Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What’s the most magical place you’ve ever visited? Can you describe it in a few words?

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 August 3rd, 2025


50+ Check-In August 4 to 6, 2025

image_1754263526.png


What’s the most magical place you’ve ever visited? Can you describe it in a few words?



Image by K. Georgiou on Unsplash

Taglist  7/25/25

to add or remove your name from the taglist please click here

@00WHY00 @1Marg1 @24963534 @24Help1 @4Rainbow42 @5catsandme @7EggsADay @8Khaleesi8 @allen99 @ArinDee @Actuallynobody017 @adaptableOcean4193 @adventurousBranch3786 @adventurousSugar1991 @affableowl5126 @affectionateCat9553 @affectionatePear7889 @agreeablestrawberries1285 @ahaller @ahds2k @ahel58 @akbj @AKmarshmallow @Aksabode @alan254 @alanapiana1970 @alleywood13 @amanda @ambitiousNectarine1482 @Amelia763 @Amelia2324 @amiablePeace77 @amiableTortoise2797 @AmiYumi @amusingcranberry1537 @AmusingJet302 @anderly @andy @Angelface50 @AnnieIsMe @aquaCake3636 @ARIBA5 @Artemis13579 @AshcloudMac @Aspace4u @Audy916 @Awesomesummer1628 @ayeyaeyaaaaaaaa @azureblueheron @azuladragon34 @Baby1120 @ballooningSloth @BaltimoreSpring @bamafan96 @Barltik2065 @Beanno @beautifulsoul @becausepuppies @Beck @becknit @beachyone @believing777 @berta0322 @Bestmaple2045 @bestplum1189 @betheileen @better2Bbrave @beverlianne @bigalt21 @Billyjoe9717 @bimmernizer @BirdsWhoWrite @bisketties @bklnstar @BlackApple6420 @BLSD2021 @bluebell34 @BlueEyes1819 @blueOrange6725 @BlueSky0708 @Blueskye24 @Bluesky1964 @bluevelvet3 @Blugreg @Bodhichicka  @bogartfan @bouncyBeach42 @BookishWendy @bouncyVoice4149 @breezyoctopus @brightChestnut3152 @brightShip8753 @BrightSugar1923 @brightZebra 8925 @bubblePomegranate7179 @BurdensDown @cafelatte46 @cal1860 @CaliforniaViv @calmblueocean @calmVase7032 @Cammiecat @CandyBubblegumSprinkles @carefreeheart57 @CarefulGrapes590 @carefulsailboat231 @carelady @caringone1004 @CaringPanda45 @caringPumpkin64 @CaringSharon @CaringSoftly @CaringSub @carscarey @casey90 @cathy @catlady @Cathylistens @catmandu @caughtinthemiddle @Cazzy8752 @Cheerie @chickadee123 @Chro411924 @CHT @CintaBali @classylady521 @Cliffg747 @Clio9876 @coach411 @Communicativepenny8383 @compassionteHuman5626 @CompassionateLand2815 @Confused7461 @conscientiousCoconut8216 @convivialCake8989 @ConvivialFriend9402 @Cookiecrumbles7079 @coolvibes @CoriF @courageousCoconut7282 @CourageousDaisy1111 @courageousLemon182 @CourageousSpring2022  @courteousLime9432 @Creamyyy  @CreativeYard1702 @crimsonShade6782 @CtownMimi @ctw1237 @Cubby2020 @curiousbutterfly77 @currentwise @cyanBirch4288 @CyclingThroughLife @Damaris62 @DanaMH @DancingJoy811 @dapperPond2037 @Dave94305 @debbiehun @decisivetangerine2856 @decisiveBanana1981 @DDPaintsStuff @DeeGold @DELTA0112 @Den2542 @determinedNectarine9383 @dillon8524 @DinaElwy @diofono @diplomaticoak9588 @discreetMelon5938 @discreettriangle87 @DiscretOcean7936 @doginashirt @dolphinlver @Doodles7 @duces @ecstaticlght @einarsgirl @elderfarm @Electric100 @ElizabethGiovi @EmbStitcher33 @empathicForest15 @Emptynest2020 @emotional232023 @enigmaticOcean8813 @endearingLion70 @Enthusiasticnest1089 @equinox56 @eternalHero77 @Eva66 @Every1ahome @ExDesertScapegoat @exuberantAvocado5095 @fairmindedStrawberries7429 @Faithfulapple2400 @faithlove1111 @Favor2020 @favour @fearlessSouth4632 @FlowerLily23 @FoolsSelf @forcefulFriend4768 @forcefulStrings1005 @forcefulWriter32 @forko23 @Freeskier @FriendlyAnju777 @friendly10 @friendlyCat50 @fromthetent81 @frothyMagic6772 @FusionX33 @GabbyGee @Gabriellegahnsuksah @Gale1032 @galfromaway @gardenyarn @generousBalloon786 @gentleEast4230 @gentleLand5245 @GiftedEmpath3 @goldilocks1041 @goodmelon8247 @goodYard1477 @goodStrawberries7059 @GothamRam @gracefulDay3692 @GrammatoBoys @Grandma1 @GrandmaLolly @Gramma2FnM @Grammy23 @Grammy23 @Gr8ful1974 @Greenpear036 @greenSummer1236 @gregariousKiwi9594 @gregariousZebra21 @guitarman087 @Gwen1963 @GypsyRed @HaloCompany88 @hoppa12 @HealingGriz @Heather2020 @helloBike4402 @hellopusher @helloTalker8798 @honestPeach5447 @Hotaru419 @hounddog2021 @HY00 @iamroni @icanremember @icedcoffee211109 @IHDW1982 @ihtak @impartialDrum1848 @impartialRaspberries1389 @indigolilly1500 @indigoFriend7851 @indigoMoon1246 @innerLove @intelligentSail5966 @introvertedextrovert2122 @intuitiveBunny8426 @intuitiveFriend1097 @Ivy229 @Irene2552 @IWuzADuck @JackKost @jackrock @japanesegardengirl @jazzgtr @Jim @Jinx012014 @jlmouranet @jillwings7@JolivetteListens @JoniGirl @Judecat42W1370 @junem @justbecause @Justbreathingx9 @JustExisting1027 @JustMe1225 @justpassingthrough10 @K8tjee @kala @Katbtrying552 @Kathy1212 @kathy3667 @Kavajava @kcollier6517 @Kevin0291 @kickiree @kickan75 @Kimberley555 @KindblueEyes @kindCloud141 @Kira09 @kit4228 @kitty2018 @kittycat15 @klemen @koyaanisqatse8 @Kurt789 @LadySnowcat @LakeGirl819 @Lara @lateasusual @Lauren63 @LavenderDaily @lesjon @lelahni @Lifer @lightBalsam5585 @LightSoul108 @lilaj3796 @LimegreenNorth1124 @LindaWinNJ @lisamac724 @ListeningKaty @livefreely04 @LivingLovingLifeRecovery @livingwithbpdx2 @lledmonds1969 @Lolowise475 @lonea @Lonelybeth @LoneShade @lookingforpeace @lookoutOwl8 @LostanLonely @Lostinlove50 @love @Love2Boat65 @LovecraftianHorror @lovingTangerine2547 @LoveResearcher @lrsmith9636 @LucianX @luv2shop @mabelanne20 @madhu @Maebyb@Maka10 @mamamel @mamapants @MariaLands @Marspock @meforexample @Melayla @Melissa22320 @Mellieme l1971 @mellisendis @metta2u @mettagirl @MidwesternCalmSeeker @Mindy @ministermichelle @Mishka1599 @MissPen@MistyMagic @Mla69 @mm2022 @modestOcean7984 @modestwatermelon2938 @moi2016 @mommabear0562 @MondoRalph @Mooboxer @mooboxer @moocher @morecake @Motherofcats1955 @MrKindness @MsVee2021 @MusicCandy @Musicman50 @musicwithbrass @mutter3 @myer @MysticSoul88 @Nanci @navyAcai7149 @neatandtidy72 @neverendingtime23 @NightListener3262 @nippycat @NotAllHere713 @No1Angel68 @nobodyimportantmn @Nogift @NormaAnne @Oddball76779 @oel @OffMyTrack @OliveCamp8456 @omez125 @OmWeAreOne @Open12 @OptimisticAcres4817 @optimisticRaspberries5247 @outofspace7 @PatienceImpatiens @PaytonGlover @Peace1221 @peaceandlove65 @peachy53 @PepperBunny  @pgreen6840 @phantomsmilesphilosophicalacai7803 @PitbullMom9 @philosophicalAcres8914 @philosophicalKiwi4956 @pianocat @PigfaceMcGee513 @placidplum3193 @pluckystrings4696 @plumPapaya7147 @plumSkies6526 @politePear3867 @positiveriver9935 @potatoxcrispztrish @powerfulOak2587 @powerfulMaple1852 @practicalbalsam @PracticalCat2637 @proactiveCup703 @Proudme @Puddinpen @PurpledPeach @purpleNorth4637 @purplefan5510 @purplepansies8591 @purpletangerine87 @purpletree4652 @PurpleWater74 @pxidis @Qooo @quietbeach575 @purpleCircle8013 @quietFlower25  @quietSail6485 @quietStrawberries9260 @Ran3707 @RainbowRosie @rationalWater7635 @RavingTiger @readytolisten7799 @RebelliousMirror @redOrange9587@redCococnut7440 @redPenny @Redpeppers @Redrhapsody @reliableHickory3670 @reliablemoon26 @reliablemoon6376 @repen13 @ReservedHickory86 @reservedOwl321 @Resourceful2021 @rhoda @richyShiny39 @RideaRainbow @River416 @Roger57 @RogueOne1983 @Rose1324 @Ross63 @roxymar @ruffneckred @Ruthanny1243 @sailinsunshine @SallyMoore @sallymander36 @samSympa3 @Sandidegeer @SarahKind @sb805 @ScarletLand3247 @ScarletPear1945 @SeaLady @Seasidelady61 @secretMap2091 @Sedtzl1 @seeker1898 @SeekerSher @seekinghappy55 @selfdisciplinedPenny281 @seniorlady @sensibleBunny2134 @sensiblePal7535 @ShadowFaerie @Shycat542 @shycranberry2308 @sillyrabbit7 @sincereGrapefruit4682 @sincerelandsincereOak6832 @SKHK @Skyglider @SleeplessVet @SloRollin62 @smead85 @Smilintru67 @smokescrunch @sngrlittle @snugglyLight2001 @sonerii @soothingArrow47 @sophiaaiello @SoulfulCat22 @soulsings @spielmanjr @spongbobishappy @SpreadAloha @StartExploring @stayingsafe @SteampunkOkc @stilltrying126 @sthompso @StormyTimes @straightforwardKiwi7811 @stressBear @strugglingtocope99 @stampy853 @StillSurvivingThriving @Sue1111 @Sue88 @sunnyplum5193 @SunnySpruce3523 @sunnyZebra2336 @Sunshine4691 @SunShineAlwaysGrateful @SusyKaploosy @SuzieQ1 @swammi01 @SweetSami @swim215 @swinston222 @swordpsalm @sympatheticCat267 @Tabbysflower @Tailormade1 @tanimaya @Tanq2u @Tawanda526 @tealCranberry7379 @tealDog6333 @tealPlace1858 @Teresa416 @terrig996 @TexasTabby @thecaringone @thoughtfulRaspberries8714 @ThreeFires @Tish1982 @tranquilheart @Treat @Tri2BHappy @Trying5555 @turquoiseJar411 @twidget @twm @Tyedyedbutterfly @understandingSea8000 @unicornbarb @Vadras @versatileHickory1709 @Vintagelung @VioletVeritas @vouberto @Walker7957 @WarmWool @waterdragon81 @weatherphoto @WharfRat @Whisper292 @whisperingfairy7 @whispersrlonely @whitewingeddove1107 @Wicket51 @willow3836 @wittyNest2941 @WonnderWoman @Woodlandwalk42 @wordnerd @worstpossibleusername @WorkingitThrough2 @worthystruggle @WrenegadeWen @Yashoda108 @xe14 @xinero @xrosez @Yashoda108 @yzzil @Yushix @youcancallmeLili @zaramerch @Zengrl @ZeeshanZahir


