I feel extremely sick whenever I leave my house, what can I do?

Halayma Khatun, M.A Theology(U.K, UAE), Diploma With Distinction in Counseling

Compassionate, patient, experienced depression counselor. I use Psychodynamic counseling techniques. My counseling experience is +8 years, I counsel women.

Anonymous
Take a slow deep breath. Think of three things that make you happy. Let out that breath. Take another slow, deep breath. Think of three good things that could happen to you, or that you will do today. Let it out. Tell yourself today will be a good day, and smile.
Anonymous
Take deep breaths. I have agoraphobia too and I panic whether I leave the house. Think about something/someone that makes you happy. Take slow, small steps and keep your head held high. :)
DIBL
When you wake up, don't think about the things that you don't want to do or don't like. Think about the things you're going to do today! Think about something fun to do, something you can accomplish! If you love climbing, set a goal for climbing! If you couldn't hit your goal, don't let yourself down! Get right back at it, or take a break, and motivate yourself to completing that goal the next time you try! Moral of the story; Don't give up! As an example: I love drawing, so whenever I think of something new to draw, I jump right at the idea, and set a goal for myself to make it look awesome. Although I might hit some bumps, although I might doubt myself at times, I'll think to myself that nothing can stop me from completing my goal, if I don't stop trying. So don't stop trying, get back up, and accomplish your goal! When you accomplish that goal, you're going to feel like you're on the top of the world, and nothing beats that. That way, when you leave your house, you know that you are going to work towards something amazing. YOU are accomplishing that goal, YOU are accomplishing it, nobody else, and regardless of what might get in your way. This will help you build up confidence, and brush away the bad thoughts and feelings. If you ever feel like you can't get back up, when you feel down, and when you feel like trying again won't help, talk to a listener! We'll grab you by the arm and help you lead yourself to the goal that you want to reach.
Balls
If you can't think of a reason why you're feeling sick then concentrate on that. Know that you are getting the sick feeling over nothing and hopefully that will calm you down a bit. Otherwise if that doesn't work, try taking something with you to occupy your mind, like music from your phone or and new app to play around with. It doesn't have to be something electronic, even a book or something similar will hopefully occupy you enough to lessen the sickness.
TheBuddy
Take baby steps. Go somewhere very close by and PRAISE yourself for the smallest accomplishments. If you make it to the car that's awesome. If you drive 500 feet, even better! If you drive 5 minutes to the grocery store, throw a party! Blow it out of proportion and give yourself credit for what might seem like a small accomplishment. It's truly a HUGE accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself for even trying!
SweetFace12
You can change your perception of the environment. Think positively about the things you do and go to, and look at the beauty of everything. You can also try to have someone with you and try to distract yourself with communication or other activities.
Baker16
Identifying the cause of your sickness could be helpful. I struggled with severe morning sickness recently and I discovered that staying well hydrated and eating smaller and frequent meals was helpful. Perhaps if your sickness is caused from anxiety seeking out a listener could be helpful and of course it is important to see your GP to get to the bottom of this and ensure you are not suffering from any illnesses that need care and attention. I hope you're feeling better soon.
ListeningBunny22
There are two things involved here. It's either you're meant to go out more often to reduce the sickness phase or just stay indoors and have friends come over. And your mindset, it's probably you telling yourself that you'll fall sick when you leave your house, and when you actually do, it happens. Your Mindset.
Anonymous
I'm sorry you're feel sick when you leave your house. Often our anxieties can manifest physically (Although there is a slim possibility you are allergic to something outside your house.) Do you feel sick everywhere outside of your house? How often do you leave your house? What kinds of things do you enjoy doing outside of your house? When did this reaction start happening? How strongly do you feel sick when it happens? These are all good starting points to ask yourself. The better you understand the anxiety around this challenge, the easier it will be for you to overcome it. If you are afraid of a responsibility or judgement outside of the house - examine why and what you can do to feel better about that. If you are developing agoraphobia, an untrained suggestion might be to take baby steps; ie: stand in your doorway for five seconds, then stand outside in front of the door next time; go outside specifically for something rewarding; ask a friend to bring you an ice cream 3 feet away from the door;. Listen to your body and try to remain calm and objective. Reach out to a professional therapist or doctor if you are still struggling after trying these things and it is interfering with your daily life.
