Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Say what you'd most like to hear...

User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe February 4th, 2017

Sometimes we just need to hear a certain phrase for us to feel comforted and happy.

Say something to yourself that you'd most like to hear right now. heart

#letsgosomewhere Badlands National Park, South Dakota, USA:

2072
User Profile: Andtheapples1ofthosenext
Andtheapples1ofthosenext March 28th, 2020

I love you even though you have empathy issues and do not treat people as you would not like your boyfriend/close friend to be treated. I want to be a part of your life. I wish to marry you. I wish to be there for you. I wish to make you happy.

1 reply
User Profile: LightDragon
LightDragon March 30th, 2020

@Andtheapples1ofthosenext

I care about you, empathy issues and all. It's okay that you don't treat people as you wouldn't like your boyfriend/close friend to be treated, although it is better if you (externally at least) treat everyone with respect and kindness. I want to be in your life. I'm here for you if you need me and I want you to be happy. Your boyfriend loves and appreciates you and wants to see you happy, and I hope he asks to marry you!

load more
User Profile: sensibleStrawberries9877
sensibleStrawberries9877 March 28th, 2020

"You are true grit and strength, beautiful inside and out. You can still do it but I want you to make sure it is only that which you seek. Nothing else matters now. Only that - whatever that is. You underestimate yourself and truly don't know your own strength and intelligence, internalizing other people's negativity for years. Look at yourself and realise you are the moon amongst the stars."

1 reply
User Profile: LightDragon
LightDragon March 30th, 2020

@sensibleStrawberries9877

You are true grit, strength, and perseverance, beautiful inside and out and from every angle. You can still do it- I believe in you, but make sure that you only do what you seek and want to do. Nothing else matters now, asides from whatever it is you seek or dream about. You may underestimate yourself and your abilities, not seeing the full extent of your strength and intelligence having internalized people's negativity for many years. You are not what the internalized negative voices you hear. You are brave, strong, smart, valid, capable and deserving of happiness. Look at yourself and see you are the moon among the stars- bright, powerful, and loved, surrounded by others who help you glow. You are amazing!

load more
User Profile: mikenaiwc
mikenaiwc March 29th, 2020

mike, can you just stop.

stop this everything.

don't worry about right or wrong.

you already know there is no such right or wrong.

everything (almost) is an experience.

it aint easy, you know it. it is difficult to embrace it. (who doesn't)

you have to let go. it is ok to stop pursuing. it is ok to stop.

stop this fight.

2 replies
User Profile: LightDragon
LightDragon March 30th, 2020

@mikenai22

Mike, you can stop this everything- negativity about yourself and hopelessness, as long as you still keep your life. Don't worry too much about right or wrong. You already know there is no true right or wrong, since they rely strongly on subjectivity and opinions, so we all have our own definition. Everything is an experience. It's not easy to stay strong and persevere through it all, and you know it. It's difficult to embrace that. You have to let go of your regrets and negativity, whatever or whoever is hurting you or has hurt you. It is okay to stop for a little bit, but always reach for your dreams. Stop this fight, unless it is the fight for your life, which you should continue and reach out for help if you need it.

1 reply
User Profile: mikenaiwc
mikenaiwc March 30th, 2020

@LightDragon

Mike, you can stop this everything- negativity about yourself and hopelessness, as long as you still keep your life. Don't worry too much about right or wrong. You already know there is no true right or wrong, since they rely strongly on subjectivity and opinions, so we all have our own definition. Everything is an experience. It's not easy to stay strong and persevere through it all, and you know it. It's difficult to embrace that. You have to let go of your regrets and negativity, whatever or whoever is hurting you or has hurt you. It is okay to stop for a little bit, but always reach for your dreams. Stop this fight, unless it is the fight for your life, which you should continue and reach out for help if you need it.

Hi Dragon, thank you so much for your kind comfort words.

