How can I stop worrying?

Erin Parks, PhD

With extensive training and experience in evidence based treatments, I use behavioral and cognitive techniques and a warm nonjudgmental approach to help people find joy.

SereneBeauty820
Try not to think too much. Try to Pray, Meditate, Breathe, and/or read a good book. If you still worry, try to avoid negative self-talk. You need to speak to someone that will listen and/or support you without judgement. You can watch tv and avoid watching the ones that will "Trigger" you.
Millichidulinas
You can try with music. Music and art in general helped me a lot and could be the same with you. If this doesn't work you can focusing on the things you have and not on the things you have not.
therapinto
Use your time wisely. Relax and give yourself time to do what you want and do things that will calm you down, make sure that these things aren't stressful. If you're worried about your health, ask for advice from a medical expert. Avoid self-diagnosis; it will only send you into a tailspin and you are more likely than not to be wrong.
dkotabarrios
"Don't worry, be happy." As cliche as that saying is, it is true. Focus on the things in life that provide you with the utmost happiness. Look at the big picture instead of all the little details.
Kaylei72
To stop worrying, you have to try and not focus on the topic you are worrying about. You have to try and focus on something else.
CasListens
Try distracting yourself! Maybe find quotes that you love and leave them around your room/office :)
peacefulCat41
You may be able to decrease your worrying if you look at yourself, realize what it is you need, and take care of it. If you are anxious, what are you anxious about and why? Is your fear unfounded. If not, what steps can you take to prevent it from happening or to be better prepared. If you cannot prevent it, then worrying doesn't help anyway. It may seem overused, but the serenity prayer addresses this issue head on (paraphrase): I must seek the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
nicole273
The important thing is to stay calm. You can do this by listening to music or reading a book etc. That can help to distract your mind from worrying. If you're worrying about a situation you're going into (e.g. a presentation) just take some deep breaths before hand as this can also help to calm your mind.
Anonymous
It is hard to stop worrying because new things pop into your head, but you have to try to stay positive even though it is hard.
A lot of people worry about lots of things. Just remember if the worrying is doing harm to your health or self then it is unhealthy worrying and you should seek some help. Always remember that worrying gets you no where, cause no matter how much you worry it isn't gonna change a thing.
LavenderFish1212
Put your mind off it; Do 'Mood Boosts' under the 'My Path' bar, meditate and take part in things you like! Surround yourself with people that makes you happy, and don't bottle anything in (:
thoughtfulWings63
I believe that exercise and eating well has truly helped me with my anxiety and my worrying. Living in a healthy environment and putting the right foods in your body can change the chemicals in your brain to release positive energy.
Anonymous
Worrying. it's complicated. To stop worrying you must first find when the worrying began and investigate what was happening in your life at that time. did you have exams? an argument with a loved one? once you have discovered the source of your worrying, you can trace it forwards, making sense of why you have been so worried all along. you mend and fix what made you so worried and upon reflection, you will most likely realise your worrying was all about nothing, as your troubles are fixed and now you are relatively worry free.
Anonymous
focus your mind on something that doesn't worry you
Anonymous
First take some deep breaths. Then try to understand that stressing and worrying isn't going to change anything! Everything is going to work out in your favor, so smile sunshine because I along with many people believe in you.
orientalfairy
Personally, I tend to analyze what exactly is worrying me, and from there consider my rational stances concerning the situation, as well as my moral ones. Nevertheless, if I'm concerned about something I inevitably have to do in order to sustain self, I would calm down and prepare myself to bite the bullet. This feeling of determination will eventually overpower the feeling of worry.
Jelglu
I was taught a technique called worry time, where I'd set 5 minutes to the side in my day or when I was anxious to write all the worries that were on my mind, I'd then see a different perspecive of them when they were written down. I'd look at them and try and put them into two catagories; hyperthetical and practical worries. Hyperthetical worries are worries that you cannot do anything about now (e.g "In 2 week's I have a operation I'm really anxious" although it's something very reasonable to be worried about, there is absolutely no point dwelling on something that is out of your control.) and practical worries are worries you can plan for and write down a solution then let that worrying go.
Anonymous
Take deep breaths, meditate, listen to calming music, tell yourself it going to be okay, think of something else