39
User Profile: WharfRat
WharfRat August 4th, 2025

The beach in Hollywood, Florida, in the 1960s.  I was a little boy with my family staying at my grandma's.  It was like paradise.  Nothing has compared to it.


1 reply
User Profile: adventurousBranch3786
adventurousBranch3786 August 4th, 2025

@WharfRat. I live in Florida and have been there. It is a nice beach 🏖️.

load more
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 August 4th, 2025

@amiablePeace77

Hard to describe as i have felt this a few times one place i went i felt a peace and connection though i had never been there before.  I went back took our old dog who became a puppy before our eyes there..

people cannot explain it is not flashy or warm and sunny ...just a big stretch of grey beach but something feel different when you are on it...

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP August 4th, 2025

@toughTiger6481

That sounds truly magical!


load more
User Profile: purpleTree4652
purpleTree4652 August 4th, 2025

The cockpit of a plane when I was flying solo for the first time.   

4 replies
User Profile: purpleTree4652
purpleTree4652 August 4th, 2025

@purpleTree4652

Oh, I'm supposed to describe this.  

When I was first given clearance to enter the line-up for take off, I couldnt see the next plane to take off.  But I could see the pilots laughing and the tower finally gave me clearance to go last.  Then when I took off, it was just me and the world around me.  It was so quiet I could hear a pin drop.  I went around the pattern once and landed flawlessly.  I think my heart started to beat then.  I was back down on earth.  It was something I'll never forget.  

3 replies
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP August 5th, 2025

@purpleTree4652

Wow! That sounds like an incredible experience purpleTree!

User Profile: AReine
AReine August 6th, 2025

I love that purpleTree💟. So you're a pilot?

1 reply
User Profile: purpleTree4652
purpleTree4652 August 7th, 2025

@AReineRose

I'm a licensed private pilot.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 August 4th, 2025

@amiablePeace77

I would have to say the giant redwoods on Vancouver Island (nothing like the giants in Cali)

It was majestic to say the least. Walking amongst 500 - 1000 year old trees. The sheer size of them is just amazing. If I could, I'd move out there just so I could hike those forests daily.

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP August 5th, 2025

@braindamag3

I find hiking in forests is one of the most relaxing activities one can do. Those trees look amazing! (saw some pictures on the internet)

load more
User Profile: adventurousBranch3786
adventurousBranch3786 August 4th, 2025

@amiablePeace77. Rockefeller Center in New York City at Christmas time. The decorations are the prettiest I have seen. Warm chestnuts and pretzels were sold by street vendors too and yummy 😋.

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP August 5th, 2025

@adventurousBranch3786

Some Christmas decorations are unbelievably beautiful, and it seems the Rockefeller center is known for it. Warm chestnuts and pretzel - yum!

load more
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings August 5th, 2025

@amiablePeace77  What’s the most magical place you’ve ever visited? Can you describe it in a few words?

Oahu was the only place I visited in Hawaii but you could walk for miles along the beach and swim anywhere. There are fragrant flowers growing all over the place and white doves everywhere.  There are many fruiting trees. 

It may have changed now but in 1980 it was a magical place where you could rent a room reasonably and walk to the beach. After a while one may feel homesick for back mainland because it is like a floating island in the Pacific Ocean. 

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP August 5th, 2025

@soulsings

I am glad you could experience Oahu at a time it was still more natural and reasonable than maybe today. 

load more
User Profile: Clio9876
Clio9876 August 6th, 2025

The spaces between the blades of grass in my lawn.

User Profile: BaBeanPalm
BaBeanPalm August 6th, 2025

Trips to Islamorada with my dog, he loves walking around Bud and Mary’s Marina, so much to explore. Back before Marker 88 was renovated it was really relaxed and he’d be allowed to sit at the bar and the water shimmered as the sun set, a guy playing guitar, how welcomed he was and happy he was to meet people. Love taking him someplace special to me that he enjoys and has an adventure everywhere. Keys were special to my dad too, so past memories and new memories ❤️

User Profile: AReine
AReine August 6th, 2025

It will definitely be Baja (باجة) a city in north east of Tunisia. I have posted a thread before about a historical monument in it (Dougga).

It's literally breath taking. I dream every day of being back there 💚💚💚💚

User Profile: juice872
juice872 August 6th, 2025

ð¥¦