You've read and know that I know - as in I am aware. But it just hurts to the extent that it really hurts. Mentally. and somehow it also affects overall physically.

I don't really have "dreams", "goals" or "directions" or sorts.

Well in a sense yes, you can say as if i am fighting for my "life", life as in a life. Meaning, Purpose, Directional, or Something. Been trying to reach out, however the issue is not with others, but just myself.

The "ego", that stubbornness, the perfectionist that cant let go of, that does not want to change, the fear...

load more
load more
User Profile: SamuelVolpi
SamuelVolpi March 30th, 2020

Words are empty sentiments. Words do nothing if they are no backed with actions. Nothing anyone says can change anything, because only actions matter. If you want to make someone happy or change something, do something, dont say anything

Those things you want to hear, will mean nothing if there is no true feelings behind them. I can tell every single person here what they want to hear, but that wont change their situation. At most, it will give them a short lived happiness, and that is worst

1 reply
User Profile: Saphirefly
Saphirefly March 30th, 2020

@SamuelVolpi You are right. Words can be just empty sentiments. Sometimes the things you would like to hear will never get said. The good thing about this post is it helps to understand exactly what some of us need or would like. And by knowing that, it is a step forward in healing or moving past something.

I agree with you that something must be done if you want change or to make someone happy. That is so true. Unfortunately, the people who we think should be the ones to say or do something, most of the time, never will. I have found that it is important to say exactly what you want or what is bothering you to that person. Therefore, you are the bigger person and it is their turn to try to mend the relationship; you have done your part. I hope everything works out for you.

User Profile: Saphirefly
Saphirefly March 30th, 2020

@SamuelVolpi You are right. Words can be just empty sentiments. Sometimes the things you would like to hear will never get said. The good thing about this post is it helps to understand exactly what some of us need or would like. And by knowing that, it is a step forward in healing or moving past something.

I agree with you that something must be done if you want change or to make someone happy. That is so true. Unfortunately, the people who we think should be the ones to say or do something, most of the time, never will. I have found that it is important to say exactly what you want or what is bothering you to that person. Therefore, you are the bigger person and it is their turn to try to mend the relationship; you have done your part. I hope everything works out for you.

1 reply
User Profile: SamuelVolpi
SamuelVolpi March 30th, 2020

Talking about your problems does not make them go away

If you feel like my words have no place here, you should have ignore them

I wish i could delete my post

I wish that it was as easy for me to just post something like everyone else, some meaningless but nice sounding words, but i cant. Im stuck in this dark place, and there is not point in me getting out of it, and the last thing i want is to drag someone with me

load more
User Profile: LightDragon
LightDragon April 21st, 2020

@SamuelVolpi

(This is only my personal opinion; I recognize that you don't agree with me and that's okay, your opinion is still valid and deserves to be seen.)

Personally, I don't believe that words are empty sentiments. Words can lead to new ideas and can help lift people up, or bring them down, which is why we should try to come up with thoughtful replies. I try to put a bit of myself into each reply and personalize it based off what I know about that person and how I would react if a friend said that. If something I can say can make someone happy, even if it's only for a few minutes, then those are words well said or typed to me. We can't always do anything, especially now when a number of us are stuck in our own homes, isolated from everyone else and the world. Sometimes, words can be enough motivation for someone to change.
However, I do agree that words alone aren't enough and need to be followed through with action(if possible)to build new habits, new routines, or new behaviors. You can't simply tell someone to stop something, say drinking, and expect them to instantly stop and never do it again- it takes time and action to help them learn new behaviors.
In the end, though, it's up to the person on how they chose to reach and if they want to change their motivation or not. I believe that words and actions work together to help someone change or feel happier and that one without the other wouldn't provide the same response. Once again, this is just my opinion.

