Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The anticipation effect

Planning and looking forward to activities or events is very good for your mental and emotional health. This is often called the "anticipation effect." When you intentionally set up special things to do in the future, it starts to make you feel happier and more energized even before the event happens.

What is something you can plan to look forward to this week?


Taglist Updated 10-3-26 @3timesLeo @4Jasmine @abbylov3s @adrjust1 @Admirablerainbow2825 @adventureawaits777 @adventurousBranch3786 @Alaskanskies @AlexMbale @allen99 @allnaturalWillow7138 @alysianna @ambitiousGlobe3422 @ambitioushope1234 @ambitiousHickory9113 @amiablePeace77 @Ashy123 @augustine1304 @balderasdavid799 @BeamsOfHope00 @Beepyy @belongtothesun @bence2 @bestSugar5181 @bestThinker1986 @BipolarBear1983 @BlackyDragon @blissedNblessed @bluelemon6419 @bobw @bouncyFireworks3811 @blueAcai236 @BPDBadee @Brittanny17 @brightOcean1599 @cafedaydreams @candybubblegumsprinkles @calmcoral @calmWest327 @CaringSub @CatHanderOutNoah @Catunion @charmaeausty @charmingSky5972@charliebee1121 cheerfulKiwi1776 @ComfortablePeace2121 @courageouspanda2006 @courageousPomegranate766 @courteousKite6821 @creativeCar5713 @creatingHealthyOutcome @crimsonCoconut1711 @crimsonPapaya @crystalclearnow @cyanVase4070 @CyclingThroughLife @DarkWolfy04 @daydreammemories @deborahdebbie@Desmynn6789 @Determinedsquare9605 @DkIfINeedHelpOrSleep @dlynn88911221 @dysfunctionjunction1224 @Echoheart7236 @EllyMerelyn @EmbraceYourWings9340 @emotionalpal710 @emotionalPenguin4374 @empathicPresence9091 @EmpoweringSam @Empress02 @endure777 @energeticThinker6924 @enthusiasticAcai2032 @enthusiasticBeach8170 @enthusiasticTortoise6681 @eternalHero77 @exuberantStrawberries9544 @eyeofthetigerrr @FaithfulScout @FaithMagic @fearlessCup8704 @F1shD0g  @FlowerEV777 @forcefulBeach929 @FracturedPurple @Fradiga @FrenchieMom @fruityPond7887 @gentleCandy7153 @Genlistener @geribear @Gettingbettertoday @Ghasaq997 @GlitteryHearts @glowingPresence86 @energeticThinker6924@GoldenNest2727 @GothamRam @gregariousField7151 @GreyorFelix @gva1audi @happyness @hardworkingBeechwood6063 @HealingEcho @heartstopper13 @helloPineapple2451 @helpfulDime0407 @Henry2000 @Hereforyouall144 @holdingspace85 @hopefaith2011 @imaginativepear6493 @ingeniousLove9924 @insightfulEyes3026 @intuitivepixie1331 @intuitiveEast6300 @Itzcharlotteg @JanMad87 @Jordan1872 @k87 @Kenn13chan @kevin3108 @kindcircle3085 @kateeew@Katty719 @Kaydeee @kindRiver6 @kohandlen @Kristian1 @kristynsmama @Lauren63 @Leahm9703 @linda19152 @LillyPad12345 @LisaMeighanMBPsS @listeningcariad @lostwithouther97 @lovelycoacoa @magneticDreamer6447 @mariah2009 @Marita7391 @meaningfulSilence @meeeeee @memyselfandmoth @meowcat1216 @mia4819 @Mich765 @mindtalk @miraculousTouch2949 @miresama @Mishka1599 @modestTangerine2193 @MoonMomm @MoreThanJustMe @Mscooper2789 @myloveee3 @mytwistedsoul @naturebeauty1234 @navyAcres6073 @neonKiwi9963 @nessa104 @NotAllHere713 @oa4me @oakley958 @Oceansky93 @oliveSquare2976 @OneErased @onkia122 @openocean @orangypie @pamharley003 @paperBird3348 @patientwater @peacefulRainbow05 @peachThinker662 @peachyOctopus9691 @PhilosophicalModel @PiecesOfWhoeverIWas @pinkpolkadots @PinkTriangle133 @pioneeringHuman7775 @polar @politeGrapefruit179 @pompom @PurpleHearts7 @purpletree4652 @Pvoigt @Qoqnus @QueerChaos259 @QuietLightning @rachelkb123 @raddogme @Rainboho @Randumuser1 @redirecting @reguna reservedOwl6476@fighton @reservedPark4029 @resilience2025 @Rhiannon65 @RMaunil @Rod88 @RogueOne1983 @RowanRawrs0512 @Ry @Salvatore123 @sandie @Scarletpear1945 @sensitiveShade5337 @ShapeshiftSystem @SilverSeastar @SleepingFoxAkari @slothgurl17 @SnaryPoppins07 @softParadise1540 @soulsings @SparklyFly @sorrowedbunny1256 @SpongeBob2021 @Squidward @StarGaze10o01 @StarryCandy6123 @stephbrent @stoemieandpaws @stormieandpaws @SugareeIsMe091121 @summerkay2024 @sunnywaters6321 @tallWalker4850 @TealPhotog @ThadSterling @theroadisbright @thesoda @thoughtsbubbleexpress @ThoughtfulMomma @tifecandy @tinywhisper11 @tiredbubble00 @tjitalia @toughLand5970 @tranquilEnergy77 @treefrog1234 @trueconfidant123@tryinglittleaudrey  @txrmentedSxul @UniversalSmile @UrsaMayor @warmheart0890 @WentToBruv @waves @WorriedMagpie @WorkingitThrough2 @yellowNectarine9265 @YellowTiger5674 @yzzil @zeffa @Zeraphim @Zsazsa524

