Why am I doing this to myself?

Lindsay Scheinerman, MA, LPC

My work with clients is to help them recognize and build on their strengths to find solutions for the conflicts presented in their lives.

Anonymous
Because you think you deserve it. Because you think you don't deserve the good things. Because you love "too much." Because you have a tendency to ruin yourself. Because you have problems. Because you have so much emotional baggage. Because you feel alone. Because you feel unworthy. Because you feel lost. Whatever it is you're doing to yourself, you need to know that it can change. It won't become a cycle (anymore) if you don't allow it to be. You are worth so much more.
Anonymous
your doing this to your self because thats your way of coping with whatever is going on in your life.
Anonymous
We often talk to and treat ourselves in a way that we would never treat another person. For example, you would never tell another person they are useless, yet you may find that you tell yourself that exact thing. Try to treat yourself the way you would treat another person, you are one after all.
Alena9896
You feel unworthy, like you deserve it. You want to expose how you feel somehow, and might not know how.
Anonymous
I think it's because it is a reliever of some kind. Something that feels good after the deed, what ever it may be, is done.