How to express my feelings to my husband?

Turkey

Caglagul Turhan, Msc

Art Therapist

I believe that being aware of who a person is, will help to make the life better. I help children, adolesences, adults and parents for understanding themselves

Mine23
You could use "I feel" statement instead of pointing to what your husband did. For example, your husband didn't throw the trash after you two finish dinner and you are upset about it because of the bad smell and flies that come into the house. So instead of saying "why don't you throw the trash?! Are you expecting me to do everything in the house and serve you like a king?!" You said firmly and don't nag "It upsets me to have bad smell and a lot of flies in the house when you didn't throw the trash after dinner. I would appreciate if you could take care of this" and really DO thank him when he does that. You could apply this statement to any feelings by starting with "I feel.....when...." Your husband will not feel defensive because there is no word that attack him and will be more willing to listen to how you feel.