Why didn't I start my task earlier?

Collin McShirley, LMFT

I love helping people overcome challenges with food, depression, and anxiety. My work with clients is nonjudgement, supportive, and kind.

Vatsa
Because you were too afraid of the outcomes. Most of our works remain underachieved because of the thought of failure. The key is to believe in yourself and move ahead with confidence. Results never matter but experiences do.
Zenforever2
Procrastination is totally normal, and that's okay. Just try to work on it now :) It will all be alright
Leirea
Most people would believe that procrastination is an activity for the lazy people. But there are cases wherein people equate their self-worth with the accomplishment of certain tasks - which could give them anxiety due to plausible failure. The response of the person, then, is to delay the activity itself until it's "crunch time."
Perhaps you can deal with certain task by organizing and prioritizing them. Making a list about what and how you want to do it. Planning a time and planning ahead can help.
Anonymous
This may be due to procrastination. I highly recommend you find a creative way of organising your work. Buy some new supplies and have a fresh new start to the day. Clear out your workplace and set out a plan.
Procrastination can be a habit that's not really good for you. How would u know what the outcome is until you try.
PedroMAlves1992
Maybe because you procrastinated and as such delayed the important things that should be addressed first.
KurtCups711
I'd recommend checking out Tim Urban's TED talk about procrastination. He has some great thoughts on the subject and some helpful tips. https://www.ted.com/talks/tim_urban_inside_the_mind_of_a_master_procrastinator