Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

World Mental Health Day : Cleanse Your Mind

User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt October 11th, 2020

WMHD Event: Cleanse Your Mind

Hello everyone! Hope you are doing great.

It’s a beautiful day outside today, isn’t it? :)

Today is Day 2 of our World Mental Health Day Event. (Check out this post for details on World Mental Health Day Event). Taking care of our mental health is extremely important, so to improve the mental health we need to overcome the obstacles on the way by getting rid of negativity.

Imagine going in for a bath, you wash away all the impurities with water and soap. Now consider taking your mind/brain for a bath, over here, you wash away all the negative thoughts and emotions (impurities) by writing them down instead of washing them away with water and soap.

Icebreaker: What are some thoughts, emotions, or feelings that you would like to get rid of in order to cleanse your mind? fdgfb8M4aRFplDCG1ExQBjF8FHFu_1zVJ6VTIFQuSaYmHjN15tsPAZlQKaS8HeVREqfzSGqEcK8ZWMJ-SLkbVOA-SkSejMPZmvtJOfeg3vyE1JRTfetQswOaMl4OrlcUbJx9S2IV

_jYG9Ft05jdxqIwMYF0VQeU1J15n4KzCsYJE4k-WU9NHcRh4XsmVDLLg2VmwVKlhR1FhDwdzvr0IcrGadHiy5hglfXgqFTFY_kQwNjZmRU1crD0Fj93p7NMFicTKsvfTWoh5Qa6C

Please tag 3 others to join in on our Icebreaker post! And, after participation, fill out this form to earn your badge and check out this Masterpost to participate in other fun October Events.

Click here to be added/removed from the tag list

79
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 11th, 2020

Positivity Gratitude SC Automated Taglist

@AbHinc @AddictedTealover98 @aditighosh02 @ahealingEndoftherainbow22 @ArtemisGrey @ashlyntheordinary @black1995 @Bluesky1964 @Booklover95 @brendenjensen @brilliantMoment97 @brutalBiscuit @calmsoulmeet @caringCreature8571 @catlover456 @centremid @Christiinee @ColorfulKiwi436 @comfortingRose21 @CompassionateDave @decisiveOcean892 @dtanushree @exuberantMaple397 @fearlessFriend6573 @Fearlesslake610 @fluffyunicorns84 @frostyOcean72 @futuredavidblue98 @fy64 @GhostLily @glisteningeyes @goldenFlower74 @GustyOne4U @happyface1014 @healinghearts0718 @HealingSinthia @healingWhisper @herealways27 @Hope3729 @Hpoole @immaddie @incredibleWatermelon1029 @intellectualDrum3128 @ItsReganingRain @IvyL @JayTheBird14 @Jennifer164 @JetBlu2507 @JoyfulUnicorn @K87 @KACOSMIC @Kassy7cups @Katiets @KoiFish @korange @KristinHelps @Ktlev07 @Lexloveslife @lightingsun12345 @LilyLe @lilypilli @lindseynlola @littleSky9143 @Lolowise475 @lunaa1990 @mellietronx @melliotm @MissPen @MissSkeleton @moonrust @MrJacob @nadiasaleh26 @neatBalloon7178 @neverendingMermaid74 @niceDaisy36 @onedirection1213 @optimisticRaspberries5247 @orangeyouglad68 @parisliangbts @peppermintlove @Pidge2 @PurpleSnail @Redmark @reliablebutoftenforgotten @river @SadHippo208 @sail46 @sarang26 @SavoyTruffle20 @SeekingOkay @selena555 @serenitysearch @SilverSeastar @Skyy0 @Softhearted975 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @supportiveApple61 @sweetlife101 @Themorningowl @TNTDynamite @Totheskyandbeyond @Violiness @warmheartedBlackberry592 @WhiteAlbatros @Zeraphim @zulegirl

User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 11th, 2020

@VerseArt

Yayy Verse, lovely post ! ❤

What are some thoughts, emotions, or feelings that you would like to get rid of in order to cleanse your mind?

