Sometimes I'm happy and in a second I feel deeply sad without an apparent reason, why?

Shauna Thompson, MA Professional Counselling

I provide support & guidance to encourage personal and emotional growth regardless of the problem. My approach is relaxed & attentive to the specific needs of my clients

TacoSoup
Perhaps you suffer from manic depression like myself, or you may just have the human anxieties and problems that have hurt us since the beginning of time. Like Solomon's ring says "This too shall pass."
niceComfort63
November 22nd, 2016 1:19am
Bipolar is a mental sickness that affects your moods. Generally you have two moods you are either depressed or happy. For me personal I prefer to stay in one mood I have learned that my happy always leads to a sad and a sad mood is easier to manage than a happy. Once you are happy you are bound to be sad. Try to keep your life as normal as possible.
mutter3
There are actually three types of bipolar disorder. The third is bipolar nos. This type cause extreme rapid cycling. Maybe this is what you are experiencing?
MaeFlower78
This is called rapid cycling. Everyone with bipolar has different cycling periods. And it can constantly change. Sometimes i cycle so rapidly that i can't keep a stable emotion for even a minutes (true story my parents would totally agree). Other times you can cycling more slowly (for example months at a time). Medication can help ease the intensity of these manic and depressed feelings/episodes. I've personally found that i feel extremely on edge and insane on my rapid cycling days. I feel like i cant control myself and it feels like everything is out of reach for me. Like i don't get a say. My medication makes these feelings not so intense and crazy and out of control but i still experience cycling.
Anonymous
I believe being happy one minute and then deeply sad the next is part and parcel of a bipolar disorder characterized by mood swings. These abrupt changes in emotion are difficult to deal with and sometimes hard for others to understand. Depending on whether you have Bipolar I or Bipolar II, the types of swings will vary. Bipolar I patients can become extremely manic, or one might say “happy”. The next minute there inflated happy mood will crash and they can have a difficult time getting out of bed. Bipolar II people are less manic and more on the depressive side. They have more difficulty getting out of a depressed frame of mind, thinking clearly and positively. All bipolars experience mood swings for no apparent reason.