Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav
Community /

Arts & Crafts Forum

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
MistyMagic profile picture
Our Posting Guidelines! Please read!
by MistyMagic
Last post
September 6th
...See more Arts  & Crafts Community  Posting Guidelines 2024 Hey everyone! it's great to see so many of you posting your artwork, I love seeing it all, but recently we have had a few that include a tagline or other identifying information which I have had to edit out.  I thought it might help to have a few guidelines posted here so that you can all read and see what is acceptable. Please read the following as posts that do not adhere will be edited or removed. ✅ Please ensure you edit out all identifying names, taglines, or social media addresses (even if abbreviated).  ✅ Please try and keep all your work in one thread rather than starting a new one each time. This will mean that all the hearts will accumulate and help to boost the post's featured position, It also means that every time you post to your thread each person that has already replied will receive a notification that you have added something new. ✅ Please make sure your work is not posted to other sites where you may be identified. For our safety, we must all remain anonymous at 7 Cups, and reverse image search is so easy these days! To stay anonymous you may need to choose pieces that you have not already posted or featured on any other site. Or create content just for us! ✅ Please make sure your work is acceptable to the 7 Cups guidelines and rules:- ❌ No sexual pictures, uncovered shoulders, bikini, bare chest pictures etc.  ❌ No pictures of smoking, drugs or alcohol, or guns, knives, violence etc. Please note that adding a 'Trigger Warning' or [TW] does not make any content acceptable. So please think carefully before posting. You can post your artwork but please make sure it is teen suitable and adheres to 7 Cups guidelines so appropriate attire and content. For further information please see Community Guidelines [https://www.7cups.com/community-guidelines/] and the Arts & Crafts Community [https://www.7cups.com/forum/crafts/] home page then click on the ‘About’ tab. Want to join our Team? You can apply here! Read All About It! [https://www.7cups.com/forum/crafts/CommunitySpace_2578/WANTEDLetsBuildATeam_313107/] Taglist Add or Remove yourseslf here [https://www.7cups.com/forum/crafts/CommunitySpace_2578/ArtsCraftsAutomatedTaglist_306962/]@AustinIsDepressed101 @BirdKing449 @EmotionsListener @GwydionRowan @ivoryAcai80 @LoveMyMoonflowers @loyalApricot1375 @MistyMagic @Mya000 @Park2139 @RachelListener @Rainboho @rainlove27 @Ralien @Renaitre2023 @RogueOne1983 @SomebodySpicy13 @theboymoana @TheCrew4887 @tidyHickory3283 @tommy @VioletWater @WorkingitThrough2
tommy profile picture
Arts & Crafts Automated Taglist!
by tommy
Last post
August 17th
...See more Welcome to the Arts & Crafts Taglist This thread is an auto-updating list. The list is regularly updated by forum leaders and can be found below. Having issues? Reply below and someone will help you! Why should I join the taglist? ✔ Never miss out on sub-community check-ins, discussions or events ✔ Get tagged and notified by community leaders whenever a new relevant thread has been posted ✔ Become a more active member of the community. What do I need to do? ✅ To add yourself to this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please add me. ❌ To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please remove me. ------------------------- Current taglist as of 6 May 2024 (updated by @EmotionsListener) @AustinIsDepressed101 @BirdKing449 @cal1860 @daydreammemories @EmotionsListener @GwydionRowan @iloveyouxx @ivoryAcai80 @LoveMyMoonflowers @loyalApricot1375 @MistyMagic @Mya000 @Park2139 @RachelListener @Rainboho @rainlove27 @Ralien @Renaitre2023 @RogueOne1983 @SomebodySpicy13 @theboymoana @TheCrew4887 @tidyHickory3283 @tommy @VioletWater @WorkingitThrough2
DaisyStar01 profile picture
Getting started in crochet
by DaisyStar01
Last post
Wednesday
...See more Hi! I have been trying to get into crochet for a while, but have been struggling to find good resources that teach things slowly and well. Does anyone have any advice or any specific resources you like? Thanks!
Mandie108 profile picture
Crochet Fans!
by Mandie108
Last post
August 25th
...See more Does anybody here enjoy crochet? If so, what do you like making the most? I really like crocheting doilies :)
WorkingitThrough2 profile picture
plastic bag sleeping mat
by WorkingitThrough2
Last post
August 17th
