How can i stop being myself?

Israel

Daniela Golbert, M.A DRAMA THERAPY

Therapist

I am an expressive art therapist working from the strengths of the client, aiming to find and arouse flexibility, spontaneity and creativity in different levels of the soul.

NotDownYet
I mean this in the nicest way, but why do you want to stop being yourself? I could be that there is something you think that other people won't like about you. Whether or not that's true, as long as you aren't hurting someone else or doing something illegal, then you may be much happier if you are able to accept yourself as you are without changing who you are.
heycrysteezy
If this question comes from a place of hurt and sadness, because you've been bullied or made fun of, or hated for who you are with no other basis, then I say NEVER stop being yourself. You are you, wonderfully created and wonderfully made. However, if this is coming from a place of conscious self reflection, and you want to "stop being yourself" in the sense that you want to improve yourself, you're angry at the person you've become based on your actions or behaviours as of late, then the first step is to admit that you are not proud of what you've done or how you've acted. Own up to it, accept it, then leave it behind you, because you are on a new path now. Next comes the desire, the TRUE desire, for your own sake and your own health, not to change, but to evolve and improve. With that, the possibilities are endless, and only you can find a strategy that works for you. For me, to become a more positive person, it was a lot of writing down positive things, buying things for myself that make me happy, redecorating, lighting a candle, etc. Joining facebook groups centered around positivity and the law of attraction. That's what worked for me and continues to work for me on my journey, however, yours is your own.
BubblyDoll
You can't honey. You will always be yourself. Try to embrace who you are and your unique characteristics. If you feel that you're not a good person enough, you may change into what you like by working on yourself. But keep in mind that some things cannot be changed, like sexuality preferences.
cutieluka
You can't. I'm sorry, sweetheart, but you can't. You're you. You're not ever going to stop being you. Life is funny that way. Maybe you don't like the you you are now. That's okay. I hated the person I was a few years ago. I hated them. I wanted to stop being myself so bad, I didn't even want to exist. But I still do. You can love yourself. It's hard and scary but you can do it. You don't want to stop being yourself, baby. I wouldn't want the world to lose you.
iona
DO NOT STOP BEING YOURSELF. Be the best version of you that you can be. I promise you that whilst you may feel awful now, you'll be so pleased when one day you can wake up and feel great!
xkatienoonanx
I think you shouldn't stop being yourself. Everyone is a wonderful person inside even though they might have things going on. I see beauty in every single person as themselves
Petalbowes
I think that it depends upon how you define yourself. Although it may feel like you have lost yourself to the anxiety, you haven't, trust me. A wonderfully beautifully person is sharing that space within you with an unwanted guest. You cannot help having anxiety, you wouldn't have it if you could! You will get to know yourself again after you have gotten to know the guest and then referred them elsewhere. I had to get to know the anxious thoughts so that I could say that they didn't belong to me and then listen to my thoughts. The anxiety is shouting the loudest but there's a sweet, lovely, fabulous, warm-hearted little voice in there too who doesn't need changing at all.
KeepSmilingAlwyz
This is a difficult question to answer, considering what makes or made you feel like you want to stop being yourself? Theres moments where we question who we've become, but there's never a reason for us to stop being true to ourself and who we are. Don't let the words of anyone or let your inner doubts stop you from being who you are. :) You can always message me if you need to talk further. x
zelda7879
It is quite easy to not be yourself. Often people can make you act differently without you realizing. This is called peer pressure, and if someone you know is trying to change you for the worse, it is best to stay away from them.
Dovah
You can't, simply! You can only be yourself, you'll change, and that's totally okay and natural as we develop. It's hard to sometimes accept, when we feel like we're not good enough, but you deserve to be proud of who you are, where you've come from and who'll you become :)
Anonymous
I have this exact same problem!! I hope you find a way because I need it to. It's driving me nuts and embarrassing me in front of everyone.
Salsashark
You can't stop being yourself and this is very fortunate because you are the most important person in your life. But what you can change though is how you look at yourself, change whether you like yourself or not. You can grow, learn and transform and this is the beauty of being yourself.
Positivecharmimgcutey
http://www.mactoons.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/dr-seuss-edition-today-you-are-you-dr-seuss-picture-quotes-funny-and-inspiring-930x634.jpg
Anonymous
No, you should not stop being yourself, being yourself means accepting yourself for who you are whether you are poor, rich, have disabilities which is an amazing thing because people wish to be themselves
Anonymous
Get into the acting career. While acting, you are constantly not yourself. However, if you're not into acting, broadway stuff, etc. then I suggest you realize that you are the only one like yourself in all the billions of lightyears in this galaxy, of the billions of galaxies in this universe. You were created so unbelievably unique that it would be a shame to let that go to waste. Be yourself. You are so, *so* worth it.
Blaine62
This makes me think that you don't like yourself very much. What is it about yourself that you don't like?
AmandaPwt
Don't stop being urself. You are unique, one of a kind. Maybe you see a lot of room for improvement but nothing is completely lost, you're not completely hopeless. You're not hopeless. You have value! Even if no one else around sees it, you do. So don't ever stop being yourself, the world is huge and there are countless people in it, someone will see eventually how beautiful you really are. Don't give up on yourself because of a few people who don't appreciate you. You will always be special, if not for them, for you. You deserve happiness, don't give up until you find it, and you will find it.
serenePassion66
You can't you'll always be yourself. What you have to learn is to love yourself. Self love is a long and bumpy journey but worth it in the end.
Anonymous
If somebody made you feel like you should change, ignore them. Embrace who you are! You're unique and have people who love you for you.
Anonymous
Why would you want to stop being yourself? We are all wonderful and unqiue creatures. We all have our own talents and purpose.
Anonymous
You cannot. The more you fight yourself, the more internal conflicts will arise, the more you hide from yourself, the more internal conflicts will arise. Thich Naht Hahn says we have a suffering child inside of us, and when we look at ourselves in disdain, that child cries louder. We have to accept that we are who we are. This doesn't mean we will always be who we are now: we are as flowers unfolding, ever becoming more like ourselves. You can be the person you want to be. Start today!
Teddy522
Being yourself is one of the bravest things you can do, especially in a world full of hypocrites, conformations, and judgement. Stand up, be proud to be you, because i`m pretty sure you`re awesome ;)
DaveMcGrath
I wouldn't try to stop being yourself. Try to change small things about yourself that will lead to a healthier and more engaging lifestyle. Pick a small goal, work on it, accomplish it, and then move onto another smaller goal. You won't change yourself, but you'll end up changing small things about yourself for the better.
crushinIn003seconds
You should never stop being yourself, you are your own person. Everyone's different in their own way, looks, likes, dislikes, personality everything. Live your life how you want to live it, don't let others dictate how you should act, speak, what clothes you wear or what. That's what makes us unique and different from each other, if we were all the same then life would be boring.
jessifleming
From a young age, we are taught to be different than ourselves in order to fit in. Through the years, I have learned that no matter how hard you try, trying to be someone other than yourself never feels quite right. I have learned to admire yourself for who you are. Find good things about you. Find things you wish you could change about you. Try to find the good in these things, explore motivation for these things, and make a plan to improve upon these aspects in your life.
KurtCups711
Consider rewording this to "How can I be better at ____" or "What can I do to cope with _______" You are worthy of love and community as yourself. Wanting to improve yourself is a good thing, so is being yourself.