When should you seek medical attention for anxiety?

Maryna Svitasheva, PhD. RP

Psychotherapy I provide is based on a dialog and your active intention to look for a solution with the therapist's assistance

Erynn
In my experience, psychiatric help is useful when my anxiety won't go away, is impacting my daily life, and I've been trying to use coping skills but it's just not getting better. If someone has persistent, high-level anxiety that interferes with their daily life they might benefit from professional help.
AngelWuffs
You should speak with a medical professional if your anxiety is effecting your everyday life in a negative way, such as: 1. When your anxiety is affecting your physical health (Tension headaches, muscle pain/twitching, dizziness, ...) 2. When your anxiety is affecting your work (Missing work due to anxiety, trouble performing the normal tasks of your job, frequently calling in late, ...) 3. When your anxiety is affecting your relationships (Constant worrying about or avoiding friends/family/romantic partner, ...) 4. When you are attempting to self medicate (Using drugs or alcohol to reduce anxiety, ...) 5. When anxiety is causing you to miss out on life (Feeling scared, isolated, and trapped on a daily basis, not doing things you enjoy due to anxiety, ...) Never feel scared to get help! Your life may change for the better and you deserve to be happy, have the support you deserve and enjoy life!
MidnightRaven999
If your anxiety is starting to affect your life, making it harder to do certain things like work, school, and even hanging out with friends, it might be time to talk to a doctor about getting medicine to treat your anxiety.
Yocan18
I think you should seek medical attention for anxiety when it is impairing functioning in you daily life when it stops you from making money, or socializing to the degree that you want to . I believe that Cognitive therapy is probably the best solution for anxiety Sometimes just telling a person about your symptoms can be a big relief. There are many good youtube videos on anxiety as well There's a good book called "Peace from Nervous Suffering by Claire Weekes that has helped me on many occasions It tells you to first accept the symptoms you are feeling if they are thoughts write them down, if they are physical describe them then accept them afterwards let time pass sometimes this works and other times you may need more professional help