What are some natural ways of curing anxiety?

Parvathy Venugopal, MSc in Clinical psychology

Life is chaotic and you need to rest if you're tired. I am here to help you relax until you are ready to start over again.Your mental health is priority, so is your happiness.

Plamzes
Being more socially active. Try finding a new hobby to get your mind off of the bad things going through your mind . Yoga helps a lot as well!
wordsmith
I have had good luck with calming music--I used to listen to quicker louder tunes and was more "on edge". Then I switched to some meditation music (I Love tibetan singing bowls!) and occasional classical stuff and I think that helps keep me more relaxed in general. I also meditate and I try to drink some relaxing herbal teas (chamomile, passion flower, st. john's wort) and occasionally take supplements like Lactium and L-thiamine. When things are really bad, I take some kava and cuddle with my dog for a while.
Dresden
I really like grounding! It works when you're having a panic attack. What you do, is close your eyes and think of three things that you can hear, three things you can smell, three things you can feel, and three things that you can taste. Then you open your eyes and think of three things you can see. It helps to distract your mind and bring it into the present.
Anonymous
Thinking of things you love, being with someone you care about and being who you are by simply doing what you do best.
LovelyLex
Distractions. Finding other things to keep my mind off of whatever is causing my anxiety seems to help me cope better. Whether it be drawing, listening to music, reading, watch funny things, anything that could distract me eventually calms me down (:
ListenLady
There are many ways you can ease anxiety but there is no proven cure, some of these ways do help people so anxiety isn't an issue anymore and you feel "cured" it may be one method that helps you, or a mixture of a few methods that works for you because everyone is different. Some ways that help people are cognitive behavioural therapy, talking therapids and meditation. There are natural herbal remedies you can try too instead of taking medication, I personally have used Kalms tablets which are all natural and contain calming ingredients. Bach rescue remedies are another herbal item you can buy, they make sprays, gum, sweets and pastilles which give you a burst of calmIng herbs when you feel anxiety or panic setting in, I used these as emergency helpers so if I felt my anxiety reaching a high point or the onset of a panic attack I would chew a sweet until the feelings subsided. There are lots of brands that make calming items, st Johns wort is another herb to try.
Anonymous
If you can do a hobby of some kind it will help you disconnect from the stress.
Lalaxoxo
Listening to natural sounds, taking deep breaths. I always find this relaxing when my anxiety is playing up.
Anonymous
Try exercising, taking a nice jog or walk through a park. Bathing or taking a warm shower. Sitting out in the sun an getting fresh air away from all the things you may be nervous of. In a more general way try remembering what is causing your anxiety, and work on different ways to get around or by what might be causing it. Talking to somebody about it is a good way to relieve what you may be anxious about, and help you realize what you may not understand.
mightywindbag
For me I am not sure 'curing' applies at the moment but I do find that avoiding alcohol and caffeine helps enormously. Breathing correctly is hugely important and on youtube you can find some easy to follow vids on deep breathing to help you feel calm.
mike251
Changing your thought process is #1. Really, follow anything Aaron Beck and David Burns say about anxiety and CBT. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) truly will change anxiety. It changed my anxiety. It is effective as medication for anxiety, if not more effective. When you quit taking medication anxiety will return, but with CBT the change is lasting, if you put the work in.
RoxyCares13
Some of these may sounds silly, but having a bath, practicing mindfulness, staying active, eating healthy, relaxing with a book, lighting scented candles (carefully), doing/starting a hobby you enjoy, keeping contact with friends & family, playing with your pet, taking active steps to eliminate triggers or stressors - think that cause you anxiety. When I was anxious, people suggested having a bath to relax and I would think 'yeah, it's not that easy!', but combine some of these things together and it really can help to lessen the anxiety.
Syntthetics
Do things you enjoy, basically any hobbies you have. That's always done the trick for me. In my case, that's gaming, playing the guitar, things like that.
Anonymous
Breathing exercises, mindful meditation, sometimes gently yoga can help significantly with anxiety..
Anonymous
A natural way of curing anxiety is to take deep breaths and try to forget about your problems for a moment. Meditation also helps.
AutumnBreeze92
Those are few natural ways to cure anxiety Listening to music, exercises, meditation, Healthy Foods, Get enough rest, Get enough sleep, Live with nature, mindfulness exercises. self compassion.
quietLion4
For me, I found Mindfulness extremely useful. 7Cups comes with some mindfulness resources, and there are tons of apps and sites online with others too.
Practice mindfulness. Any type of physical activity. Alternative thinking, looking at the logic rather than the emotional. Activities that distract like music, reading.
NannyBird84
There are countless ways and it is individual specific. Some ways that research has proved to be effective would to be eating healthy, exercising doing something you like, doing an activity you enjoy (knitting reading), talking to a trusted loved one, mindfulness are all ways.
8emily8
I use the 4-7-8 method in which i take a deep breath in through the nose for 4 seconds, hold it for 7 and the release through the mouth for 8 seconds.
Anonymous
breathing exercises, writing, and going for walks have always personally helped me cope with anxiety.
tnsweetea
There are a few natural remedies for anxiety. I have used everything from essential oils to breathing exercises. When I feel that I am overwhelmed, I used peppermint and lavender oil in a diffuser or I rub the oils on my chest using a cotton round, diluted with water. I lie down and do some breathing exercises. If I cannot use oils and I find my anxiety becomes overwhelming, I will take deep breaths in the nose and out the mouth. If I am in a public setting, and I find myself becoming overwhelmed with anxiety, I will usually find a bathroom to gather myself and to just breathe until I am ready to go back out. There is never any shame in having to take a break to breathe and relax. Always make your mental health a priority!
Anonymous
Not everyone subscribes to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, but personally, self-care means taking care of all of oneself, not just mental or physical health. Taking time to bathe, eat breakfast, remind oneself of their impact, and the like can do wonders for whatever health aspect is struggling. Relaxing with some tea won't always help somebody with a nervous brain, and staying away from the Internet isn't going to make a headache feel better, but taking care of one can make the other(s) much, much easier. Also, just having someone know about one's struggles is helpful, so there's no sense of aloneness in the world. One knows they have support because their friend is already in the know and would gladly help.
meaningfulmic
Anxiety is a natural response in our body. If anxiety becomes bothersome, we can manage it by taking deep or relaxed breaths. Controlling our breathing tells our body to relax and calms our mind. Try breathing in a box! By this I mean breath in for 4 counts, hold for 4 counts, exhale for 4 counts, and hold for 4 counts. You can even imagine drawing a box in the air as you breath. Another way to use breath to reduce anxiety is by placing one hand on your chest and the other on your belly. Maybe even close your eyes. Relax your breathing and notice what your breath feels like in your body. Pay attention to how your belly expands. How does the calm breathing make you feel? There are more ways to use breathing to help your anxiety, these are just a few! Next time you feel overly anxious, try using your breath to calm yourself. Isn't it amazing how we can monitor and regulate our thoughts and emotions simply by breathing?
brightsmiles3
Meditation is one of the best ways to help anxiety. I’ve struggled with this myself and especially when I felt like I had no one, I would meditate to calm my thoughts. Meditation is a guided process or simply taking a breath and becoming aware of what’s bothering you. I find that in that moment, you can actually notice what’s causing your anxiety or what’s making you upset. Other than that, I think just seeking someone to talk too or finding ways to solve your problem that’s causing your anxiety will help greatly in any situation. Always remember that you cannot figure out how to calm your anxiety without finding the root of it