I dreamt about kissing someone of the same-sex, what does it mean ?

Collin McShirley, LMFT

I love helping people overcome challenges with food, depression, and anxiety. My work with clients is nonjudgement, supportive, and kind.

IAmSherlocked123
It doesn't have to mean anything. Everyone has dreams they can't explain every once in a while. You can't control the things you dream. It could mean that you're LGBT, but it doesn't necessarily have to be that way.
JayaJr626
This is really common. If you identify as a straight person, this kind of dream doesn't necessarily mean you are lgbtq+ or have lgbtq+ desires in your real, awake, life. The dream world allows you explore the full scope of your sexuality, but doesn't necessarily reflect on your actions irl. I wish you the best of luck
LotusFriend
Dreams are reflections of what we see when we're awake. If you saw two people kissing (or kissed someone yourself), your brain stored the memory. If you saw someone of the same sex, your brain stored that memory too. Then, when you were asleep, your brain processed the memories by mashing them all together in a dream. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but if you feel you'd want to do that in real life, then it might mean you have a bigger dating pool than you originally thought.
Anonymous
Your dreams don't really mean anything, It could just be a compressed thought you have been having and you keep form thanking about but while your sleeping that thought comes up and it can explain why
Maybe nothing, or maybe that was a signal of something deeper. It all depends on how that makes you feel, and how do same-sex fantasies feel when you're awake. Does that make you feel good? Is it something you woukd like? Is it the same for the opposite gender? Only by asking yourself what these fantasies feel like when you're awake you'll be able to determine who you are.
Lior
Dreaming is a dream. It's something our mind see in an uncontrollable sort of fantasy. Even people who experienced same-sex kissing sometime still consider themselves hetero. Like every other thought or dream, it's a fantasy, it doesn't have to mean anything or say about anything that we actually want to do. People dream about murder, monsters, and so many other weird things, so same-sex kiss in a dream means only what you think it means, but it's still an uncontrollable thought of the mind.
Anonymous
Sometimes dreams are weird and don't mean anything. But it's not excluded that you may like that person
YouAreBeutiful
It can mean many different things. It could mean that you were just dreaming and your mind randomly came up with it, you may like this person, or you may actually like the same-sex. Don't jump to conclusions, this could just be random.
Anonymous
It doesn't mean anything until you do it. If you like it then you might be into the same sex but if you hate it you might still be straight. You might also be bisexual. Don't worry its not a bad thing .
Anonymous
It can mean nothing and everything at the same time but it's nothing to worry about! At some point in your life you might feel attracted to someone of the same-sex as you or even just start wondering how it would be to have something with that person (physically) but that doesn't mean you are gay/bi, sometimes is just a normal case of curiosity.
Anonymous
September 2nd, 2015 11:51am
It doesn't mean anything. many people ussually do have such dreams. don't overthink. its not a big deal.
Anonymous
It's quite common for this to happen to people. Dreams often lead to odd things which may not mean anything, but it could also mean that you have an attraction to someone of the same sex. Give yourself time to figure it out (:
FridaBy
It can mean a lot of things i think, maybe you're bi, maybe you're gay, or maybe you're just curious. Who knows, give it a though!
eleanor0610
All it means is that you dreamed about kissing someone of the same-sex. It's okay. Perhaps, in your waking life, you're questioning your sexuality - this is also okay. You don't have to put a label on your sexual preferences, unless you want to. You're in control.
RebeccaH
It means you had a dream! We all dream about lots of things, and I don't believe they have any real significance. Our brains just file away things from the day, and this presents to us as dreams. I dream about flying around and being a superhero, but that doesnt mean I actually want to be one. Similarly, I sometimes dream that I am being chased by monsters and when they catch me they turn me into one of them and then we all have tea together. In a bathtub. On a cloud. Dreams are weird, and fun, and don't really mean anything! :)
RocketClouds
It can mean a lot of things, maybe questioning your sexuality or craving human affection in general. It is nothing much to worry about, it's best to keep a look out when you're awake and observe what can possibly cause the dream.
Anonymous
It's hard to say what dreams mean - possibly nothing, possibly something significant. It this context - though I don't know the details - I would guess that it indicates some sort of attraction or, at least, curiosity about attraction towards someone of the same-sex.
Anonymous
If you dreamed, it can mean you are gay/ lesbian/ etc. But it can also mean nothing. Dreams are very abstract things, but sometimes they can reveal things even yourself is unaware.
Anonymous
I've had a dream about kissing someone of the same-sex as well, and though I know now that I'm homosexual, it could be just a dream:) I've had a dream I was also chased by an army of angry wasp-men, and that thankfully hasn't happened! It could be only a dream, or it could mean that you're questioning your sexuality
Anonymous
Oh, I see. It sounds harmless, to me. How did that make you feel? Is this something that you've thought about before?
Anonymous
It could mean nothing....or it could mean something....what matters is how it made you feel.....those are the feelings you should look more into rather than a dream.
Anonymous
It means that you are a perfectly normal person and your subconscious is just like everyone else's. I once had a dream in which I had an orgy with the Twilight Cast. I wouldn't think to much into this AT ALL.
PrettyCandles
I think it's not so important about the content of the dream in itself, what is more important is your response to it. How did it make you feel? Do you worry about being gay or bisexual? Or is this a useful way to explore some inner curiosity? Or did it feel wrong?
JigglyFluff
That only depends on you and your feelings. Sexuality is a spectrum and you shouldn't be afraid to explore it. A dream may be just a dream or it may reflect something that you already feel, try experimenting a bit.
Schmaylor
It might mean something, but it might not. Dreams can often cause a lot of confusion, especially sexual. You might despise someone, then the next minute, you might find yourself having a sexual dream about them. Does that mean you don't really despise them? Probably not, but who's to rule out other possibilities? I think this dream is a good prompt to think about your sexuality, but I don't think we should base your sexuality on the fact that you had this dream. There are a lot of other ways to determine what you like.
Anonymous
It does not mean that you are gay or lesbian(though being a homosexual is not a bad thing). Sometimes, we tend to see things which are somehow there in our sub-conscious maybe because we saw it somewhere or read about it. Though it may not be too actively playing in our mind. So just relax and don't read too much into the dream.
Jbendel
It could mean that you are questioning your sexuality, which is perfectly natural. Don't be afraid of what others think to try. See what it feels like to kiss someone of the same-sex. It doesn't mean you are LGB necessarily. It just allows you to expand your horizon to see if it is something that you like.
Anonymous
It could mean that you may have feelings for someone of the same gender, but there are a whole range of things that it could mean.
Probius
It doesn't have to mean anything. But, what could it mean? It could mean that you are a homosexual, it could mean that you are bi-sexual, it could mean that you are just curious, it could mean nothing at all. It's hard to say, and the circumstances are important to answering this kind of question.
Laena
It means you had a dream about something. Have you ever dreamed about something completely absurd and nonsensical? Do you think those dreams meant anything? If you're regularly having thoughts about members of the same sex, you may want to explore that. There are plenty of listeners on 7 cups who are happy to listen to you while you talk about it.