My wife treats me like a servant. She doesn't do anything for herself and makes me do everything, How can I bring this up without royally upsetting her?

Monique Bivins, MA, LPC

I have a real passion for helping my clients to overcome life's obstacles . My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive, and interactive.

positivitybean
You have to be honest, firm but loving. Try calmly bringing it up. How you noticed this pattern, how it makes you feel, what it means for your relationship if she keeps it up. Tell her that you don't want to blame her or fight over it but it is something that is very important for you. Remember ,if you have to walk over eggshells so she doesn't get upset and if you end up consoling her because she hurt you, that isn't normal. You shouldn't be worried about upsetting her when you have to bring this up in the first place. It just means that you aren't equals in this relationship. I hope she takes it well, if she doesn't I would suggest couples counselling to work on your communication skills. Good luck!