How do I stop waiting for my ex to want to get back with me?

Ann Brooks, MSW, LICSW

Thank you for your interest! I am a LICSW licensed in the Commonwealth of MA, NH, NJ, OR. I’m here to listen and I look forward to working with you.

Anonymous
Time and enjoying hobbies can help. By focusing on things that YOU enjoy, that help build YOU up, it will help reinforce your independence, the things that make you uniquely you, and your talents. With time, it may begin to lessen the feelings that accompany what you're currently experiencing and help you focus on other things until what you're experiencing now is less, and eventually a possible non-issue. If you cannot think of hobbies or you have some but they aren't helping, maybe you could try something new- coloring, yoga, cooking - all things that require some focus and allow room for improvement. It's great that you're reflective enough to sense it may be time to move forward. It's a great first step!
BeccaWarrior1
Its best meet new people by joining clubs, or doing things that you have interest in. Most importantly, this is a good time to take care of yourself so you can live freely.
Anonymous
Focus more yourself.Do things that make you feel wanted and loves and make you happy.Self care and love is the first step of telling yourself your done waiting for someone else to do it for you.Once you have mastered self love you can broaden your circle of friends or people you associate yourself with thus if you want another chance at love you have options.Don't avoid the topic of your ex,talking about it actually helps and when you need to.Try and convince your brain that your happiness wasn't brought by your ex alone.That you could always find someone better who won't hurt you like he/she did.