31

@amiablePeace77

Enjoy being outside catching up on all of  the projects that I put off during the summer.

0zBu6AiQ.gif

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP Monday

@caringShoulder1357

It seems you got some good help there! 😄 Do you pay him in bones? lol

load more
User Profile: akunknown
akunknown Sunday

@amiablePeace77

What is something you can plan to look forward to this week?

Hanging out and making future hang out plans with my cousin who’ll be coming over to have lunch. 

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP Monday

@akunknown

Sounds nice, and I guess you're excited to make these plans!

User Profile: akunknown
akunknown Tuesday

@amiablePeace77

Yes. If we get around to making them. I feel like I’ll be drowned/left out when she’s here bc everytime it’s more than 1 on 1 I’m always drowned/left out of conversations. Sucks to always feel that way but that’s how it’s always been for me. That’s why I prefer 1 on 1. 

load more
load more

@amiablePeace77

The only thing that came to mind is sleeping in the afternoon.  :)

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP Monday

@purpleTree4652

I hear you! I always look forward to a nap after lunch.

load more
User Profile: Fradiga
Fradiga Monday

@amiablePeace77

My 74th birthday, as it happens. I am rather surprised, because I did not think I was going to make it last year. Will go to the restaurant with my son and a couple of local friends.

Also I just finished making a gigantic taboulé and I look forward to my lunches this week.

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP Monday

@Fradiga

Happy Birthday, Fradiga! I wish you a wonderful time with your son and friends in the restaurant. Glad you're with us. It's always interesting to read your answers to my posts.

@Fradiga

Happy Birthday, 74 years young!

User Profile: Fradiga
Fradiga Tuesday

@caringShoulder1357

I don't mind "old".  😀  Looking at it, being "over the hill" means that, due to the slope, living is easier on that side.

load more

@Fradiga. Happy birthday 🎂1

load more

@amiablePeace77

I look forward to going to a book club meet up this week.

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP Monday

@cafedaydreams

Sounds interesting. I wish you a good time!

@amiablePeace77

Thanks, this will be my second time going to this particular group. We are reading Beloved by Toni Morrison :) 

load more
load more

@amiablePeace77

This actually works. 💚

I have tried this before. It sets a momentum for the day and if you are hopeful as I am, you would be surprised at how different your day might look like. 👏


Regards,

ApplePie8587.

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP Tuesday

@ApplePie8587

Awesome that you're already practicing it and had good results! Thanks for sharing with us!

load more
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings Tuesday

@amiablePeace77  What is something you can plan to look forward to this week?

Finishing projects I am working on.

@amiablePeace77

What is something you can plan to look forward to this week?

going to small group connected to church i go too it helps a lot with my mental and emotional health when i up to going to it also have found within it compassion and caring from the other ladies they even miss me when i not able to go due to my physical  health issues 



User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP Tuesday

@stormieandpaws

Sounds like a nice group!

User Profile: stormieandpaws
stormieandpaws Wednesday

@amiablePeace77

it  is and a few of the ladies at times will text me if i not been to the group one give me ride their and back too  one of the ladies gifted me with a cold tea set too as she knows i drink lots of ice tea it amazing how a little compassion  can brighten ones day

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP Wednesday

@stormieandpaws

Wow, they are really kind-hearted people, and I’m glad you have them in your life.

User Profile: stormieandpaws
stormieandpaws 2 days ago

@amiablePeace77

thank you each one of them a blessing to me today had a wonderful time with the ladies in the small group  had a baby shower for the  new life a organization  that helps  people  who are trying to decide  if they want to go through with bring a baby into this world  so the group  gave them gifts for the center baby cloths, blankets'  and other stuff to give to  parents for their baby and support they need given too  found out today they started a  group  for dads to get training and support too i grateful for a chance to give to our community  made me feel good 

load more
load more
load more
load more

@amiablePeace77

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP Tuesday

@politeShade8836

Hi there, did you try to give an answer to the post?

load more
User Profile: adhdamaryllis
adhdamaryllis Thursday

Ok I'm confused, becuase having something big lurking in my future completely overwhekms and paralyzes me as a person with ADHD