When do I know it's the right time to see a professional for my anxiety?

Stacy Overton, PhD.

I am an enthusiastic life-long learner and also a professor of counseling. I have a passion for peoples stories and helping to guide and empower the human spirit.

peacefulHug92
When anxiety is interfering with your daily life, and stopping you from doing things you want to do, it is best to seek help from a professional ❤
Anonymous
When it affects your life in any way. Once it begins hurting you(even slowly or indirectly) its best to see somebody.
SohnisSpotofSunshine
This is a great question. To be honest, sometimes all it takes is talking to a friend, an adult you trust, a mentor, etc. Other times, you need the kind of help that can only be conducted by professionals. It's the right time to see a professional for anxiety when you feel that you need the kind of help that cannot be alleviated by talking to someone who is just a friend. Remember, you're strong and there's nothing wrong with consulting a professional. If you truly feel that going to a professional is the right thing to do, go for it :)
warmSong4671
If you are feeling suicidal or homicidal it is important to seek a professional. If you feel as though the person who you are speaking with has not changed your thoughts even though they are being kind it is good to see a professional. Always remember it’s okay to seek the help you need and never feel guilty for not being able to feel helped by someone else. If you are feeling like hurting yourself you should seek a professional. And if your anxiety is effecting you in ways you cannot understand nor can your listener it is important to see a professional.