Where is home for you?

Greece

Johanna Liasides, MSc

I work with youth and young adults to help them improve depressive symptoms and self-esteem as well as effectively address family, relationship and peer conflicts.

Anonymous
For me home is at school. At school, nobody knows what my life is like. At school, people compliment me and think I'm perfect. At school, I forget about my troubles for a short space of time. At school I can manage to laugh every now and then. At school, I feel loved. At school. I can't self harm. At school, I feel happy.
Anonymous
Home, as cliche as it is, is a place in which you can completely relax and find yourself in your surroundings. If you can imagine a place in which you fully immerse yourself in the space, and can be your true self, that is home.
RosieGirl333
Home Is My House! I Don't worry about anything or anyone. I don't worry about what's going on outside. I feel safe it's like my little safe haven. I feel completely relaxed an my anxiety don't get half as bad as when I'm outside.
Purplex
Home. Home is where I feel comfortable to be myself, and act the way I want to act. Home is where I don't feel the need to be fake or wear a mask to cover up my insecurities, let alone my doubts. Home is where I can be my true self, speak of honesty and wisdom, truth and love, not being obliged to be whom society wants me to be. Home is where I find peace and serenity. Right now, home is where I live, but I am yet to find that one true place where I belong.
Ashiya
Home for me is where I feel comfortable, home is where I can take time to sleep or tend to my illnesses, talk to my friends, listen to music and be myself around my own family. Feeling comfortable is the main part of home for me.
gentleHorizon27
Home for me is a place of peace and love. A comfortable place where I can be me without fear. A place where there is support when I need it or a place where I can find space when I need some time to myself. I am as much at home no matter where I am- surrounded by those who care and love me.
Wisemanpeace
Home is where I got all the liberty to do the right things which I seriously need and have people who shower love and take care
Shiningmoon3
Home is not a place. Home is someone whom you return to, after a long, tiring journey. Home is a person or group of people who want you. Some where you are wanted and loved. Home is where no matter after how many years, people still wait with open arms for you. That is what home is. Home is where the heart is.
Anonymous
For me home is not a place. It is someone who i feel comfort with anytime anywhere and no matter where it it.
42Matt42The564Listener
Home,for me, isn't a physical place at all. It's somewhere i can be myself, without being judged. It could be anywhere.
DayCap1
For me, home is where I do not have to hide who I truly am. It is a place where I can truly express myself and grow. It is a place where there are people who can see the entirety of me - for all my glees and follies - and still love, trust, and accept me wholeheartedly.
kennyxpenny
Wherever you can be yourself, and feel loved. The place you always go back to whenever you need help or just some time to yourself.
Bestyou87
Home is where destructive thoughts don’t exist, your heart is not racing, and you are filled with oneness, wholeness, unity, and joy.
Anonymous
In my personal opinion, home is where those who you care for are rather than your house. I have always thought that what matters in this life is people. Without friends or family, you'd be depressed. There is no purpose in life without them. Us humans are social. We need to socialize because of that. It could be that, as an introvert, you sometimes need some time to be on your own, but you will always need other people in your life. This is why home is where the people you care for are. Because without them, we are nothing. And don't get me wrong, you will meet people along your life that will be important, so don't worry about not having them close at some point in your life.
Anonymous
My home is in my heart. Without knowing what you want in life you can not have a home for yourself. You are a important part of yourself that you need to listen to it at all times. This is where your home is at the end of the day it all within your soul and heart. Never loose sight of who you are on the inside and know that there is people always looking for you to helping them find there homes as well at the end of the day here. Never give up on this, and to me that is where my home is.
Anonymous
I don't think of my Home in terms of physical or like a house. Home os wherever my heart is. Its being close to and spending time with my loved ones, including family and friends. Its the feeling of love and support that they give and is returned in terms of needs. Its having a close community of people that can rely on one another, for emotional support. When you are able to support each other it build a connection of love. It can also include new people who you come to care for. Its all about making new connections (neighbourhood) and looking after those precious to you.
legion4it
I am a true child of the world. Born in Alberta, Canada. I was lucky enough to travel all over the world, even as a child. I come from a strong military family. Which I carried on as well. Once out of the military, i further travelled to explore places most don't goto. I have never been a tourist type or resort style person. It's all about getting to the heart of the culture for me. Going deep into the place where my face was the only colour like it. To date I have been to somewhere around 100 countries. So to answer you frankly. Where is home for you? Well its where I lay my head down at night.