Why do I have a gut wrenching feeling when someone dislikes me and when they want to confront me, I am at a loss for words and feel like crying?

Australia

Lauren Brody, Bachelor in Psychological Science, Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychology

I work in supporting individuals in reclaiming their lives from overwhelming thoughts and emotions and help them to take control

Anonymous
Standing up for yourself is not a wrong thing. If you have your facts and you know your stands you should fight for it. It could be that in your past people have taught you to be timid when it comes to standing up for yourself. But being timid can only bring you so far.
Bearhugs222
May I ask why you feel like there are times that you feel disliked? Do you have an opportunity to socialize? What about keeping a journal about the times you feel uncomfortable. I'm glad that you have come to 7 cups. I am here for you to continuing talking about the difficulties you are experiencing.
Joye74
I would have the same feeling with the thoughts of confrontation. I don't think anyone likes to be disliked. Sometimes we just assumed not knowing what exactly is in other person's thought. Our feelings are based on how percieve not based on facts. It is important to learn the fact. Fear and imagination driven feelings are hurtful and make us feel at a loss. It is better to recognize and then analyze the root cause of the feeling before concluding to feel like crying. Most of the time, in my experience, I have found that those feelings were based on imaginations or fortune telling.