...See more                                                          Knitting and Crocheting Forum October 24th Sleeping Mat for the homeless:  Hi, all you wonderful crafters. I wanted to tell you about a new venture I am about to embark on. I hope to get some of you to try this. The weather is about to get cold, and so many homeless people have no home and they live on the streets. I saw this project on YouTube, and It is making sleeping mats for the homeless. For this project, you don’t have to spend any money; we will use our grocery plastic bags to crochet this mat and a number 13 crochet hook. You will need about 700  bags/ cut the tops and bottoms off of them, cut them into four pieces, and slip knot them into a chain.  How to make sleeping mats from plastic bags [https://youtu.be/qSKm6iz90aA?si=TEaNX9GmaPv8YPS-]: https://youtu.be/yr_WHW_tGSE?si=4uLmod9-sG3cG82c Tag list. Check this post [https://www.7cups.com/forum/HobbyZone_125/TheHobbyZoneTeam_2396/TheHobbyZoneTaglist_280107/] if you want to be added to the tag list! @EmotionsListener @GreenFairie @GwydionRowan @loyalApricot1375 @MistyMagic @Park2139 @Ralien @Renaitre2023 @SomebodySpicy13 @tommy @VioletWater @WorkingitThrough2
greedyChestnut25 profile picture
New projects :D
by greedyChestnut25
Last post
July 31st
...See more Hello,  Today I started a new crochet project that I left a side for a while, because I'm quite new to amigumuri. Trying to take my time with it :)  I'm curious to know if you have been working in anything that you would like to share :) 
HappyHyacinth profile picture
Hi guys!!!
by HappyHyacinth
Last post
July 31st
...See more Hello!! I’m really new to this platform, and I just want to show off this cute little guy I made. 
Bearbear22 profile picture
Crochet
by Bearbear22
Last post
March 5th
...See more Does anyone have any crocheting tips cuz i kinda suck at it.
2Ears2Hear profile picture
Crochet African Violet
by 2Ears2Hear
Last post
November 29th, 2025
...See more
blitheSun94 profile picture
Pink Crochet 💕
by blitheSun94
Last post
November 8th, 2025
...See more Loving this color 💕
BastianLatte profile picture
Knitted vest
by BastianLatte
Last post
November 8th, 2025
...See more
compassionateCake680 profile picture
What I’m working on
by compassionateCake680
Last post
October 1st, 2025
...See more Right now I’m working on a crochet platypus for my friend, and I got really far today :DD (I started today lol). I’m using a template (https://knottooshabbycrochet.wordpress.com/2017/07/03/free-crochet-platypus-pattern/) for this first platypus I’m making, but if I ever decide to make another I’m planning to try changing it up. It only really needs knowledge of the magic ring and single stitch, so Im super happy. I got up to row 11 for the body and now I’m going to go sleep cuz it’s 4 am. Good night :)
EmotionsListener profile picture
Wonders in Wool - Dishcloths! (Part of Crafting a Creative Summer)
by EmotionsListener
Last post
October 1st, 2025
...See more Let’s start off by talking about yarn for a moment! For dishcloths I always use a basic cotton yarn. Basic cotton yarn has a tendency to split when working with it so some will prefer mercerized cotton instead. A mercerized cotton would also reduce any stretching or warping that may occur. But most importantly for today’s project it needs to be a cotton or cotton blend yarn, fibers like acrylic will not work well when it’s time to wash those dishes! My personal favourite patterns for dishcloths are the Lemon Peel Stitch Dishcloth(crochet) available below, and the Snakes and Ladders Washcloth pattern from Leah Michelle Designs(knit) available as a free download here [https://leahmichelledesigns.com/free-patterns/snakes-ladders-dishcloth/]. I love the look of either, but crochet dishcloths tend to stretch less and be thicker so are my personal favourite. Basic Lemon Peel Stitch Dishcloth (This pattern uses US terminology) Using a Size H/8 or 5mm Crochet hook and a medium (4) cotton yarn. Chain 29. (Or any odd number of chains.) Row 1: *sc into second ch from hook, dc in next. Repeat from * to end, ch 1 and turn. (28 Stitches) Row 2: *sc into first stitch, dc in next. Repeat from * to end, ch 1 and turn. (28 Stitches) Row 3-23: Repeat Row 2. (or until the project is square) Finishing: Cut the yarn and pull the end through the final chain through to secure your work. Sew in the ends and get to scrubbing those dishes! Notes: This pattern creates a dishcloth that is approximately 7.5” or 19cm square, however gauge tends to vary from crocheter to crocheter. Also because these are cotton, your dishcloth will shrink a bit when you wash it. Good news is it’s easy to make it bigger or smaller based on what you prefer simply by adding stitches and/or rows. Overall this simple stitch gives a double sided fabric with a nice texture. [image consists of a Snakes and Ladders washcloth in progress and three Lemon Peel Stitch dishcloths] Really, you almost don’t need a pattern to make a dishcloth. Almost any new stitch pattern you want to try or technique you want to learn can be turned into a dishcloth! They even make special “scrubby” yarns that can add more scrubbing texture to your next dishcloth. Do you make your own dishcloths?  Do you have a favourite pattern or yarn you use when making them? Part of Crafting a Creative Summer [https://www.7cups.com/forum/crafts/General_2557/CraftingaCreativeSummer_357471/]
blitheSun94 profile picture
Crochet n’ Stuff
by blitheSun94
Last post
August 16th, 2025
...See more Hi, guys, It’s been a while…Lately, I’ve been obsessed with granny squares, but I think my next project will be a hexicardigan. 🧶

