I find myself thinking of people as useless and tedious. What's wrong with me?

Amelia Winsby, PsyD

I often work with clients who experience a wide range of emotions and difficulties. I am non-judgmental and enjoy working with individuals from all walks of life.

aestheticmind
Probably things are not going according to your way. Neither you nor other people are capable of solving the situation going around you. So you are a developing this tendency to find them useless.
Maybe because you have been upset by people one too many times that you feel its a waste of time to entertain them because it will just end up the same way at the end.
Anonymous
Nothing's wrong with you. You probably just need some time off from people. You know, sometimes, it's best to be away from people.
Anonymous
It maybe because no one understands you, It also maybe because people have hurt you, maybe badly hurt you, It also maybe that you are stubborn and dont give value to what others say. It also maybe that people around you are stubborn, expect many things from you and dont listen to what you have to say,
lovingLynx89
You have a desire to widen your horizons, it makes you frustrated that those around you may not understand. Your approach is a little off, modify it. People are different, that's what makes us unique. Stay focused on your life and work to make it better. Smile in the process.
KindBean2002
I don't think people treat you the way you deserve to be treated like. Nothing is wrong with you. I think you have to think of stenghts you have.
livefree24
nothing is wrong with you. you are human. humans have different, out of the blue thoughts like that all the time.. what drives those thoughts is what matters
Tiffany88
If you think that of others, how do you think of yourself? Perhaps you feel like you are never doing enough. This is known as projection.
Vilyuubi
People tend to feel like this when they're not productive often. But don't worry it's not just you. Society puts pressure on everyone to reach some standards. Though if you cannot handle it then try doing something that will make you feel useful. Exercise is a common thing to start with.
Anonymous
Nothing is wrong with you. It seems you are a bit frustrated with people. Why do you think people are doing to make you feel this way? Do you share the same interests?
plushPicture89
Nothings wrong with you, we all go through these phases and sometimes we might just not have the right friendship group at that specific time.
shinystars26
It may be because you feel useless and see that condition in other people. Or maybe you're feeling depressed. It's normal to think people is tedious and uselsess when you're depressed.
cristiana33
Ask yourself what expectations you have from people and try to adjust them as you learn more about each and everyone's situation. Such thoughts can also be influenced by your current mood.
sheenaelisan
I'm sorry you're feeling that way, I can relate. Maybe consider practicing some exercises that will help with thoughts that make you feel something is wrong with you. We have great resources here, let me check with my mentor for guides that you can read if you'd like. Then, we can discuss what you learned 😊 let me know!
Anonymous
Someone's getting cyncial! People are tedious, it's true - but statistically, not all of them can be! Maybe the people you associate with most are super tedious - maybe it's time to find people who you can actually have a good conversation with!
Anonymous
Such feelings of unworthiness are often a result of certain thought patterns and situations you experienced. Try to focus on things you are able to do and things you have done well :)
Anonymous
There is nothing wrong with you. Sometimes other people can be frustrating as we can't know what they're thinking or what their intentions are. Try to keep an open mind and put yourself in their situation, but don't feel like you have to be around other people all the time. It's perfectly normal to want to be alone sometimes as dealing with just yourself can be easier than dealing with other people.
mySong
Nothing's wrong with you. As an introvert myself, I tend to think along those same lines when people get on my nerves but that's just because of the way introverts are wired, being around people is a tedious and stressful process and most times, we just label them as useless and annoying because we can't understand or handle them.
SpiritAlchemistAlexandra
Anything negative that one thinks towards another comes from one's own inner pain. If you feel others are useless and tedious, then it is likely that you yourself have been made to feel that way in the past, perhaps by parents, and you harbour an inner resentment and pain because of this. You then reflect it out onto others as a way to cope; but the real way to cope is letting go of the past wounding.
HopieRemi
What makes you think that there has to be something wrong with you? How does it feel when you find yourself thinking that people are useless and tedious? What brings these feeling on? What can you do to avoid thinking this way if at all possible?
GuidingLight1492
Try to look for the good in people. Instead if looking at their negatives, look at their positives. It will hopefully help you think more positive about them. Hope this helps!
thoughtfulPomegranate86
Nothing is wrong with you, you are not required to get along or look up to everyone you meet. A lot of people find people boring, And if they are boring to you they are not going to be a source or stimulation or amusement. But it doesn't mean everyone is like that :)
TheTripleS719
You might feel that way about yourself, so you feel the need to lash out and make others feel that way too.
2cupsofteaa
Perhaps there have been a few people in your life that have made you feel that way through bad interactions with them?
Anonymous
I think, to some extent, we all do it. For me, I know that when I feel that way, it's because life is becoming the same old and I am bored with myself so I bring others down so I can feel better. Other times, I feel like my life is moving and everyone is just dragging in comparison. It could just be a distraction from thinking about yourself and your worth, perhaps...?
ennaeyx
There's nothing wrong with you, I understand your sentiment. You sound frustrated at other people. Have you tried talking with your friends about this?
funnyHeart83
October 22nd, 2016 11:51am
Perhaps you haven't clicked with anyone in a while or maybe you might not be in an environment that suits you. What are your feelings about yourself?
scotty4947
It's never a positive or good start to think something is wrong with you. Maybe you are just very different from everyone, and that's okay! From my experience, I have seen people who I can't get along with because we don't have any of the same interests. It's quite possible that you haven't found anyone, yet. Don't think something is wrong with you because you have different views as many people. Think of yourself as unique instead.
Anonymous
I was going through the same situations a lot of time. By helping others, by listening their problems ang by helping them out from the eorse situation it will definetly help me to understand myself more.
Anonymous
Nothing's wrong with you, Maybe people haven't been treating you right. You just need someone to show you that they can be of use and no bother you a lot.