Is it okay to be single forever?

Is it okay to be single forever?

Theresa Gulliver, Master Therapeutic Counsellor

Problems cannot be solved using the same level of thinking that created them. We must try something different. Gently, we turn your challenges into opportunities for healing.

bluesdays007
It's completely okay as long as you feel fine with it. Being single doesn't mean that you don't have any social contacts or family. You're still valuable human being that is important to others.
SocialButterfly31
Yes it is. It is okay just because your single does not mean you are any less of a person. Just know no matter what as long as you love yourself and and have family and friends you will never be alone.
PondIsle
Everyone's different- some people simple don't care to have relationships, and that's perfectly fine. Anyone who tells you differently doesn't matter- it's your life, not their's. Live it how you like!
Ametrine
Absolutely. Some people need more company than others. If you are healthiest without a significant other, then I see no reason why it would not be okay.
Xemnas
Being single is not bad. It's you who decides your happiness through relationships or hobbies. Your happiness is key in life.
JulietteJay
It's perfectly fine to be single, taken or whatever that make you feel happy. Being in a relationship isn't for everyone.
calmingStrawberry63
Of course! The most important things is that you find happiness in yourself. Nobody needs someone to complete them. By saying I am searching for my other half, I am implying that I do not view myself as whole. Many people stay single forever and it is 100% okay.
SecretlyHigh
It differed from some people to others, but .. As long as you've got friends who care for you and love you with the same quantity ... Why not ? It's absolutely okay
MagicalPond86
I think its ok to be single forever, we are all human and we have the choice of freewill. If its your choice not to want to engage in a romantic comitted relationship through your life thats your choice, theres a good chance your life will be filled with friendships and perhaps romantic trysts and you will be more fulfilled than many who settle down and get married and stay partnered forever
NDS369
Being Single should be by choice and if that is so then the answer lies within oneself. There is no age limit to get married.
Mugiwara
Of course. This is your life and choice. You do not need a partner to be happy. You choose the way you are happy. Do not let other people and society tell you otherwise.
Anonymous
Of course it is! It's your life, you choose to do whatever you want to do with it, remember that. It's yours, own it.
dawnchaser
I don't think that it is okay to be single forever, however being single for a long time is completely okay. We are a social beings and sometimes we seek comfort in others, and our significant others is a part we can separate from our life and I think we need them for a support where our family and friends can't give :)
Anonymous
Of course it is. Each person has to do what is best for them. The "gender norms" have evolved and changed and I don't think every woman finds it necessary to be married. Single people can actually be happier than married people in bad marriages.
Matcha
Absolutely. Whether or not you choose to be in a relationship is in fact a choice. If it feels like you can't find anyone, just remember that there are 7 billion people on the planet. At least one of them is bound to like you :) And your happiness should never depend on another person anyway. You can choose when to feel happy, and if that involves being alone, that's fine.
admirableFaith91
Humans are not be meant to live alone.. But there are much going in this world now. Many people are living with a family that can cause nothing but pain to them. That's why more and more people are trying to live single and alone forever. But living single is a choice you can make only if you don't have any other option left. So, before taking that decision, be sure that there is none waiting for you to be in their life desperately or none loves you more than yourself. If you are sure that there is no one made for you, just for you, then you can take the decision to stay single forever. May you be blessed with someone who would love you more than yourself. :)
Brennen2009
Yes, it is perfectly ok to be single your whole life. Being single can help keep purity and resist temptation. Also being single can eliminate stress that comes from relationships
Anonymous
Its up too your perception of your happiness . A person can be happy and be single forever for example ; a priest or a rabbi are single but stereotypical they live a happy life . Find your own happiness in life and surround yourself with happiness , positivity and ambitious
Anonymous
December 22nd, 2015 12:47am
It is okay but you see if you are single forever you start to get crazy and go insane.because of loneliness
Wolverineclaw
If a person has all the capacity of getting married... Then it is certainly not a good thing to stay single forever... Infact, it is bad...
nyehJames89
Yes, I am asexual and me being single is okay, I would rather be single then in a relationship because not everyone needs to have someone in their life.
psglistens
I don't see why there's something wrong with becoming single forever. As long as you're happy on your own, there's nothing wrong with that.
Anonymous
Yes, as long as it makes you happy! I personally feel like one doesn't need to be in a relationship with someone to feel fulfilled and to have meaningful connections with others.
Anonymous
It is a matter of personal choice and circumstances. If you are certain about yourself, it certainly is.
Anonymous
It's ok to be whoever you are, as long as it makes you happy! It's your life to do with as you please, so if being single makes you happy, go for it! :)
TurnThePaige83
If someone wants to be single forever, it is their choice to make. If it makes that person content and happy with the way they live, then there is no reason for them to not do what makes them happy.
Anonymous
I feel it is perfectly acceptable to be single. I am single now, and am content with my life and my circumstances. One can find fulfillment outside of a romantic relationship. You can find fulfillment in other close, supportive relationships, in your life passions, in faith/spirituality, etc.
LadyCee
If you want to be single forever, && you think it's okayy than it should be okayy :) The answer shouldn't come from other people rather from yourself. Because after all you lie with the final decision. Good luck :) .
Spongeheart
Its a deccision to stay single. .some says its a gift, sometimes its destiny, but whatever it might be as ling as you are comfortable and happy being single , nobody in rhis world have to right to say you shouldn't be! Its a lifestyle you can embrace beautifully as long as you are surrounded with nice people and independent to be who you are. . .Being single is wonderful!
Anonymous
Well it depends... Normally humans are programmed to be in a social life and continuity of their genes. like finding a partner having kids. So being single forever might effect the psychology of the human. But ofcourse that is just a theory. Some people are better without a partner. They are at their best while single.