Is there a cure for anxiety?

Lisa Groesz, PhD

With evidenced based therapies, we find the root of the problem together to implement solutions. We all face crises, transitions, or disorders at some time.

emoalien
There is no cure for anxiety, but there are ways to manage it effectively. Breathing, positive thinking, staying real with yourself, surrounding yourself with great supports, all of those are things you can do to help you manage your anxiety. And this is coming from someone with a severe anxiety disorder.
LittleGreyKitten
I don't think there's a permanent cure of anxiety, but there ARE coping methods in which to decrease anxiety and anxiety attacks.
Anonymous
There isn't a cure for anxiety unless you're aware of what makes you anxious and are able to completely avoid it. However, it's important to know how best to manage your anxiety!
Anonymous
I'm not sure their is a cure to completely get rid of anxiety, but medication do seem to help bring it down.
AngelinaDreamer
Everyone with a disorder can be cured or helped, you just need the right help. You can be amazed how a listener from 7 cups can help you.
Kekkai22
yes..by having a happy thought and something that could ease your mind..a happy memories or a thought of you and your loved ones were having a great time..this is is hardly people understand because alll they do was kept thinking about the bad memories theyve had..anxiety is a disease caused by over-worried in something that is proven to not happen as they imagine.this can be done by seeking for our great weapon such as patient,prayers and etc.
sam7914
yes, if you get the right help. Going to a specialist and talking about your issues with it can help you and sometimes even having the right medication can help you.
DoeRae
Self awareness, identifying negative thoughts and replacing them with positive thoughts, forgiving yourself and letting go of the past, and getting support from others.
Quentin18
October 22nd, 2014 6:16am
Unfortunately no. Anxiety is psychological. Everyone has it, it just varies on how often, and how intense, a person gets anxiety.
fleur
No. You learn to deal with it. There are strategies, but there's not a miracle cure. You just learn to train your brain.
Alaa
I think the best cure is to learn how to create a place inside you that gives you peace and security
Anonymous
Anxiety is best thought of as an overactive worry response. We wouldn't want to 'cure' anxiety per se because then we wouldn't know when we should be worried about the things that should make us worry. I find it is more helpful to think of anxiety as getting 'under control' so that you can use it when it is most beneficial to you, and put it away when it is not.
Anonymous
A cure? No, I don't think so. You can get drugs, sure. They help, of course. But if you go off them, it's still there. It suppresses it, and is great for doing so, but doesn't cure. Exercises and therapy can also significantly lessen symptoms, but I don't believe it can ever really go away
Anonymous
There is no cure for anxiety, but there are many tools to help you cope with it and live a successful life.
Cheriv
Cure? I'd say no, because anxiety is a normal human emotion, albeit an uncomfortable one. I do think, however, a reframe to seeing the feeling of anxiety as holding a clue to to information can be helpful as it switches the brain from the fear area to the logic area as one considers what underlies the anxiety feeling. This enables one to be in a more empowering space.
cherry78
There is not a cure for anxiety, however there are may ways to reduce the feelings that are associated with anxiety.
smo
The is not a direct cure, it tends to come and go but many find their own way of making it better or even making it no longer a problem, some suggest meditation, or listening to calm music with your eyes closed, for some its exercise or working on a hobby you enjoy. There are many cognitive therapies you can try at home that could help or even speaking to your GP, in some instances they may provide prescription medication that works for some. Understanding that you have anxiety and your possible triggers is the first step so it seems as though you are making progress.
zchowdh
I think that if you develop a routine of some sort to calm you while you start feeling the symptoms, that can help. I don't believe it can be cured. It is one of those things that come and go.
GraceOz
I don't really think there is a "cure" for anxiety. I don't think "cure" would be the right wording. I believe that there are things that one can do to relieve or significantly lighten anxiety.
daniellebee
I don't think there is a set cure for anxiety and it is something that everyone will experience at some point, but there are ways to relieve your anxiety.
lauradove
Distraction, is the best way for me. I don't think that there is a cure, but by distracting myself with either doing or thinking about something I like doing, it keeps my mind off what I am doing that is making me anxious.
KKGunner
Yes. Recovery is always hard, but anyone who's ever made it to the other side will tell you it's worth it. The times it takes varies from person to person, but medication and therapy help. It might take a while to find a treatment that works for you, too.
MorningGloryBlue
In my experience, there is no cure for anxiety, but there are powerful coping techniques. Strategies like yoga, deep breathing, meditation, progressive muscle relaxation and massage can all work wonders for anxiety. But you can't treat just the physical symptoms. I have to work very hard at consciously replacing anxious thoughts. For example, when I get overly worried about what someone thinks of me, I have to tell myself 'you can't read this person's mind, so if they don't like you... what does it matter? what can you do about it?' I have found that replacing anxious and negative thoughts with more positive thoughts that are focused on letting go and accepting uncertainties are really powerful tools when it comes to working with my anxiety. All in all, I believe it's a condition that I will have for the rest of my life, but I don't believe it's a 'life sentence' to live forever anxious. It's more of a challenge to work with and through.
Anonymous
there is not a cure just treatment which can significantly reduce the symptoms of anxiety so don't lose hope :)
Erynn
Unfortunately, no. There are medicines and skills though that can help you manage and control anxiety. It doesn't magically go away completely, so there will probably always be some hard days, but with the right skill set, we can learn how to get through even the toughest of days in a successful and self-caring manner. You may find it helpful to look into: CBT skills like cognitive distortions and how to confront them; DBT skills like self-soothing, mindfulness, and distress tolerance; counseling; meditation; distractions; and steps for getting through panic attacks. In some cases it can also help to talk with a psychiatrist.
Anonymous
Yes, there is a cure for anxiety. If triggered, ask for help. The solution is right there in your hands.
kindheartedSky78
I think it would be wonderful if there was a cure for anxiety, However, I tend to think that the cure is more about learning to deal with it rather then getting rid of the problem
freespirit2016
Meditation. What I understand of Anxiety is it is a state of restlessness, where you can't just do anything. You start one thing, you feel like doing other. The best cure for anxiety is self analysis, self evaluation and of course mediation.
Yannickosaur
The cure of anxiety is to face your fear, only then you'll understand it, know the weakness of the fear and only then you'll be able to tackle the fear. You will have peace, you just have to fight for it. Ask support to make that cure even more stronger, ask people to support you through the hard time. Have patience and self-trust to become stronger than your fear, and then, when the right time will strike, that one fear, that anxiety, will kneel for you. Only YOU can make the change. "We will have peace, even if we have to fight for it. " - Dwight D. Eisenhower
trisjlistens
August 3rd, 2015 10:20am
I'm not sure about this, because I still have anxiety. But they said that meditation can help! :) And I hope it really could.