I am so angry about everything in my life right now that it's causing me to lose sleep and function oddly. What can help me release these bad feelings so that I can sleep better at night?

Angela Serritella, LCSW , CADC

Mental Health is a journey of learning to understand yourself, thoughts, and emotions. I feel that this is a journey that is best taken with support.

SunFlower700
There are many ways to release those feelings. Talking with a friend or with a listener on 7cups, making some musical noise, record a song that express your feelings, taking a long hot or cold shower, writing your feelings on a paper, drawing, exercising, doing some meditation or even chewing a gum. You will know what works best for you by trying. I hope that will help
Anonymous
Anger can destroy a person, it is good that you have realized that this anger is doing bad to you rather than good. Talk to someone about how u are feeling. Get into activities that can help you ease the anger.
Wanderess22
You need to calm down first of all. I know it is not easy, but have you ever realised that it is usually us who complicate things? List down the things which make you exhausted and angry. Write your feelings in a diary and never look back. Go hang out with your loved ones. Catch up with your old friends. Exercise. Honestly, releasing negative energy through exercise is the best remedy. Keep yourself hydrated. Give yourself a break. Take spa or something. Even if you are distressed, try seeing a therapist. Seeing a professional is never harmful. Take care!
Bestyou87
Journaling on why you are angry can help. Ask questions on why you feel angry and what is driving the anger.
Talk to an expert therapist about managing your emotions
Amazing help and very sweet
Reviewed Sep 21, 2020

Read more about Managing Emotions in our Managing Emotions Forums