DrumDude
Can you stop and sit with your experience for a moment? If it's not too scary, ask yourself what is happening when you leave the house. "Where does it hurt?" as the doctor would say, hah. Is there physical pain or discomfort? What is the nature of the pain? Is there mental or emotional pain? When we observe our own experience it can sometimes feel less threatening than when it's a big, scary monster we can't look at.
Harry53
If you feel extremely sick whenever you leave your house it's possible that there is something in the environment that is causing you to feel this way. For example, you may be allergic to the pollen in the air. It would be a good idea for you to see your doctor for a medical check-up. If nothing medically is wrong it's possible there are psychological factors causing you to feel this way. In that case, seeing a mental health professional should be considered.
aListeningEarReady2Hear
Work your way up to going to places....might just try taking small walks first,then try going to the library....then small stores.... Work your way up to going where it's crowded . 💛
Kayaondra02
It sounds like you have anxiety. Try going out with someone your comfortable, or safe with. Usually when you are with someone you trust, you have better control over it. It lets you feel safe and secure.
endearingLove14
Try playing Pokémon Go, it's proven to be beneficial to people who get anxious when they are outside their house. Hopefully the game will distract you enough to believe you're in a movie and not outside the house.
Anonymous
Sometimes it helps to breathe deeply and take notice of your surroundings, smells and sounds. Listening to music with headphones can make the situation worse, as it is an avoidance tactic and will make you more anxious of leaving the house in the future.
Gracerenee
I can't necessarily give any advice on this topic as I am not a medical professional. However, I would suggest pinpointing the cause of the sick feeling and taking measures to prevent it in the future. If it is serious or could become serious, it may be wise to seek help from a medical expert.
bdeslaur
March 23rd, 2017 12:48pm
If you're sick with fear of the unknown, the best thing to do is do it one step at a time. Maybe walk around the block first. Then maybe go a bit farther. Then you can keep going further and further until you get used to it.
GivingstonTreegull
Well you can start by asking yourself why? Anxiety is a tricky thing but it can almost always be helped! Try to figure out what exactly it is that scares you about leaving the house. Then determine if it is a real threat or just a fear of a threat. Chances are you are just working yourself up. Try turning leaving the house into a positive experience little by little and perhaps soon it won't bother you at all!
Angel1011208
well, you have to know what the root of the problem is first, this could be an allergic reaction or social anxiety, either way, going to see a doctor never hurts!
Peyton1212
Experiencing social anxiety is common for a lot of people! You're not alone. If you feel this way try and focus on how much fun you've had before. If you're going out with friends, strike up a conversation to distract yourself. You can always visit 7 cups to talk to someone before you go out and receive some assurance!
CerberusHound
It would be a good idea to go to a hospital and have a professional exam you. You can only make things worse by doing nothing and continuing to avoid going to get checked out.
Flawlessinsanity21
It may be something you could talk to your doctor about? I'm not sure what you could do to help that, I'm not entirely sure what it is. But talking to your doctor might be a really good idea.
sereneKitty29
I drink some fruit juices and listening to some soothing music helps.Also I make sure i am comfortable with surroundings.
rachtale
Take a moment to breathe, take a water bottle with you and you can listen to your music whilst outside, take it all one step at a time.
SquishyRaspberries
If you feel ill when leaving your house, you likely have a psychological condition that would be helped by a medical professional. There are several different therapies to treat agoraphobia and similar conditions and they have been very effective.
Anonymous
If you feel extremely sick whenever you leave your house, it sounds like you have social anxiety. You can try exercises to help with that and take it slow.
Anonymous
Talk to your doctor about it. If anything they can help you figure out why you are feeling like that.
Anonymous
If you feel that all the time, then you should go get it checked out at the doctors. Don't prolong it because you never know what could happen to you. Better to be safe than sorry
HopieRemi
What makes you feel sick when you leave the house ? Is this sickness followed by anxiety? What kind of sickness do you feel when you leave the house? What have you done so far to try to relieve the sickness? What has worked and what has not worked? What can you try? Have you considered therapy yet? Has it reached that point?
Anonymous
Try to fond out the cause of anxiety that you feel now.. It would be helpful to talk to a therapist and come to a suitable reason and therapy for overcoming this..