Do I deserve to be bullied?

Jennifer Fritz, LMSW, PhD

Day to day life can be stressful and overwhelming and my strength is assisting my clients in a supportive, empowering and practical manner.

BeIiever
No. No one deserves to be bullied. Even bullies don't deserve to be bullied. The only way all of Earth's humans can begin to find less hatred is if they show others more love. Letting go of anger and turning it into compassion can be a very powerful thing.
KiraL
NO ONE and I mean NO. ONE. Deserves to be bullied. Bullying is someone projecting their own insecurities on someone. It has nothing to do with you I promise. Just ignoring it and realizing that they are the ones hurting is best. Continue to be the strong and smart person you are and realize there's a lot of hurt in the world, but being that positive light in the world means everything and can help others too!
LittlePug
Nobody deserves to be bullied. Bullying is something very horrible. Please don't think that you're deserving it. :(
Anonymous
No one does! No matter what they've done in their past. It's important to know that you don't deserve anyone's disrespect, even from yourself. There's just no reason!
MeghanSmiley
No, you certainly don't! Bullying is the worst form of criticism - the unproductive and malicious kind! Instead of telling someone what they could do better, they're told what's wrong with them, with an emphasis that that's just /who they are/ and that it can't be changed. Bullying is never acceptable, and no one deserves to be bullied.
neensmac
no-one deserves to be bullied! If you are being bullied, contact an adult for help. Remember, you are someone deserving of respect and love.
Anonymous
Simply put: No. Nobody deserves to be abused by other people just for being themselves.
Anonymous
When you are bullied, it is easy to give your power away and feel helpless. Hold your head up and stand tall. Remember that you have the right to be respected for who you are. Targets of repeated bullying sometimes believe that the putdowns and insults they receive are actually true. Don’t! It may be hard to change the way that otherstreat you, but you do have control of what you think about yourself.
Anonymous
No, no one deserves to be bullied, i hope you realize that you deserve better! There is not one person in this world who deserves pain, or misery, think of the positive things, and #speakup NO ONE DESERVES TO BE BULLIED OR DISGRACED..!
Anonymous
No, anyone deserve it, you are a good person who is going through for bad things, Everything is gonna be fine, be strong.
SabrinaD2017
Absolutely not. No matter the cause or reason, no deserves to be bullied.
NikaRocks
No way! Bullying is always harmful. No one deserves to be bullied. I hate myself. But still, I realize even I don't deserve such an awful thing.
Anonymous
No!! No one deserves to be bullied at all. That isn't right at all. Everyone should get treated nicely.
chloeCat14
No-one deserves to be bullied! Bullying is a form harassment and should not be tolerated by anyone. It is often said that people become bullies due to feelings of low self-esteem or feelings of isolation. They are the person with the problem, and bullying is their way of projecting their negative self views upon other people. It is a way of releasing negative energy. Remember that you, the bully victim(s), are bigger, better people and should not allow this behaviour to have a lasting impact on you. Rise above them for you deserve so much better and are worth a lot more than some damaged soul.
sincerePark336
March 3rd, 2018 10:14am
No you don't. End of the discussion. Don't you dare trying to make yourself responsible for what other people did or do to you!
Anonymous
You don't deserve to be bullied because you always are unique in your own way by being friendly, supportive to others and making others day go smoothly.
PurpleLilyX
Nobody deserves to be bullied, No matter what your age is Bullying is not ok! Everyone is entitled to live their life as they choose too without judgement from others.
fancySound39
No one deserves to be bullied. Everyone is equal within society. And no body should want to put somebody down to “make themselves feel better”
Anonymous
September 2nd, 2019 12:55am
No-one deserves to be bullied. You deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. Everyone does. If you are being bullied, you do not deserve it and seeking help is the first step to overcome this. Talk to someone you trust - if you feel you cannot tell your parents or other adults, talk to a trusted friend, sibling, or anyone else you know will help you. I promise you that bullying is not your fault and that you will never deserve to be treated badly. Even if you think badly about yourself or you believe the bully is justified in how they treat you, I can guarantee you that you are never at fault for being bullied.