I have absolutely no friends, no love interests, and I feel really lonely and depressed. I am also very shy. How do I even meet people or make friends?

Linda Miland, MA

I have a passion to help individuals address and challenge thoughts ,feelings and lifestyle factors that are contributing to mental health issues.

hopedreamlove
Be patient! It can take time to find friends, but don’t give up up hope! You can try meeting people who might gafe similar interests to you by attending events directed to people with certain interests. You can also try making online friends if that’s something you want to do. There are lots of different chat groups on the internet where you can meet people and chat. If you are really shy, it might help to start off taking to one person before putting yourself in a huge social group. Just remember that it’s okay not too have a gigantic group of friends if you don’t want too, sometimes a few very close friends can be better.
HyenaEmbrace
You should try to visit some hobby related activity groups! You surely have some interests and being in a group of people that share them will make making friendships that much easier. :)
Anonymous
It takes time to learn how to develop social skills especially if you are not equipped with them from the beginning. Just hang in there. Go out to local coffee shops, gyms, other social events and start with a simple: 'Hi!'