What are the main symptoms of panic attacks?

Amelia Winsby, PsyD

I often work with clients who experience a wide range of emotions and difficulties. I am non-judgmental and enjoy working with individuals from all walks of life.

hopeisabutterfly
January 22nd, 2016 1:03am
Shortness of breath, palpitations, sweating, racing thoughts, the urge to run away 'fight and flight',
Sophpeace10
January 23rd, 2016 10:52am
Racing" heart Feeling weak, faint, or dizzy Tingling or numbness in the hands and fingers Sense of terror, or impending doom or death Feeling sweaty or having chills Chest pains Breathing difficulties Feeling a loss of control
dreamwithmelovers31
my symptoms of panic attacks are: fidgety, shortness of breath, heart racing, feelings of impending doom, hopelessness, sometimes dissociation.
Anonymous
heart racing million miles per hour unable to think clearly or inability to consecrate on anything happening around you sweating and unable to breath probably fast breathing for sure like your having a heart-attack basically feeling out of control about what your body is doing itself
Anonymous
February 3rd, 2016 2:16pm
When I have panic attacks I mostly shake a lot and have difficulty breathing and Im always looking around
Priscilaxx
Panic attacks all come differently to different people. Some have shortness of breath, shaking, sweating, nausea or racing heart.
ordermysteps
For me it includes: sweaty palms, chills, trouble breathing, hyperventalating, dizziness, and uncontollable shaking.
Anonymous
Sweating, trembling, hyperventilating, red in the face, not being able to calm down, racing mind, need to write
averiwatkins
The main symptoms of a panic attack are fast heart rate, gasping for air, extreme panic, sweating, and shaking.
heythereyousmiles
Thre are many but the main ones are feeling scared stomach aches headaches sweating and fast heart beat
Anonymous
Rapid or abnormal heart beat, hyperventilation or shortness of breath are the main ones. Other symptoms are sweating, dizziness, ect
CalmingSunshine08
The main symptoms of panic attacks are: troubled breathing, shortness of breath, minor tension in the chest, etc. There are various symptoms to a panic attack and not everyone experiences them. Consult sites like Mayo Clinic for more information on panic attack symptoms.
samanthajesp1
Rapid heart beat, rapid breathing, chest pain, trembling, racing thoughts, sweaty palms, feeling faint, worrying
Anonymous
increased heart rate, hot and cold flashes, feeling claustrophobic, dizziness, out of breath, shaky hands, crying.
Anonymous
A panic attack is a sudden surge of overwhelming anxiety and fear. Your heart pounds and you can’t breathe. You may even feel like you’re dying or going crazy.
Anonymous
Sweating,dizziness/nausea,shaking,loss of breath, (finding it difficult to breath) which causes even more panic
Anonymous
Shakiness, hot and cold flashes, dizziness, chest pain, nausea, headaches. It usually happens all the sudden and after the "climax" slowly goes back down
healwithlove
Impeding feeling of doom, increased heart rate, sweat in the hands, fear, agitated breathing, dizzyness. It can always mix up with other diseases, and other things, is always a good idea to keep regular medical check up to discard circulatory issues, digestive issues, etc. Is better to keep it diagnosed it. And the symptoms might vary.
JustAddBlu
Panic attacks' symptoms vary from person to person. It's different than a normal, everyday anxiety that one may have. Instead, it is often a sudden onset of high levels of anxiety and fear that can cause sweating, hyperventilation, shortness of breath, crying, numbness in limbs, and many others. If you get these attacks often, please seek out medical attention.
generousUnicorns0224
Hyperventilation, loss of feeling in face and hands, shaky body parts, an overwhelming feeling of fear or panic, and sometimes sobbing.
Angelsupporter9
You feel like you can't breathe, you have shaking hands, you feel like the walls near you are coming down
majesticturtle33
The main symptoms of panic attacks are sweating, trembling, difficulty breathing, nausea, heart palpitations and feeling overwhelming feelings of panic or anxiety.
WorkInProgress11
The symptoms of panic attacks vary from person to person and attack to attack. I would say that the main ones are having trouble breathing or hyperventilating, racing heart, feelings of intense dread or fear, shaking or unsteady arms and legs, and nausea.
TheIrrationalBuddhist20
Increased heart rate, hyperventilation, tightness of chest, and sense of fear. Sometimes it can be misinterpreted as a heart attack.
Lightinthewindow
Racing heart, chest pain, shaking, trouble breathing, nausea, extreme fear, dizziness, headaches, heart palpitations
happySnow73
sweaty palms, heart racing, thoughts everywhere, that 'I don't know what to do next' feeling, and physical pain can occur.
Anonymous
Increased heart rate, trouble breathing, shaking, racing thoughts, wanting to run away from the situation, clammy or sweaty palms, obsessive thoughts
FaithHopeLove49
In my experience, panic attacks can have quite a few symptoms. There is an overall feeling of anxiety, but it can present itself with physical symptoms too, such as a racing pulse, feeling sick to your stomach, shortness of breath, or even breaking out in a sweat.
Anonymous
Everyone might experience panic attacks differently, but from my experience, I tend to feel dizzy/lightheaded. My head will pound and I sometimes feel nauseous, and my lips and tongue will start to tingle or go numb, as well as my fingers and hands. You may also experience a racing heartbeat and have trouble breathing properly.
Anonymous
Everyone is different, but in general, there are physical symptoms and mental symptoms. The physical symptoms would be things like labored breathing or being short of breath, fast heartbeat, shaking, feeling either hot or cold, sweating or having chills, headache, muscle ache, an inability to sit still, some people even experience blurry vision. People often wring their hands or tap their feet or legs, or play with their hair or something as a response. The mental symptoms include feeling foggy, not being able to focus, feeling either extremely fatigued or extremely energetic, not being able to gather your thoughts and feeling like you're going to die or your world is falling apart. They're definitely a scary aspect of panic disorder.