Can you forgive someone and still protect yourself from them hurting you again?

Kelly Horton, PsyD

Sometimes life can feel overwhelming due to depression or anxiety. I work with my clients in a nonjudgmental, supportive, way to find their voice and reclaim their lives.

Anonymous
yes, you can :) although it's easier said than done, I'd suggest to forgive but not forget so that you won't get hurt again. This had helped me protect myself and from making the same mistake again ^^
Blaze
Yes, it is possible! When you forgive, you might find that you don't hold grudges about what was hurting you, and you might feel free from what happened. That doesn't mean you have to forget. Sometimes it hurts too much. :( If you want to keep your distance to prevent getting hurt again for the same reasons, you have the right to do so!
amazingForest15
Yes you can. By setting go boundaries between you and the person who hurt you. Give them a chance and if they still haven't changed then it is best that you move on from this person.