I'd say,I'd like to cleanse away my overthinking and procrastinating and the guilty feel of not doing anything productive. Also ,to cleanse away the worry about the pandemic. 🌻

Tagging, @incognitoknight0101 , @blissart , @Starmedia 🌻❤

8 replies
User Profile: incognitoknight0101
incognitoknight0101 October 11th, 2020

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Thank you for tagging :)

What are some thoughts, emotions, or feelings that you would like to get rid of in order to cleanse your mind?

I wanna cleanse - Procrastination, sleepish feeling and over thinking certain aspects.

Tagging: @vroomvrooom @Destiny00 @Ag47

5 replies
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Hello @incognitoknight0101 <3

I hope we all succeed in defeating/ getting rid of all these things!

1 reply
User Profile: incognitoknight0101
incognitoknight0101 October 12th, 2020

@VerseArt Hopefully :)

load more
User Profile: Destiny00
Destiny00 October 12th, 2020

@incognitoknight0101

😊😊Thank you for tagging knight

I would like to get rid of procrastination and relating too much with others feelings and treating as if its my own feelings and letting them affect me .

Tagging: @Rashmiee, @Friend247,@ashvillium

1 reply
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Hello @Destiny00

I completely agree. Having boundaries is very important. :)

load more
load more
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Hello @Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you! <3

I completely agree with every single one of your thoughts I'd like to get rid of as well. I hope both of us would be able to worry less :)

User Profile: Starmedia
Starmedia October 13th, 2020

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thanks for the tag! smiley I hope you will be able to achieve that sun! heart

Icebreaker: What are some thoughts, emotions, or feelings that you would like to get rid of in order to cleanse your mind?

I would like to get rid of stress and worries about a situation! Working on letting go (not moving on) and learning to trust the process. heart

load more
User Profile: 7motivation
7motivation October 11th, 2020

@VerseArt

I would like to be rid of any thoughts of several world leaders that I think are bad for the world. One in particular.

Just their names alone are bad for my mental health.

So I avoid any news with them in it.

And that essentially keeps my mind cleansed of them.

Out of sight, out of mind. Trigger avoided.

That just gave me an idea!!!

I can make a bookmarklet to edit-out an unwanted name from a web page.

So before I read the news on a web page, I can click the bookmarklet and ##### out their name!

Here is the javascript I adapted from here.

If you know what a bookmarklet is, you'll know how to use it.

It changes the word Frump into #####

To motify it to change another word into #####, just edit the text Frump below.

javascript:var count=0; function htmlreplace(a,b,element){ if(!element)element=document.body; var nodes=element.childNodes; for(var n=0;n<nodes.length;n++){ if(nodes[n].type&&nodes[n].type.toLowerCase()=='textarea'){ var r=new RegExp(a,'gim'); if(nodes[n].value.match(r)){ count++; } nodes[n].value=nodes[n].value.replace(r,b) } else if(nodes[n].nodeValue && nodes[n].nodeValue.length > 0){ var r=new RegExp(a,'gim'); if(nodes[n].nodeValue.match(r)){ count++; } nodes[n].nodeValue=nodes[n].nodeValue.replace(r,b) } else{ htmlreplace(a,b,nodes[n]) } } } htmlreplace("Frump","#####"); alert('replaced '+count+' words.');

3 replies
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Hello @7motivation

Thank you for the amazing knowledge. It's really a good way to avoid triggers. :)

Also, I do not know Java. (I know a little python). :p

2 replies
User Profile: 7motivation
7motivation October 12th, 2020

@VerseArt

You're welcome.

And just so others know,
JavaScript and Java are 2 different things,
although over time they have become more similar.
But still they are very different and not the same as explained here

https://javascript-obfuscator.org/blog/java-vs-javascript-whats-the-difference/

https://www.seguetech.com/java-vs-javascript-difference/

Just remember

Java is to Javascript
as Ham is to Hamster.

A Ham is not a Hamster.
And Java is not Javascript.

They're completely different things.

