
Hi, there! I can see that findahelpline.com was added to crisis resources as local resources. It’s actually international in scope, just a little point of clarification. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad it’s finally added as a resource. Thank you.
I would title it, however: International crisis and helplines.
There is another helpline that has local resources that is based in USA. It’s called findhelp.org
That’s a line that would be more appropriately called local resources since it focuses more on housing, food insecurity, etc. but I only mention it if a person mentions they are based in USA.
@CalmRosebud Thank you for this feedback. Find local resources meant local to the person using the site which seemed fitting as well.
It’s for sure good the site is listed at least!
@SoulfullyAButterfly
thanks Ayesha for all great posts you doing here ☺️ 🌷.
@GlenM
Happy 13th Birthday, 7 Cups 🎂This community has truly been a sanctuary for the soul and a vital part of so many lives. For Glen and the Team🌷🌷🌷:
What is one core value or lesson from the past 13 years that you believe will continue to guide the future of this beautiful community?
@TulipSmile
@SoulfullyAButterfly
What is something you learned out of thois continuing journey here on 7 cups? What did 7 cups gave to you?
@cheerfulKiwi1776
Also another thing. Why are therapists only for adults and to be paid? Do you think that 7 cups will ever have any paid version(I hope not)??