Arts & Crafts


Welcome to Arts & Crafts! This supportive place for you to share everything and anything related to Arts & Crafts.


What are the different forum topics for Arts & Crafts?

Art: A place for all your art needs.

Community Space: A place for icebreakers, introductions, discussions and community check-ins.

Crafts: A place for all things craft related!


How can I help?

You can help us by simply responding to threads and sharing your story (if you're comfortable). Check-in with us, join a discussion, or start one! Alternatively, you can join us as a Forum Leader. Check out this thread for more information.


Helpful Threads

Taglist: Do you want to stay up to date with our community? Then join our tag list to be notified whenever there is a new discussion or update within the community!


Arts & Crafts FAQ

Q: Are there any community-specific guidelines that we need to adhere to?

A: You can find community-specific guidelines below, which you should follow in addition to the general forum guidelines.

Please note that adding a 'Trigger Warning' or [TW] does not make any content acceptable. So please think carefully before posting.
You can post your artwork but please make sure it is teen suitable and adheres to 7 Cups guidelines so appropriate attire and content.


Start your own thread and keep ALL artwork in that thread. This will mean that your thread gains upvotes/hearts and will notify everyone when a new post is made.

Be wary of clicking on any unknown links as they are not vetted or checked by 7 Cups.


Stay anonymous - remove all signatures, or names, and links to any other sites. You must remain anonymous. Any artwork that doesn't adhere to this will be removed.


Help! I still have a question! 

If you need help, feel free to contact MistyMagic or a community leader or post here, and someone will contact you!

Community Guidelines

Arts & Crafts is a wonderful new Community that was birthed from Hobby Zone. So many of us share the love of painting, drawing, sketching, knitting, crocheting, making jewelry, beading, carding, scrapbooking and all the arts and crafts there are, far too many to name all of them!


Posting Guidelines Please read here

This community is a safe space where we can all share, and find things that inspire and motivate us, as well as bringing each of us together united in our pastimes.

You can post your artwork but please make sure it is teen suitable and adheres to 7 Cups guidelines so appropriate attire and content.

Start your own thread and keep ALL artwork in that thread. This will mean that your thread gains upvotes/hearts and will notify everyone when a new post is made.

Stay anonymous - remove all signatures or name and links to any other sites. You must remain anonymous. Any artwork that doesn't adhere to this will be removed.


Please ensure that ALL content is appropriate for teens as the site is open to members as young as 13. Please note that adding a 'Trigger Warning' or [TW] does not make any content acceptable. So please think carefully before posting.

Forum Handbook - everything you need to know about forums at 7 Cups.

Inappropriate content will be removed. 

Community Leaders
Community Mentor Leader