Ik i sound like a scared little kid but i am is it ok to just text my parents that im depressed i dont want to tell them face to face out of fear of braking down?

Andrea Tuck, LCPC

I tackle and discuss a multitude of social and emotional health issues. I have a belief that through empowerment and non-judgmental support clients' can thrive.

capriaesthetics
Absolutely. In fact, I told my mom both ways. I had spoken to her about it before and after a few weeks, I felt like I hadn't really conveyed all that I had wanted to say. I stayed up late into the night and I wrote her a letter and sent it to her in a Facebook message the next day. Turns out, she liked the fact that I opened up to her and sent me her own letter that she had written as a response. If you trust the people you tell, then you should definitely reach out for some help. You are never alone
Anonymous
It's ok to text them if you are too scared. This is a scary thing to deal with and even if you're too scared to tell them face to face it is great that you even want to tell them so don't feel bad if you have to text them