What do I do when I think I've cut too deep?

Amy Justice, BS, MA, LPC

My passion is to help people overcome feeling "stuck" in unhealthy patterns by facilitating real, healthy changes through self-discovery and practical applications.

Anonymous
First of all, don't panic or it will make blood flow more intense. Try to disinfect the cut and put a proper bandage on it, don't make it too tight or too loose. If you suppose it may be dangerous consider visiting a doctor immediately,
Anonymous
call an ambulance. its the safest option and theyre the only ones who know how to deal with the cut. Dont worry about what they will think of you because would have seen things far worse than this.
Maggie5632
I usually start to get very scared and anxious. I didn't really want to die and I don't want to leave my family
MajesticComposure87
I put myself in the other person's shoes. I do this with an activity I like to call "the woman in the mirror." I stand in the mirror and repeat what I said to someone else that may have been offensive. I speak it as though I am saying it to myself. This helps to understand how someone else may have felt when I spoke those words. I approach the person and offer a sincere apology for my behavior, followed by a promise not to repeat such behavior in the future.
Teddy522
Call an ambulance if you think it is an emergency and you need medical treatment right away. Apply pressure to the wound. Ring someone you trust so they can support you.
XoLilyoX
Make sure u call 999 or 911 and get to the hospital asap also please don't cut it dosent help in any way it just makes things worse I know this because I used to cut but please please please put whatever u cut yourself with down and never pick it back up
Anonymous
It can be quite scary at first when the bleeding doesn't stop, but in such a situation, remember to be calm and focussed. Collect ur thoughts and first tie a cloth over it to see if it stops the bleeding... If the bleeding doesn't stop in under 4 minutes, contact the EMS and let them know so u can be given medical help... And I would hope u stop cutting and deal with more healthy ways of coping :] Take care, stay safe and keep smiling as a smile suits u best. - Lots of hugs :]
Anonymous
If you think that you have cut too deep then seek medical help. A deep cut can get infected or worse so it is best to get it seen to.
Anonymous
If you think you may have cut too deep, you need to call 911 immediately. You could damage veins or arteries under the skin depending on the location and depth of the cut, and since I'm assuming you aren't a medical professional, you don't really know how deep you really cut until you have a doctor check it out. Deeper cuts are also more susceptible to infection, which can get you sick in the long run, as well as prevent proper healing. And, please remember, you aren't alone in your struggles, and you are loved and cared for. Stay strong.