Looking at your later post to this, I agree, only talking about a problem doesn't make it go away. It can make it feel more manageable so whomever has that problem feels more capable of taking it on. Your words do have a place here and I like the point they make. It's not easy to post what you want to hear when you feel that the responses or the words won't do anything. There is a point in getting out of the dark place you're in- greater freedom, happiness, self-acceptance, etc. There are people out there who want to help you out of this darkness and see you through it- your family and friends, as well as us here because everyone deserves to feel happy. I know that these words might feel emotionless or meaningless when you read them(if you even read all of this), but I've spent a while trying to come up with a fitting reply might be able to provide some hope to you, even if it's short-term(and the worst kind by your definition). If my post only made things worse, then I'm sorry and wish I could delete it all to not drag you down further because you don't deserve to stay in this darkness for the rest of your life. There are better days ahead and they will come to you.

load more
User Profile: ouwillbefound
ouwillbefound March 30th, 2020

Hang on. I am always here for you. You can tell me whatever you want. I love you so much. I am not judging you for anything you do or have done. You're not too much or too little of anything. You are beautiful, and I admire you. You are perfect. You mean everything to me.

And also: Yer' a witch

1 reply
User Profile: LightDragon
LightDragon April 15th, 2020

@ouwillbefound

Hold on. I am always here for you and will always be here for you. You can tell me whatever you want. I care about you so much and I know that you are loved by your family, friends, and people here. I am not judging you for anything you do or have done. You're not too much or too little of anything. You are beautiful, and I admire you for what you do. You are perfect. You are caring and kind. You mean the world to the ones you hold in your heart.
Yer' a witch, ouwillbefound.

load more
User Profile: tealBear2472
tealBear2472 March 30th, 2020

pause. slow down your internet addiction. just breathe. Answer and poke around. Do you like monotonous non-interaction. Go out there, mark something. Post. Meaningfully. Not for fake connection.

1 reply
User Profile: LightDragon
LightDragon April 15th, 2020

@tealBear2472

Pause and take a deep breath. Slow your internet addiction. Answer and poke around. Do you like monotonous non-interaction? Go out into the great beautiful world and make something amazing. Post meaningfully and forge strong, true connections.

load more

be good, including to yourself.

1 reply
User Profile: dhabib
dhabib April 1st, 2020

I am always loving mysekf is important to its through the difficult tough times @ifyouknowtocountcountwithme

User Profile: dhabib
dhabib April 1st, 2020

@ifyouknowtocountcountwithme being kind to yourself is important

User Profile: LightDragon
LightDragon April 15th, 2020

@ifyouknowtocountcountwithme

Be good to yourself. Take the time to treat yourself to something you enjoy, whether it be a food, something new, or time to do what you want. Self-care is important.

load more
User Profile: Lynne1974
Lynne1974 April 1st, 2020

It's all going to be okay.

That's what I want to hear.

1 reply
User Profile: LightDragon
LightDragon April 15th, 2020

@Lynne1974

It's all going to be okay. Wait, scratch that. It's going to be more than okay- it will be everything you every dreamed and hoped it all would be. Keep fighting.

load more
User Profile: dhabib
dhabib April 1st, 2020

Others being respectful of each other and when the covd19 virus will end and what I would say to hear is better news others are getting better we can pass this quickly

1 reply
User Profile: LightDragon
LightDragon April 15th, 2020

@dhabib

A number of countries have seen a drop off in the number of cases. Things are getting better and CoVid-19 will be over soon. The peak of this virus is expected to be over by the end of the month(in the countries that are getting worse) and cases per day will drop off after that peak. Things are getting better. People are coming together now more than ever and we are forging stronger connections within our communities, learning how we can help each other and supporting those struggling. I would like to believe that we treat everyone with respect here, but I know (sadly)that's not always the case. You are an awesome person and I respect you for being you.

load more
User Profile: OldSerendipityBoat
OldSerendipityBoat April 1st, 2020

Everything will be alright...

1 reply
User Profile: LightDragon
LightDragon April 15th, 2020

Everything will be more than alright, it will be incredibly good.

load more