1 reply
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Got it @7motivation

Thanks for the clarification. :)

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: blissart
blissart October 12th, 2020

@VerseArt @SummerBreeze00

NIce series of thoughts and activities for putting our focus back on Mental Health. Thanks heart

What are some thoughts, emotions, or feelings that you would like to get rid of in order to cleanse your mind?

procrastination

@Daf8 @lovelyMirage5650 @Ladiebird7 @Mysteyhelp000

16 replies
User Profile: Daf8
Daf8 October 12th, 2020

heart @blissart heart

heart Thank you for tagging me! heart

heart I would like to get rid of the low self-esteem. heart

heart @enchantedlove @youarenotalone00 @drearienne @Textingpals heart

5 replies
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Hello @Daf8

I hope you'll be able to accomplish that. :)

1 reply
User Profile: Daf8
Daf8 October 12th, 2020

heart @VerseArt heart

heart Thank you for your kindness! I highly appreciate it. heart

load more
User Profile: Textingpals
Textingpals October 13th, 2020

@Daf8

Thank you for tagging me, Daf.

@VerseArt

The series is an awesome one, Verse. Well done.

Question. What are some thoughts, emotions, or feelings that you would like to get rid of in order to cleanse your mind?

Answer. I would like to get rid of procrastination and be more active. I have thought of a 'thirty day- thirty activities' plan to avoid this, but well, I am procrastinating on the plan itself.

2 replies
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 13th, 2020

Hello @Textingpals

Thank you! Procrastination is all over this post. Everyone can relate, especially me as I even procrastinated posting this. :p

User Profile: Daf8
Daf8 October 13th, 2020

heart @Textingpals heart

heart Of course! And there's no need to worry: even if procrastination is really hard, you are an amazing, hardworking person. heart

load more
load more
User Profile: lovelyMirage5650
lovelyMirage5650 October 12th, 2020

@blissart

Thanks for tagging me..

I would like to get rid of the feeling of me being not enough..

@generousMango1320 @Azrial666

2 replies
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Hello @lovelyMirage5650

I know it's tough, I deal with the same. I believe both of us can get better. Wish you the best best! <3

1 reply
User Profile: lovelyMirage5650
lovelyMirage5650 October 12th, 2020

Hi @VerseArt !

Thank you and hope you can overcome this feeling too..

All the best!!

load more
load more
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Hello @blissart

Thank you!! heart I completely agree. We all need to get rid of Procrastination. I think everyone has written that here.

User Profile: 7motivation
7motivation October 12th, 2020

@blissart @Destiny00 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @incognitoknight0101 @vroomvrooom @VerseArt

For all above who wanted to be rid of procrastination,
try my ZOMBIE HABIT as explained here

https://www.7cups.com/forum/StudentSupportCommunity_114/HomeworkExaminationsandMotivationCorner_538/ZOMBIEHABITPROCRASTINATIONAVOIDANCETRICKnewmindsetv2_229966/

Zombie Habit uses 4 F-Modes, fast, fun, focus, flow

1) activate fast into Zombie mode within 5 seconds
2) have fun by really playing a Zombie,
3) focus like a Zombie on one tiny thing to do
4) flow like a Zombie "moment by moment" (get into a flow state)

Click the link above to see how it works and why.

It's my fun way to beat procrastination.
If you know of a more fun way, please let me know!

5 replies
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Hey @7motivation

It's a great post. Thank you for taking the time out in writing it. I hope each one of us will be able to implement it. :)

User Profile: incognitoknight0101
incognitoknight0101 October 12th, 2020

@7motivation

Thank you so much! Its really great :)

User Profile: 7motivation
7motivation October 13th, 2020

@blissart @Destiny00 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @incognitoknight0101 @vroomvrooom @VerseArt

Zombie Habit is most fun when

you play it up,

and add gestures and sounds effects, like this

https://nicertube.com/5tuf2i

2 replies
User Profile: incognitoknight0101
incognitoknight0101 October 13th, 2020

@7motivation

Woahhhh that was scary fun! haha

1 reply
User Profile: 7motivation
7motivation October 13th, 2020

@incognitoknight0101

Thanks. I had so much fun watching that guy do the ZOMBIE sound effects, especially at the end smiley

Now I make sound effects too whenever I use the ZOMBIE HABIT.

Plus I add some gestures like he does. ARRRRrrrrrrrrr!

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Endure777
Endure777 October 12th, 2020

@VerseArt

I would love to get rid of anger to cleanse my mind. I struggled with it my whole life but it has got better!

