I was a bully . The past keeps haunting me even though I apologized. What should I do?

Tanyia Hughes, Adv Dip Psy

Psychotherapist

I have been through a lot in life too, which helps me to be able to empathize with situations, thoughts and feelings that we have. Sometimes, it's not easy just being human.

mysticmagic
if it's other people that keep bringing it up- just prove them you have changed. and before you can really change you need to let it go yourself
supportiveBalloon58
Live your life the best you can be. Try to distract yourself with something else, but if that doesn't help, try to make up for it. Be really kind to people. Do favors for them.
Anonymous
There's no point in apologizing when you're not accepting the sorry, yourself. You gotta forgive yourself, first. Hopefully, everything will be alright then. :)
ashtonistranstion1
your knew your mistakes and you were able to live up to them thats the best it will haunt you but make sure you do everythingin your power to help other when they are being bullied
Anonymous
September 22nd, 2020 4:27am
Being ashamed of your past only means that you have grown from it. It means that you are able to look back at your past actions and reflect on it and see that you have become better than that now and that you understand why what you did was wrong. It is normal to still feel bad about past actions but it is important to also realise that it happened in the past. No one is perfect, everyone has made mistakes in their life. You should feel proud that you were able to admit to your wrongs and apologize.
Anonymous
You should forgive yourself and move forth. I was bullied and I have forgiven my bullies. As long as you have learned a lesson in the process. You know that it was wrong and you now know better. Some bullies don't even acknowledge that what they did was wrong and they move forward like it's nothing. You are able to advise somebody who bullies others because you know better. You can even maybe go to your local community hall and address the negative impact of bullying and you can also tell them that you used to be a bully but now you are a better person so that the light can keep on lighting, so that there is less hate in this world.
Anonymous
August 2nd, 2021 10:27pm
You know what you did and who you did it to. The first thing is you have admitted that you did wrong and how it has made you feel terrible in later years. Have you ever considered checking in those people you hurt in the past? Perhaps you could attempt to absolve those sins by apologizing or perhaps write your younger self a letter. You could explain how awful you were and how you now feel awful about it. I just think you have to try not hating yourself for it anymore. You have said sorry but you need to know that you are a better person now.