Why did they pick me out of all people to bully?

Ken Thom, LPC

I believe that emotional dys-regulation is the underlying cause of all mental health challenges. I help people regulate their emotions and then begin their healing journey

tranquilStar13
For me, they think I am "different" from them. They perceive this word as a manner of not indulging to what they want and say. When I had told those scenarios depicting the latter to my friends, almost all of them would tell me, these people want to bring you down to the ground, to an abyss of eternal suffering. One thing that I could say to you my friends is be yourself, and I ensure you will be of joyous days.
admirableParadise40
This happens because you are a better person than your bullies, and your bullies know it and hence they are jealous of you. There is no need to blame yourself, you are fine the way you are. Be strong, Stay strong.
MrWhiteSuit17
December 22nd, 2015 11:26pm
I've often found that the people that unfortunately get bullied are the ones that have the most interesting lives. They are usually passionate about something the others don't understand or have interests they feel strongly about. A lot of bullies act out because they don't have that sort of passion and lash out in physical and abusive ways. Report any mistreatment of bullying, but remember that you offer something special that they could only dream of having.
Anonymous
Maybe, because you seem to be a person with a low self esteem. You, may not be confident about yourself.
ZiggyStardust44
Because you're different, you're special, you have this life force that none of them have. You weren't afraid to be yourself and they hate that, because they're all sheep, copying each other all the time from the way they dress, speak, act, they don't have a personality. They are intimidated when someone like you shows up and they want to take that personality away from you. Do not ever let them win.
Anonymous
They're jealous of you. You might hear this a lot, but it's true! Maybe is because you're smart, pretty, or are talented at something they're not. Think of this: when you pick flowers, which ones do you pick? The prettiest ones.
Anonymous
I always question myself why they chose me am i not pretty enough am i not skinny enough am i not good enough for u :(
SoulEmbrace8
For many random reasons maybe their jealousy,sickness or you allowing them to do so by looking weak.. STAY STRONG and don't let that affect you.. This too shall pass..
aestheticallylazy
November 21st, 2017 5:38am
Bullies usually pick people who are weaker than them so that they feel superior. To stop this, you've got to tell someone and stand up for yourself.
Vheax
There is no telling why people bully certain people. Some people do it to fit in and some people do it because they are insecure of you. Either way, it is a wrong thing to do and should be put to a stop. I used to bullied until I realized that I had to be strong for myself and I should show them how strong I can be in order for them to stop underestimating me. Somehow and at some point, we need to stop embracing and inhabiting being a push-over since that only gives them more advantage it will only make the bullies feel so much more powerful.
TranquilSkies
Maybe there is something within you that they envy the most because that particular trait of you is one of their hopeless despairs.
kindBubbles47
You must seem like an "Easy target"... It may be because they get the reaction they want when they bully you.
readerandwriter
From experience, I know that many times it is because they are jealous of something you have that they don't.
dalya123
Bullies struggle more and have a dark past and they think that if they hurt people , they are going to feel better but that is not correct. Firstly, jealousy is the main cause they are trying to bring you down but you have to stand up for yourself and be strong, they picked you because of something in you they wish they had or they just want to do that to bring you down
calmLove29
because you are above them all. they want to put you down so they can stand in your place.
RosesForever
People walk all over you when they feel bad about themselves, when they're trying to make themselves feel better. They look for the people who are gentle hearted and who seem innocent and naive, because those are the people they wish they were like.
SupportiveSockMonkey
There is no rhyme or reason why someone is selected for bullying. the only person who will know why is the person bullying you. It may be because they are insecure and you may have those qualities. Just remember you are stronger than them.
LadyUnderGrace
Because bullies tend to pick on small people in stature or on those that do not have many friends. Bullies are searching for the attention & enjoy getting the attention by bulling others.
starryDreamer93
They picked me because of a certain personality that I have. I like to keep myself to myself and not get involved with anyone unless they need help. Bit of a mug I think I am.
Teddy522
A bully may pick on someone with a particular trait or characteristic that they themselves feel embarrassed or ashamed about. A bully`s actions may also be fueled by jealousy and internal conflict.