How do I know that this feeling of loneliness won't last forever?

Lisa Groesz, PhD

With evidenced based therapies, we find the root of the problem together to implement solutions. We all face crises, transitions, or disorders at some time.

thatsorachel
The best thing about bad feelings like loneliness is that they are temporary. All feelings are only temporary. Personally, I have felt lonely many, many times in my life and I can promise you that every time it feels so hopeless and like it will last forever, it won't. Remember that there is someone out there who loves you and appreciates you and hold onto that in the times when you feel alone.
5ense
Nothing lasts forever. Things change all the time, every second of every minute of every day. You never know when something great will happen.
sspiritualityy
A friend once told me that nothing is ever permanent. Not even life. So this loneliness you're feeling is just temporary. Remember to keep a positive mind, be grateful, and take advantage of this short, yet wonderful life you have. Focus only on yourself and what you can do to become genuinely happy because only you get to decide on what goes on in your life.
uniquecreature41
You don't...unless you take a few steps to knocking it on the head for good! Loneliness is a dark empty space we all find ourselves in at various points in our life. But when we do it's crucial to recognise it and then take action to move away from it. Whether it's joining groups such as MeetUps or finding a specific interest that brings you into contact with people it's important to understand that loneliness is far too hard and life is far too brief to have to deal with for long.
SarcasticStatic
I know the feeling of loneliness won't last forever because I've been there once. Then I went to seek out help. Sometimes I still feel lonely, but I have people there for me now.
Anonymous
Look back and think of a nice conversation you had with someone. You are loved and you are not alone
Funfloor
By thinking rationally about your thought and thinking in contest with reality will be helpful for you. Try it.
Anonymous
by talking & sharing about bad stuff we can make new friends as well as renew new trust that wont make us feel lonely
MissAmarilys
Once you acknowledge that you feel loneliness, you can choose to wait it out, or fight it. If you choose to wait it out, remember that time always really heals all the wounds, but if you want to fight it, do something about it, surround yourself with positive people, do what makes you happy, try really hard to think positively. It may take time, but it will be worth it at the end.
Anonymous
August 3rd, 2015 7:42am
Feeling lonely is normal. It's not always easy to deal with, and sometimes you have to deal with it for a long time. But things do get better in time. It varies how much time it might take of course. Sometimes it's hard to tell if you are getting better over time. It's easy to linger on something. People by their nature remember highlights in their life. Generally when people are lonely, we're remembering fun or happy experiences in our past linked to what we're lonely about. Some great ways to start thinking positively is to make sure that loneliness doesn't keep us from going out an continuing to do things. It doesn't have to be anything big, little things work just fine. It's hard to say you'll never be lonely every again. But you can be lonely without it hurting as much too. Remember, there are always people out there for you if you start feeling down.
soothingsouleve63
Feelings of loneliness can seem like they will last forever. Everyone feels lonely at some point in life.
caringIceCream67
Well the feeling of lonliness is come from a feeling of being together. If you have to feel hard when you are alone, you must have experienced the joy of being connected. So obviously as time pass by and with all our efforts lonliness goes off
peacefulPond74
nothing lasts forever, life is all about busy times and lonely times. happy and sad...etc.. its a journey! and it will leave you at the end with alot of experience and alot to offer others and your own kids in the future.
introspect1ve
Nothing lasts forever. Everything passes with time, and with the help of Seven Cups of Tea as well as friends and family, you will get through it and come out stronger. No one is alone, even if they feel they are.
Anonymous
It's tough thinking that being lonely will last forever. But ONE day that feeling go away. Trust me.
You just have to have faith in yourself that you will get out of it and you will find a friend that will not let u be alone anymore.
lovinglife99
you know it wont last forever because everything will get better with time. all you have to do is give it time and things will always get better
Anonymous
It won't last forever because everyday is a new day filled with new opportunities. Let life do its job.
Humbaba
Because nothing will really last forever. If you remembered all of your tough times you went through, you probably was thinking the same thing when you were suffering. So the only way to find out whether it will last forever or not, is just to hold on, wait, and see!
colourfulwriter54
November 21st, 2017 12:49pm
Because it is a universal law that nothing lasts. Everything in the universe follows a cycle. It starts small, gets bigger and then disappears. However, you can accelerate the natural process of loneliness via activities that would fill the void in your life
HayAwake221
The way I see it, you won't find one perfect person to take away the loneliness forever. but you'll find people who take it away for a little time. Everyonce in a while, it'll go away, but then come back. And hey, when it does, learn to enjoy your own company. you'll find it to be one of the best in the world.