How do you know what you're feeling?

Michael Hofrath, Ph.D. Candidate

The only way to the other side of pain is to walk through it rather than around it. Life is a continual journey. Sometimes we get stuck. I will help you get unstuck!

Anonymous
You have to observe your emotional patterns. Try keeping track of what you're feeling and when you want to know your emotion, think back to previous case. That helps me a lot.
Anonymous
I believe feelings serve a function whether to communicate, motivate or validate. Sometimes it helps to talk to someone to help you organize what you're feeling.
PashT007
How do you feel? Sometimes we have feelings that we can't express, felling that only we know exist. It's normal. Cope with these feelings and try to keep yourself from having these feelings.
AmeliaPond17
I take a long shower and collect my thoughts. Sometimes I need to look at a piece of paper with emotions on it, and pick the one I am feeling.
amiableAmy
Lots & lots of self reflection. Think about what events are provoking these feelings & why they are making you feel a specific way. You can brainstorm words to describe your feelings until you find ones that feel accurate.
Anonymous
I can know what I'm feeling through my senses . Senses automatically informs me what I'm going through.
AliciaJ
Trust your gut instincts! Spend some time alone to analyse your emotions, eg labelling them, and identifying what makes you feel that way. Be familiar with the feelings so that you'll know the next time :)
Quinzel241
Sometimes it is really hard to express what you may be feeling! I have found that looking up lists of feelings words has really helped. Also, it takes some time! Sometimes you really have to sit and think about what you are feeling, talk it out with yourself. At first you may think that you are feeling sad, but after some thought you realize that you are actually lonely, or bored!
Take your time to consider what you are feeling when u have the chance. It will not be easy but this things takes time and effort.
SAIL272727
Sometimes I don’t. I try to find the root of my emotions before I make a final decision on my feelings.