Could my house be the source of my sadness? Whenever I'm away I'm happy. When I think about going to my house, I feel sad again.

Christina Hussami, MSW, LCSW

Strengths-based, solution-focused therapist focusing on helping clients find life balance and navigating down their own path leading towards overall well-being.

WarmWriting98
Your house might be the cause of your sadness, it could be in association with bad memories that happened in or around the house. All that is simply speculation and theory and i have no evidence to back up my claim. I would like to know if i am right so if this analysis/theory has peaked your interest then talk to me further, i am here to listen and to attempt to guide in any way i can and that you will allow. If i am not the listener for you then please refer to any of the other lovely listeners at 7 cups
Peppens
It sounds like you enjoy the outdoors, exploring what the world has to offer, and making the most out of life. From my personal experience, being at home used to make me feel trapped, because the thought of being by myself was tough; But going outside and taking it all in always made me happy.
Anonymous
There seems to be something at or about your house causing your sadness. Could it be a past event your experienced at the house or a person perhaps?
moonchild29
Yes. I feel like that too, somewhat. I dare to guess you have an unsolved problem at home. Either with the people you live with, or just the overall situation or anything.
Erato
It can be. It may be because a specific person you live with, something that has happened in the past, or any other factor that has impacted you. It would be better to identify and pinpoint the cause so you'd know how to handle this sadness whenever you're at home.
Anonymous
It may be something within your house that makes you feel this way. Any bad experiences or relationships can make a normally comfortable place feel toxic and make it difficult to feel sad and happy. Identifying what makes you feel this way, may help you get through any anxieties you feel at home.
delicateParadise63
That is possible, but I think this situation calls for a more nuanced approach to the house. What are the people, places, and things associated with being at home? In what ways do your experiences at your house differ from those you have when you're away from your house? Could there be negative or even traumatic experiences associated with your house that you have not yet dealt with? It is important to consider the answers to each of these questions in depth, so that you can uncover the real source of your sadness regarding the house and work towards either eliminating your triggers or emotionally preparing yourself for them.
Anonymous
Yes, absolutely. I think that a lot of people associate their home with sadness. I've also felt this way at times.