@greenTree3874 @dhabib @enthusiasticPomegranate6910

6 replies
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Hello @CognitiveACE

I'm glad to know that it has gotten better. Wish you well <3

User Profile: dhabib
dhabib October 12th, 2020

@CognitiveACE thads hood I'm struggling to with anixety stress pain anger fear sadness

3 replies
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Hello @dhabib

I really hope you will be able to get rid of all these super soon. :)

2 replies
User Profile: dhabib
dhabib October 13th, 2020

@VerseArt I would like to talk to you it hurts what I am going through

1 reply
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 13th, 2020

Hello @dhabib

You are always welcome to talk to me. :)

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: dhabib
dhabib October 12th, 2020

@CognitiveACE that's good you are getting better I'm here for you

load more
User Profile: hopebeyondpain
hopebeyondpain October 12th, 2020

I would like to cleanse my mind from shame, anger, and resentment heart

@Kimmkimm @sadleafycup @BrokenTearss

1 reply
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Hello @hopebeyondpain

As your username says, hope you accomplish that. Little by little, I know you will. 🙂

load more
User Profile: Kimmkimm
Kimmkimm October 12th, 2020

@VerseArt

Thank you for tagging me @hopebeyondpain I hope you can cleanse your mind from that soon 💗

I liked this post and the idea of cleaning my mind sounds great. However, I was triggered when I read the word 'bath'. I would like to get rid of that.

I would also like to get rid of bad memories, fears, guilt, shame, anger, hatred and so many bad words I call myself every day.

3 replies
User Profile: Kimmkimm
Kimmkimm October 13th, 2020

@Kimmkimm

I hope you heal soon, Kimberly.

1 reply
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 13th, 2020

Hello @Kimmkimm

You will heal super soon, Kimberly. :)

load more
User Profile: Daf8
Daf8 October 14th, 2020

heart @Kimmkimm heart

heart You are strong and amazing. You'll heal. Take your time and take care of you, Queen of Calligraphy. heart

load more
User Profile: drearienne
drearienne October 12th, 2020

@VerseArt

@Daf8 The cat god Daf has summoned me, her loyal cat-servant yet again. I look forward to fulfilling whatever the cat god demands!

Oof, this month sure has been…something, and if I’m taking the time to cleanse my thoughts we’re going to need a lot of soap, water, and time.

I need to be more understanding of myself in that life is not a competition to be won, and that even if I’m not doing great right now, I will be okay someday. The ideal life that I want for myself requires me to have mental peace, and it would be wrong of me to blame myself for not achieving my goals when I do not have that peace of mind. This includes being kinder to myself about the things I cannot control, such as my ADHD and anxiety which have both been going crazy recently.

Anyways, that’s my mental health goal, now I wanna hear from these awesome people: @RoryK @Clara139175 @HannahChu777 And I hope all of you reading this have a great day :)

5 replies
User Profile: HannahChu777
HannahChu777 October 12th, 2020

@drearienne

hehe ty for the tag. for me it's to stop comparing and degrading myself when the level of my actions don't match others.

2 replies
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Hello @HannahChu777

I do feel the same many times and I always tell myself that, 'everyone is trying their best and everyone's best is different.' :)

So, you know that you are trying your best. <3

1 reply
User Profile: HannahChu777
HannahChu777 October 12th, 2020

@VerseArt

Yesss my competition is my past self tbh

load more
load more
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Hello @drearienne

I am so glad you got summoned and answered. Thank you! <3

This month might have been difficult but I hope the next when will be better :)

User Profile: Daf8
Daf8 October 14th, 2020

heart @drearienne heart

heart Of course! I summon an awesome, cute frog. I congratulate you for your attitude, and I assure you that I'm here for you. heart

load more
October 12th, 2020

Thanks for the tag, @drearienne

I would like to cleanse my mind of a lot of things, but I think I would like to cleanse my mind of trauma the most.
Tagging: @hopedreamlove @SupportiveMitch @TheAtticusFinch

1 reply
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Hello @RoryK

I hope you'll be able to do that. :)

load more
User Profile: azuladragon34
azuladragon34 October 12th, 2020

@VerseArt

What are some thoughts, emotions, or feelings that you would like to get rid of in order to cleanse your mind?: I would like to get of thoughts, feelings and emotions that are negative and harmful to my mental health.

1 reply
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 12th, 2020

Hey @azuladragon34

That's the motive. :)

load more